Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gastric Bypass in Memphis

I had surgery mid April w dr Wegner. I’m down 100 pounds since then y’all! It’s so worth it. Good luck to everyone.

That’s great news!!!! I’ve been waiting for weeks just to get a call back for a surgery date. I really hope someone calls me tomorrow. I have Dr Wegner as well.

Dr Wagner performed my surgery 7/11/17 at St Francis Hospital. He did an amazing job! I am 5'1 highest weight 227, current weight 148, I am 6 months post op and 20 pounds from my personal goal. Just had my 6 month check up and everything is right on target. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask :)

Dr Wagner performed my surgery 7/11/17 at St Francis Hospital. He did an amazing job! I am 5'1 highest weight 227, current weight 148, I am 6 months post op and 20 pounds from my personal goal. Just had my 6 month check up and everything is right on target. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to ask [emoji4]

Great news!!!!!!! So glad everything is going well for you. I have my pre-op visit Feb 7th. I am wondering will I need to pay anything to the hospital at that time? What actually goes on that day? How long were you in the hospital? Lol sorry I have so many questions. It’s hard to get in touch with anyone in the office right now.

Seems like I had to pay my balance 2 weeks prior to surgery, but that may be different based on your insurance. I checked in that morning at 5am, my surgery was scheduled for 8am. My husband and daughter went with me to the hospital, you go straight to the floor and a nurse does a brief intake and then takes you to a hospital room, where i was given a gown and had my IV started (i think). My family stayed with me until it was time to be wheeled down to preop at which point my husband was allowed to wait with me. Can't remember how long i was down there, but the anesthesiologist and a couple of nurses came by. About 30 minutes before the procedure Dr Wagener stopped by and made sure i didn't have any last minute questions, they anesthesiologist came back in and put something in my IV, she told me to count backwards from 10...the hubs said i was out by 8. Next thing i knew i woke up being wheeled into my room. My surgery was Tuesday morning and i was discharged Thursday morning around 9:30am. I am here for you if you have any other questions. I was 227 day of surgery and was 148 as of this morning. My weight loss has slowed down considerably, but I only have 20 pounds left to get to goal. Surgery/recovery was not bad at all, the worst part is the GAS pain, that is real :)

Ask away!

A2.JPG

My profile shows Dr Weaver as my surgeon but she left the group suddenly so i had to switch to Dr Wagner at the last minute. I loved him

Seems like I had to pay my balance 2 weeks prior to surgery, but that may be different based on your insurance. I checked in that morning at 5am, my surgery was scheduled for 8am. My husband and daughter went with me to the hospital, you go straight to the floor and a nurse does a brief intake and then takes you to a hospital room, where i was given a gown and had my IV started (i think). My family stayed with me until it was time to be wheeled down to preop at which point my husband was allowed to wait with me. Can't remember how long i was down there, but the anesthesiologist and a couple of nurses came by. About 30 minutes before the procedure Dr Wagener stopped by and made sure i didn't have any last minute questions, they anesthesiologist came back in and put something in my IV, she told me to count backwards from 10...the hubs said i was out by 8. Next thing i knew i woke up being wheeled into my room. My surgery was Tuesday morning and i was discharged Thursday morning around 9:30am. I am here for you if you have any other questions. I was 227 day of surgery and was 148 as of this morning. My weight loss has slowed down considerably, but I only have 20 pounds left to get to goal. Surgery/recovery was not bad at all, the worst part is the GAS pain, that is real [emoji4]
Ask away!
A2.thumb.JPG.3d54499f9e8ead7b04041f544150e28d.JPG

YOU LOOK GREAT!!!!!! Thanks for the info. I heard the gas is the worst part. I hate needles so hopefully they only have to stick me once lol. You did the bypass correct? What Vitamins are you taking now? I hope my surgery is early like that.

Thank you! Yes I had the gastric bypass (laparoscopic), I have 4 small incision scars and 1 small scar where the drain was. I take 2 Flinstones Complete, 4 calcium citrate (500mg) 3000mcgs of Biotin (helps with hair loss/regrowth) and B12. I do not buy the bariatric Vitamins that are sold, all of mine come from Walgreens (I would guess i spend ~20$ per month on vitamins). I do supplement my Protein with GENEPRO unflavored medical grade protein from GNC, I go thru a tub of it about every week and half to 2 weeks, it runs about $38. However the $ i spend on not eating fast food or diet sodas more than equals out monthly. I also no longer buy a meal when my husband and I go out, I generally just get an appetizer or maybe an add on like a skewer of shrimp...so cost wise Its definitely a wash.

Thought I would pop back in to say hey. I started at 308 and my surgery was 4/17/17. This week I hit 198 pounds! Good luck in your journeys! I don’t have a lot of early pics but I’m in the black and white dress Image1517664946.057396.jpg Image1517664973.665042.jpg Image1517664883.463754.jpg