Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What couldn't you be without now?

Hey guys, I'm having the sleeve done on the 17th of next month and I haven't bought anything for post surgery yet! I'm seeing posts all over my Instagram feed of cool cooking gadgets and even this machine that turns all your vitimans into a shot but I just wondered what you would class as the basics/must haves. I already have a blender, food scales and a step tracker. Anything else you could add that you couldn't be without now? 🙂

Thanks xx

Surgery due January 17th 2018

CW 238

GW 133

I prepared and brought so much food for post surgery and it was a waste of time. I was on liquids for 2 weeks. After 48 hours I felt fine and could defiantly prepare a meal or go to the shops.

The only thing I would suggest would be lip balm for the hospital, I always get cracked lips in hospital...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I prepared and brought so much food for post surgery and it was a waste of time. I was on liquids for 2 weeks. After 48 hours I felt fine and could defiantly prepare a meal or go to the shops.
The only thing I would suggest would be lip balm for the hospital, I always get cracked lips in hospital...

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Yeah I thought on the same lines as you and was hoping it was true! Like some things just seem really gimmicky and not worth it. I shall definitely take the lip balm then haha.

CW 238
GW 133

Instagram: jeez_sleevedlouise

Hey guys, I'm having the sleeve done on the 17th of next month and I haven't bought anything for post surgery yet! I'm seeing posts all over my Instagram feed of cool cooking gadgets and even this machine that turns all your vitimans into a shot but I just wondered what you would class as the basics/must haves. I already have a blender, food scales and a step tracker. Anything else you could add that you couldn't be without now? [emoji846]
Thanks xx
CW 238
GW 133

I’m on the 17th of Jan too!! :). It sounds like you’re pretty prepared for post-op. I’m cooking up Soups to purée and freeze so I won’t need to worry about that stuff when I get home. Aside from that, I figure I’ll buy what I need as I learn about my new stomach and health needs.

I’m on the 17th of Jan too!! [emoji4]. It sounds like you’re pretty prepared for post-op. I’m cooking up Soups to purée and freeze so I won’t need to worry about that stuff when I get home. Aside from that, I figure I’ll buy what I need as I learn about my new stomach and health needs.

Ooooh surgery twin! 20 days and counting! [emoji28] yeah that's a good idea I'll stick to what I have and go with the flow lol

CW 238
GW 133

Ooooh surgery twin! 20 days and counting! [emoji28] yeah that's a good idea I'll stick to what I have and go with the flow lol

CW 238
GW 133

Yes! Surgery twinsies :) haha! Ahhh 20 days! The time is flying! How are you feeling about it all?

Yeah just roll with it and see if you need anything beyond what you’ve already got once the time comes around. As long as you’ve got all your Vitamins and dietary needs sorted (protein drinks, fibre supplements etc) then you’ll be A-OK!

If your surgeon requires Protein Shakes, try out some now and see how you like them. I personally hate (DESPISE) Protein shakes of all kinds and I wish I had just tried some of them beforehand when I wasn't already feeling crappy. Thank goodness he only required two weeks of them, but man they were a ghastly two weeks...

I also really enjoyed having some of those organic baby food pouches. Peach pear never tasted so good!

Yes! Surgery twinsies [emoji4] haha! Ahhh 20 days! The time is flying! How are you feeling about it all?

Yeah just roll with it and see if you need anything beyond what you’ve already got once the time comes around. As long as you’ve got all your Vitamins and dietary needs sorted (protein drinks, fibre supplements etc) then you’ll be A-OK!

I'm feeling 70% nervous 30% excited hahaha I'm not gunna lie part of me is wondering if I'm going to go through with it but for now I'm forcing positive thinking, talking to lots of people in the same boat as us, and pushing on as best as I can! How are you feeling? Yes I need to get my Multivitamins still! I am just as the hospital waiting room now, sure it's my last appointment before surgery so they'll be giving me a list of bits and bobs hopefully!

CW 238
GW 133

Protein2o saved me. It's a flavored water thing available at most grocery stores (usually near where Propel and Powerade and stuff are stocked). The flavors vary, but they all have 15 grams of Protein and 0-4 grams of carbs. These drinks have been extremely useful for me in keeping a high protein intake without having to go nuts. I like the coconut and mixed berry, but all of them are at least decent.

http://www.drinkprotein2o.com/

I love Protein2o as well. My biggest suggestion (and I'm about a week post-surgery) is to do your research for the first few weeks--shakes, Vitamins, etc. I tried different samples of shakes and Protein options. I was on Pinterest forever reading all sorts of different ideas. Of course you'll have a ton of ideas, but you'll just have to go through all the information and suggestions from everyone and take the ones that you feel are best for you.

After my research, I bought the shakes and drinks that I liked. Bought other things that I would be able to eat. So I had everything stocked and ready to go.

I will add that I tried the Tespo machine that gives you the liquid shots of vitamins. I didn't care for it at all. I initially didn't think about the fact that you're only getting an allowance of 4 oz of liquid at a time, but you have multiple vitamins with the machine, which ended up being 6 oz or more. Just didn't seem worth it to me to take up my liquids with that.

Protein2o saved me. It's a flavored water thing available at most grocery stores (usually near where Propel and Powerade and stuff are stocked). The flavors vary, but they all have 15 grams of Protein and 0-4 grams of carbs. These drinks have been extremely useful for me in keeping a high protein intake without having to go nuts. I like the coconut and mixed berry, but all of them are at least decent.
http://www.drinkprotein2o.com/

Thank you very much! Flavored Water sounds much better!

CW 238
GW 133

I love Protein2o as well. My biggest suggestion (and I'm about a week post-surgery) is to do your research for the first few weeks--shakes, Vitamins, etc. I tried different samples of shakes and Protein options. I was on Pinterest forever reading all sorts of different ideas. Of course you'll have a ton of ideas, but you'll just have to go through all the information and suggestions from everyone and take the ones that you feel are best for you.
After my research, I bought the shakes and drinks that I liked. Bought other things that I would be able to eat. So I had everything stocked and ready to go.
I will add that I tried the Tespo machine that gives you the liquid shots of vitamins. I didn't care for it at all. I initially didn't think about the fact that you're only getting an allowance of 4 oz of liquid at a time, but you have multiple vitamins with the machine, which ended up being 6 oz or more. Just didn't seem worth it to me to take up my liquids with that.

Yeah I honestly thought it looked like a waste of money (just the opinion of someone who isn't used to having that much money to spend lol). I never thought about going on pinterest, I'll have a look! Thanks for the great advice xxx

CW 238
GW 133

• Propel. I felt really dizzy in the morning and that helped replenish me enough that I would feel better within an hour or two.
  • Blender bottles to shake up Protein powders.
  • Oikos zero yogurt was a huge life saver. I basically only ate that and shakes for a couple weeks.
  • Memory foam pillow. When my stomach hurt it felt so nice to hug the pillow. It had enough density and was also soft on my sore tummy.

I agree that those gimmicky Vitamin machines are just unnecessary. My NUT recommended Flinstones Vitamins and I've been taking them ever since now 8 months later. All blood work has come back normal so they seem to be just fine. They have more Iron than adult chewable and WAY cheaper. Ask your doctor/NUT if they recommend them for you.

For after surgery, it is nice to have the good quality smoothie travel cups with the canisters attached underneath for the Protein Powder. Have a few of those ready to go. Also get Water travel cups with tight lids to go everywhere you go, at home, On the go, with measurements on the sides to let you know how much Fluid you are getting in. Those are what I couldn’t have done without. For when you are back commuting make sure you have premeasured amounts of Protein powder every where you spend time (home, office, car). Along with bottled water in quantity for car and work. That way, in a pinch, when you feel shaky and low on protein, you can just mix protein powder into plain water and it will make you feel better ASAP, even if no flavor.

I forgot to say, make sure the blender cups have the metal shaker balls. And buy extra shaker balls. I lost one and was so glad I had a spare.