Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Weight Loss Surgery Protein Rules

Hello Everyone and Happy New Years!!! So I recently had the Sleeve done and things are going well, except I cannot tolerate any dairy products. ANY AT ALL. I am struggling to get the required amount of Protein in. I’ve tried shakes, yogurts, silke yogurt and protien powders. I do not tolerate sweet tastes wel either. I need your help!!! Any suggestions on protein powders that are dairy free and sleeve friendly that are really tasteless. Please share any recommendations. Today my protein intake should increase and I have not even met he previous intake. HELP. THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I've tried the nectar Protein. I got the sample pack and so far they have all been good.

Gene Pro Protien. You can get it threw Amazon. It has been a life saver for me. One scoop of power with 1 oz of liquid equals 30 grams of protien. It is tasteless. It does give a little bit of a thicker texture to your liquid. But it goes very well with a sugar free Kool-aid or G2 drink. You can barely tell and especially being able to get that much protien in such a small amount of liquid is amazing. Well worth it. It comes out to be about $1 a serving.

My experience has been good with juice plus complete Protein Shakes and almond milk. I’m lactose sensitive and this works well for me.

Thank you, I will look into both!

I also had problems with dairy. I had a yoghurt once and thought I was going to die! Thankfully, I don't have dairy issues anymore. Anyway, I used to make Protein Shakes with unflavoured lactose free Protein Powder and almond milk. This is a versatile base, so you can then jazz it up with other flavours and have a bit of variety- depending on what you can handle in terms of sweetness. e.g. cacao powder, frozen fruits and/or natural nut butter (you want sugar free stuff - you have to read the ingredients!). Do you have a nutribullet?

Now that my dairy sensitivity is better, I'll make smoothies with regular/skim milk - only because it's cheaper to use the milk we have in the fridge than buy my own almond milk.

IMG_1899.JPG
This could be an option for you.

Liquecel, buy on Amazon. It’s a Syrup type liquid, it’s kinda sweet but not too sweet. sugar free. Flavors are mango, lemon & a few others. I pour them into my tea or green tea or any liquid. 16 grams of Protein per serving & taste great. No dairy! Individual packets make it easy to throw in your purse or keep in your car.
IMG_1343.JPG