Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Upper abdominal cramps/twinges

Sleeved 12-26. Had some issues day 2-4 with sipping/drinking and upper abdominal cramping ... passed quickly but somewhat painful. That has gotten a bit better but Started noticing that that it does it randomly throughout the day and especially night. Allmoat like a hunger pain that turns into a cramp or spasm. Lasts about 10-15 sec but wake me from sleep. Is this normal from swelling and healing? Will it subside or Gould I be concerned ? Called surgeon office by no return call yet. 2 week Post op appt 1-9.

I get pain or cramping when eating or drinking too fast. I also notice that when I take my time to eat when the food is moving down my stomach needs to "make room" to get down. The entire time I'm eating my sleeve talks to me. When the gas is moving around it does get painful but subsides shortly. I'm 3.5 weeks out (12/12/17) and it has been getting better/easier. Either that or I'm just used to it now.

12-28. I am also having those weird abdominal pains. Mine hit every two hours and are painful but don’t hurt as much if I drink some Water. But they definitely keep me up at night! It doesn’t matter if I’ve eaten or not. I tried Prevacid today and that actually helped. I took another at 8 and am hoping that helps throughout the night.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• jparadigm

Hello lovlies!
      Today is a beautiful day in west Michigan! I hope you all have a beautiful Tuesday and rest of your week!! 🤗
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Clueless_girl

Having gall bladder surgery in a few days and I so hope the recovery is easier than the one from the modified DS! I could use a bit of luck/pep talk for a change. I'm starting to be able to walk around without experiencing dizziness, but it would be great if the random pain in my chest and abdomen would go away!!
      · 0 replies
    • Dawn 1974

4/4/2024 - new patient orientation. Wt 313
      4/5/2024 - got all my lab work done.
      · 0 replies
    • jparadigm

Today was rough...
      I've been experiencing a headache all day today that just won't go away. I'm thinking it's now progressing into a migraine. Does anyone else get headaches from taking vitamin B12? I did some research and learned that usually a lack of B12 causes headaches. But I've noticed when I take it, I have reoccurring headaches. 😫
      · 0 replies
    • sammijaee

I can’t figure out how to update my surgery stats but 
      start 259
      sw 245
      cw 237
      gw 175
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products