Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Approved!!! *happy dance*

I called today to check on the preauth and she told me I was approved!!! Woohoo!

I had a "oh crap" moment because she said I was approved for surgery TOMORROW... um...? But it was just a dummy date they put on the request. So I called the bariatric office to confirm and they said the coordinator wasn't in the office but she'd call me tomorrow or Friday to set up the date and pre-op labs!

I'm kinda sick with anxiety, I'm thrilled but my stomach is just roiling and twisting with knots. I probably have around six weeks before my surgery now and it seems like it's next week. It's been 14 months since I decided to pursue WLS and almost 10 months since my consult! Long time coming, but it'll be worth the wait!

Congratulations! The next few weeks will fly by and you will be post-op before you know it :)

WooHoo!!! It will be here and gone before you know it!!

Congrats! Wishing you a safe effective outcome:)

Thank you, all! I really appreciate all the support and discussion we have here at BP. Love hearing others' experiences and talking things through. Let's do this!

YAYY!! Congratulations this is HUGE! Anxiety is totally normal but think of how bad you would feel if you were NOT approved. This is a blessing and you are going to love your new life! I am 5 days post op and so happy with my weight loss (15 lbs since starting weight) and I feel no hunger. Thats coming from a huge binge eater!!! Be prepared for lots of needles and injections while in the hospital, remember everything is to make you healthy. I'm a HUGEEE needle phone and if I can get through that you can get through this! Just keep thinking of how healthy and happy you'll be in a few short months. :) Good luck, lovely lady!

YAYY!! Congratulations this is HUGE! Anxiety is totally normal but think of how bad you would feel if you were NOT approved. This is a blessing and you are going to love your new life! I am 5 days post op and so happy with my weight loss (15 lbs since starting weight) and I feel no hunger. Thats coming from a huge binge eater!!! Be prepared for lots of needles and injections while in the hospital, remember everything is to make you healthy. I'm a HUGEEE needle phone and if I can get through that you can get through this! Just keep thinking of how healthy and happy you'll be in a few short months. [emoji4] Good luck, lovely lady!

Congratulations! How long did you have to stay in hospital? Would you be able to work at a desk job if you had to?

5 hours ago, Gotalose said:

Congratulations! How long did you have to stay in hospital? Would you be able to work at a desk job if you had to?

I was in the hospital for 2.5 days. Was so ready for discharge, what a relief to be home! Definite pain the first week but nothing that bad after maybe 3-4 days. I still have an incision in my belly button that hurts a bit when I get up, but nothing unbearable. I believe I could definitely work a desk job right now and probably for the last 2 days. I'm 8 days out.

2 minutes ago, Cam Paige said:

I was in the hospital for 2.5 days. Was so ready for discharge, what a relief to be home! Definite pain the first week but nothing that bad after maybe 3-4 days. I still have an incision in my belly button that hurts a bit when I get up, but nothing unbearable. I believe I could definitely work a desk job right now and probably for the last 2 days. I'm 8 days out.

Thanks! Glad to hear you are doing okay. Any advice or recommendations for what you’ve already gone through? I’m actually sitting in office right now waiting to get my date after this h p appointment. I’m so nervous We’re you able to get a prescription for Vitamins and supplements?

2 minutes ago, Gotalose said:

Thanks! Glad to hear you are doing okay. Any advice or recommendations for what you’ve already gone through? I’m actually sitting in office right now waiting to get my date after this h p appointment. I’m so nervous We’re you able to get a prescription for Vitamins and supplements?

My advice would be to listen to your surgeons but not to be afraid to hear others experiences who have gone through this. Some doctors recommend things, others recommend others. If there's something your surgeon won't budge on, talk to your primary care and keep asking. This surgery is only going to work if you aren't miserable. The head hunger has been strong for me some days, so I'd recommend waiting to go on pinterest for recipes if thats something you do. But mainly, go with the flow. Your surgeon knows what they're doing and you will be in good hands with your nurses. don't be afraid to let them know if you're in pain, nauseous, whatever!! Keep your fluids up! I went to a diner and got some chicken broth from their Soup and strained it at home. It was a nice treat one week post op and helped with my fluids. Don't be afraid to take your pain meds, and liquid tylenol is heaven!!! I'd ask them at the hospital for liquid tylenol if your pain isn't excruciating, through the IV it helped my pain tremendously. Make this journey your own and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself! You got this!! Good luck! :)

27 minutes ago, Cam Paige said:

My advice would be to listen to your surgeons but not to be afraid to hear others experiences who have gone through this. Some doctors recommend things, others recommend others. If there's something your surgeon won't budge on, talk to your primary care and keep asking. This surgery is only going to work if you aren't miserable. The head hunger has been strong for me some days, so I'd recommend waiting to go on pinterest for recipes if thats something you do. But mainly, go with the flow. Your surgeon knows what they're doing and you will be in good hands with your nurses. don't be afraid to let them know if you're in pain, nauseous, whatever!! Keep your fluids up! I went to a diner and got some chicken broth from their Soup and strained it at home. It was a nice treat one week post op and helped with my fluids. Don't be afraid to take your pain meds, and liquid tylenol is heaven!!! I'd ask them at the hospital for liquid tylenol if your pain isn't excruciating, through the IV it helped my pain tremendously. Make this journey your own and don't be afraid to stand up for yourself! You got this!! Good luck! :)

Thank you! Great advise. Just got my surgery date 1/18 so I’m super excited. Just need ins approval now. Hoping this winter storm doesn’t slow approval down.

Congrats Annie! Keep us posted on the date...

4 hours ago, Gotalose said:

Thank you! Great advise. Just got my surgery date 1/18 so I’m super excited. Just need ins approval now. Hoping this winter storm doesn’t slow approval down.

Yay Congrats!!