Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey ya'll. I am almost 3 weeks post op and been eating a lot of stuff! Stuff that im not even suppose to eat. Like a veggie burrito and wine/cocktails and Cookies. Of course I took small bites of the burrito and i kept putting it back in the fridge so it took me about a day to eat it, but i ate it. It had chopped up tomatoes and raw onions. I feel fine though. But feel kinda guilty about it. I can drink a ton of Water so im hitting water goal and i drink wine slowly.

I followed the surgeon's diet plan perfectly for the first 2 weeks then just kinda started eating and drinking whatever i wanted. I am careful not to get too full and to chew very thoroughly.

Sleeved on 12/11/17

Surgery weight: 240

Current weight: 227

All I can say is WOW!!! And if I were there where you are....I would just have to sit in a corner and look at you.

So, we all wan to eat like that but if you are doing that so quickly after surgery, you are setting yourself up for failure. Talk to your NUT about the best options for you. And really think about your priorities!! This is the time when it is easier to eat right so you should take complete advantage of it. Do everything right at this time because later it will be even more difficult if you don't set your good habits now. Keep a food log and be honest with what you are eating. Show this to your NUT. And if that scares you to show them, then you know you aren't doing it right. No burritos right now!!!! And just a warning about the wine -- there is a really good reason why they tell us to not drink wine/beer/alcohol, especially early on -- it is very common for people who have had WLS to transfer food addiction to alcohol. It may start out as a small glass of wine but that becomes bigger until it is a problem. I don't remember the statistics but the % of WLS patients becoming alcoholics is really high so please put the wine down for now!! Later on when you are in maintenance phase you can slowly bring it back. Besides, it is full of calories and sugar that you don't want to have right now. Best of luck to you -- keep us posted on how you are doing. We are all pulling for you.

You made a mistake. Forgive yourself. It’s was a hard time of the year to stay on track. New year, new goals. Make small ones. Say- if I can get to 12 pm following the rules I can get to 3 pm. Then to 6 pm. Then to 9. Etc. get through one day. Then two. You can do it. Get back on track. It’s very early in your surgery recovery and you need to get on track for your new tummie’s health. Ps. Soon you’ll be able to eat a burrito again. That what I would say to myself. I eat anything I want if I REALLY want it. Otherwise I follow the rules the best I can. Good luck. You can do it!

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

You made a mistake. Forgive yourself. It’s was a hard time of the year to stay on track. New year, new goals. Make small ones. Say- if I can get to 12 pm following the rules I can get to 3 pm. Then to 6 pm. Then to 9. Etc. get through one day. Then two. You can do it. Get back on track. It’s very early in your surgery recovery and you need to get on track for your new tummie’s health. Ps. Soon you’ll be able to eat a burrito again. That what I would say to myself. I eat anything I want if I REALLY want it. Otherwise I follow the rules the best I can. Good luck. You can do it!

HW. 289
SW. 284
Height. 5’8

You're so right. I am not giving myself enough credit for all the good things i have done for my body. And ya it was just xmas and the end if the year that got me to sin a little. Overall, I haven't really been that bad, just the burrito and some alcohol was sending me on a guilt trip. But i'm back from my trip now and the new year is going to be awesome!

2016: worm [emoji218]

2017: cocoon [emoji946]

2018: butterfly 🦋

Thanks for your kind words and tips.

You did it, you can't go back and change that but you can change the future moving forward. Eating like that is not going to be conducive to your long-term success and could be very damaging to your still healing stomach. There is a reason that our doctors give us a plan to follow early out. We have all been there, but it's up to you to make the best choices you can now while the surgery is fresh and you can really cash in on the benefits. There will be time for burritos in the future.

So then stop. Purge your pantry of all that stuff. If it's not around you it will be easier to not give in to that temptation. Meal prep instead, and if its rich in Protein and Fiber it will keep you full.

Trust me you just had it done, you don't want to be that person that goes through the process and never sees their goal weight.

For me personally this surgery was a huge decision in not only my life but my family’s life. I’m not going to ruin it by being selfish and eating bad that’s how I got to where I was in the first place. I’m 3 weeks post op as well and would be terrified to eat some of those things. Think about yourself and not food. Looks like you are making great progress with your weight loss and that is going to make you feel good in the end not the food.