Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring 2018 Sleevers??? Looking for support, surgery buddies, advice, etc.! Lol.

I'm hoping to get the sleeve on April . I have 2 more dietician visits and a visit with a physical therapist per insurance ☹️

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi.! And welcome.! Why the long face?lol.

Looking as possibly April or May. If I go through with this. I’m having some serious cold feet this week.

Don’t get cold feet...this will likely be one of the greatest decisions that you have ever made, and everyone is here to support you!

Hi there, I am new as well, just joined today. Seeing my surgeon today to discuss a date for surgery. Looks like we should be getting it around the same timeframe this spring. I am going to try to do the three month fast track program. I'm so scared. I have really bad anxiety so they are going to have to knock me out before going into surgery. I'm praying you do great and this surgery brings you everything you hope for!

Welcome to the Spring 2018 Sleevers club..Don’t be scared, embrace the journey...though I’m having to do a 6 month plan this experience has been extremely invigorating. I’ve learned so many things about myself, and I’ve dropped so many habits that I never thought in a million years that I’d be able to let go of. I’m learning a lot about myself and it feels amazing. I’m praying the same for you! Stay in touch!

I'm a newbie also. My bypass surgery is scheduled for May 2018. I look forward to walking this journey with all of you.

Hello.! And welcome.! I’m so glad there are people here in my same time frame, I almost thought there weren’t any.lol. How is your process going so far??

Hi there, I am new as well, just joined today. Seeing my surgeon today to discuss a date for surgery. Looks like we should be getting it around the same timeframe this spring. I am going to try to do the three month fast track program. I'm so scared. I have really bad anxiety so they are going to have to knock me out before going into surgery. I'm praying you do great and this surgery brings you everything you hope for!

I wish you lots of luck

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Jaz, I’m also a newbie (first post actually) and just like you, I started my journey in November and also need the 6 months supervised weight log for my approval. I’m actually on this journey with my best friend, we have all our appointments together and if everything goes as planned, we will be having our surgery the same day some time in April! We just had our Nutritionist and Phycologist appointments this past week and they went great! Good luck and we can definitely buddy up.

Hi, Has. Like you, I started my 6 month waiting period in November. My insurance requires monthly visits with a nutritionist for 6 months along with an eval with a psychologist, a 5-hour extended nutrition class, and paperwork, 2 years of medical records, etc to submit for approval. I'm hoping to submit in April. My surgeon's office says it usually takes 2 wks to hear back. Hopefully I'll get approved. With my work schedule, the earliest I can get it done is early June. I'm eager and anxious at the same time. Would love to follow your journey and others on a similar timeline. All the best!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, Jaz. Like you, I started my 6 month waiting period in November. My insurance requires monthly visits with a nutritionist for 6 months along with an eval with a psychologist, a 5-hour extended nutrition class, and paperwork, 2 years of medical records, etc to submit for approval. I'm hoping to submit in April. My surgeon's office says it usually takes 2 wks to hear back. Hopefully I'll get approved. With my work schedule, the earliest I can get it done is early June. I'm eager and anxious at the same time. Would love to follow your journey and others on a similar timeline. All the best!

Surgery on the 31st. This pre-op diet sucks.. but, I will overcome.. these next six days are going to be a struggle

5 minutes ago, Nat2.0 said:

Hi, Has. Like you, I started my 6 month waiting period in November. My insurance requires monthly visits with a nutritionist for 6 months along with an eval with a psychologist, a 5-hour extended nutrition class, and paperwork, 2 years of medical records, etc to submit for approval. I'm hoping to submit in April. My surgeon's office says it usually takes 2 wks to hear back. Hopefully I'll get approved. With my work schedule, the earliest I can get it done is early June. I'm eager and anxious at the same time. Would love to follow your journey and others on a similar timeline. All the best!

I was so relieved when I found out my insurance did not have that 1 or 2 years of medical records requirement. I have lived in 4 states in the last 2 years and that would have been a disaster!

Hi Jaz, I’m also a newbie (first post actually) and just like you, I started my journey in November and also need the 6 months supervised weight log for my approval. I’m actually on this journey with my best friend, we have all our appointments together and if everything goes as planned, we will be having our surgery the same day some time in April! We just had our Nutritionist and Phycologist appointments this past week and they went great! Good luck and we can definitely buddy up.

Hi.! And welcome! It has to be amazing to be going through this journey with one of the closest people too you. This is a great app, people here are so supportive, and it’s just great to know that we aren’t alone in this. We will definitely be going in around the same time! I’m really hoping for late April because my appointments fall on the 2nd of each month, but only time will tell. I have my psych appointment and my 4th of the 6 required appts. with my PCP next week...then I’ll be done until it’s time to get cardiac clearance in April..hopefully I’ll be able to have my things submitted for approval no later than April 6th...definitely want to be buddies

Hi! I’m Nicole. I have my consult tomorrow and would love a buddy to ask questions to and help rid me of some anxiety. The whole “forever” part of this surgery is really freaking me out and I’ve read all kinds of wierd reviews. I hope the benefits outweigh the struggles

1 hour ago, WLS4ME33 said:

Hi.! And welcome! It has to be amazing to be going through this journey with one of the closest people too you. This is a great app, people here are so supportive, and it’s just great to know that we aren’t alone in this. We will definitely be going in around the same time! I’m really hoping for late April because my appointments fall on the 2nd of each month, but only time will tell. I have my psych appointment and my 4th of the 6 required appts. with my PCP next week...then I’ll be done until it’s time to get cardiac clearance in April..hopefully I’ll be able to have my things submitted for approval no later than April 6th...definitely want to be buddies

Feb 12 will be my 4th appointment! Hoping for an April approval as well

Hi Nicole WLS4ME33 and I are hanging around this thread a lot. She will be a sleeved this spring, I will be a RnY in March, we have both done,our research and are only too happy to help. Ask away, if she or I don't have an answer there will be a veteran that will. Do you have a surgery date yet? I'm still waiting for an exact date from my surgeon's office, as soon as i,know I'll shout it from the rooftops.This is a promise. I'm old enough to be everybody's grandma but like everybody else I'm in it to win it.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app