Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October 2017 sleevers...how are you doing?

Hey, fellow October sleevers! How are you all doing? I hit Onederland a couple weeks ago and my weight loss is starting to slow down, but I feel great.

5 hours ago, KDBaker said:

How are you all doing?

Under 145kg (i.e. under 350 pounds) now.

Resumed exercise almost six weeks ago.

Great support from the clinic's dietitian and exercise physiologist.

Struggling (after some days of strenuous exercise) to keep calorie consumption at 1000 or lower but the trends are generally good.

So far my journey has been mostly a good one. I was sleeved 10/11 and as of today I am down 94lbs overall and 60lbs since surgery day. I feel so much better now than I did back in July when I made the decision to have this surgery and go see my doctor. Now if I could just get myself to see the difference in the mirror. It is amazing the way our brains work when it comes to how we see ourselves.

4 hours ago, walleyecrazy said:

It is amazing the way our brains work when it comes to how we see ourselves.

It never ceases to amaze me that, to this day, I don't 'read' the mirror image or the photographs as registering any noticeable loss.

I can wear the smaller slacks and skinnier shirts, observe my belt four or five notches tighter and read the scales under me ... but no connection otherwise.

I was sleeved on Oct. 31, 2017, and I'm down 30 plus pounds almost 40 I think. Feel so much better.

I was sleeved on October 11, 2017. I feel good about my decision. I am down 75 pounds since surgery. Down 100 pounds from my heaviest weight. Weight loss isn’t as easy now. I really have to work hard on the head game portion. Eating is too easy and nothing bothers my stomach so I really need to pay attention to avoid old habits. I still feel some restriction but I push the limits a lot. I also recently started taking some medication that causes weight gain but so far I have been able to keep my weight in check. So bottom line is, I have done well but it’s getting harder but I refuse to give up. This was a lifestyle change that I must stick too. How is everyone else doing?

I had surgery October 21, I’ve lost right at 52 lbs. I started at 207. It is a struggle. I’m eating more. Takes me more to feel full. I’m not sure if it’s in my head or not. I need to get back on track NOW!!! Today has been a bad day - tomorrow I am focusing on a day of liquid / pre-op - for tomorrow and Friday. If I didn’t lose another pound I’m happy - but I would like to lose another 10 lbs. I need encouragement!!

On 06/27/2018 at 21:06, clg61753 said:

I had surgery October 21, I’ve lost right at 52 lbs. I started at 207. It is a struggle. I’m eating more. Takes me more to feel full. I’m not sure if it’s in my head or not. I need to get back on track NOW!!! Today has been a bad day - tomorrow I am focusing on a day of liquid / pre-op - for tomorrow and Friday. If I didn’t lose another pound I’m happy - but I would like to lose another 10 lbs. I need encouragement!!

Let today go. I had a bad day too. Tomorrow doesn’t have to be the same. Doing a pre-op diet for a couple days is a good idea. You got this.

13 hours ago, kjnelson said:

How is everyone else doing?

I was done on Oct 12 last year.

Currently 51.2 kilograms (about 113 pounds) lighter than July 17th last year when I met the surgeon and started pre-op progress. My BMI dropped under 40 last week (after starting above 50 last year).

In the nine and a half months since the surgery itself , I am down just over 35 kg (or 77 pounds).

I swim 100 to 160 minutes per day (thanks to being retired from my main job). That adds to the weight control and steady diet.