Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring 2018 Sleevers??? Looking for support, surgery buddies, advice, etc.! Lol.

We’ll be having surgery around the same time for sure, my last month of the diet is April, my last appointment will be on the 2nd, so I’m looking at late April early May for a surgery date.

Hey! Im also at my half way mark. My last appointment is March 7th for my 6 appointments required by my insurance. So glad to see some individuals who are in the journey almost at the same time as myself.

Hi All! I am in the same timeframe. My third appointment with the doctor is today. I am expecting to have surgery in mid to late April. My other required appointments do not begin until next month. For now, it is just me trying not to gain lbs. and doing as much research as possible (Youtube, this site, reading anything I can find!). I look forward to the next several months and years of this journey with you all.

I’m undecided on which surgery. What went into your decision for a sleeve?

Hi! I've started my 6 month consecutive appointments in October. I have to do 6 total, but 2 can count for my nutritionist. I just had my 4th appointment today, and it wasn't that great. I'm up 5 pounds and was told to lose at least 10 pounds by March or my insurance will deny my surgery. I have my upper endoscope next Thursday and my nutritionist appointment is in February. Psych eval is done. My highest weigh was 307. I lost 77, but gained most of it back when I stopped going to the gym 2-3 times a DAY and started eating whatever, whenever. I'm pretty discouraged and figured a forum support group might just help. If all goes well and I lose my required weight, I'm looking for a late March to early April surgery.

I just received approval today for the surgery and will be having pre op testing done next week! 🤗🙈😅

I’m a little bit further down the road than you but it goes so quickly! I remember thinking... “Ugh, I just want to get this done and be the new me!” And it feels like that was just yesterday.

I just received approval today for the surgery and will be having pre op testing done next week! 🤗[emoji85][emoji28]
I’m a little bit further down the road than you but it goes so quickly! I remember thinking... “Ugh, I just want to get this done and be the new me!” And it feels like that was just yesterday.

Awesome!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi. I’m new to this as well. I’ve had some appt already: dietician, nurse, GI scan, PT assessment and mental health. My insurance also requires phone calls with their coaches so that’s going to take some time. I will be passed all of this by end of Feb, but will schedule it for May due to work.

I started thinking sleeve, but now I’m also considering bypass. This will be a revision from the lapband - so not my first rodeo, but will be my last and permanent choice. Nervous and excited.

Awesome! Congratulations and welcome. I was dead set on having the bypass initially, but after talking to my surgeon and doing more research I decided to go with the sleeve instead.

16 hours ago, Katbad said:

The sleeve is actually the most common bariatric surgery in the U.S. now and has few complications. I've read studies that state the sleeve can be as effective as bypass so that's why I'm doing it. Plus it seems like I hear about complications with the lap band all the time. For me, it was an easy decision.

18 hours ago, Katbad said:

I just started reading the book The Sleeved Life by Pennie Nicola this week. It is from 2012, so the sleeve was just starting to gain popularity. She goes over the different surgeries and gives specific reasons why she chose the sleeve over the others, which I find helpful. I was going either lapband or sleeve. My surgeon does not perform lap band and actually is transitioning many of his patients from lap band to sleeve. Between that, the information received at the first session, and my other research, I felt sleeve was the best option for me.

P.S. If you have a kindle, the book is free with the Kindle Lending Library :-). There are some Bariatric recipe books with good reviews that are also free with the lending library on there!!

Edited by SueperGal

Hey! Im also at my half way mark. My last appointment is March 7th for my 6 appointments required by my insurance. So glad to see some individuals who are in the journey almost at the same time as myself.

Yes I know right!! Everyone else I saw on here was either already on the liquid diet or post op, it’s good to read so you kinda know what to expect, but I wanted to talk to people that could relate to the phase that I am going through now.

Hi All! I am in the same timeframe. My third appointment with the doctor is today. I am expecting to have surgery in mid to late April. My other required appointments do not begin until next month. For now, it is just me trying not to gain lbs. and doing as much research as possible (Youtube, this site, reading anything I can find!). I look forward to the next several months and years of this journey with you all.

Hi.! Welcome! Yes we are definitely in the same boat then, I just had my 3rd appointment of the required 6 on January 2nd. What other requirements do you have? I still have a few things left, then the last part of the wait will just be finishing up the other 3 required appointments, and my cardiac clearance(it’s only good for a month, so they have you wait until the last month to do it). It will actually be the day before my last of the 6 appointments.

In the beginning I was all about the gastric bypass. The first person that told me about WLS had the bypass 2 yrs ago, and she told me the truth about it,you get the most weight loss with bypass...So I started to do my research on it, and I found out she was right...I didn’t know anything about the other 2 surgeries, didn’t even bother to look because I was dead set on bypass lol. But I had my first meeting with my surgeon and his team on December 8th(I love them, they are so thorough, each person spent at least 10 to 15mins a piece talking to me and getting to know me,I definitely didn’t feel like just another face)but after telling my surgeon my history and what not, and him taking all of that along with my age(25)into consideration he said that I could ABSOLUTELY have the bypass if I wanted it, but that he recommends the sleeve because I am so young and the bypass has so many possible complications that I would have a lot more years to live with,while the sleeve has honestly just about none, well aside from the usual risks associated with surgery...so he gave me until my next appointment to think about it and do my research...and honestly if I had read anything about the sleeve or looked at other people’s journeys and success stories like I did with the bypass I would have chosen the sleeve over bypass myself...it’s ultimately up to you. But they recommend bypass over sleeve if you have GERD because the sleeve can make GERD worse. Good luck on your decision! Do what’s most comfortable for you.

Hi! I've started my 6 month consecutive appointments in October. I have to do 6 total, but 2 can count for my nutritionist. I just had my 4th appointment today, and it wasn't that great. I'm up 5 pounds and was told to lose at least 10 pounds by March or my insurance will deny my surgery. I have my upper endoscope next Thursday and my nutritionist appointment is in February. Psych eval is done. My highest weigh was 307. I lost 77, but gained most of it back when I stopped going to the gym 2-3 times a DAY and started eating whatever, whenever. I'm pretty discouraged and figured a forum support group might just help. If all goes well and I lose my required weight, I'm looking for a late March to early April surgery.

Hi.! Welcome.! At some point or another I think everyone falls off the wagon, the most important thing is to get back on. Don’t be discouraged, encourage yourself. You lost 77 pounds before and that is absolutely amazing! Losing 10 pounds won’t be as bad as you think, and you have a good amount of time to do it. Just imagine what else you can do! Don’t beat yourself down, build yourself up. We are all human. Stay encouraged girl, you can do this!

Hi everyone! I am a “newbie” here, and I’m also new to the *Wonderful World of Weight-loss Surgery*. I started my process in November, my insurance requires a consecutive 6 month physician supervised diet,my appointment next week will make month 3 for me(halfway mark yay!!). This is my first time making a post, I mostly get on here to just read research, but I noticed that everyone is either post-op, or already on the liquid diet, so I’m looking for people to connect with that are currently still going through the process before approval like me...a little about myself: My name is Jaz I am 25yrs old.
MY STATS:
Height: 5”6
CW: 243(give or take)
HW: 250
GW: 140
BMI:39

Hi Jaz i have my 3rd appointment of 6 next week so I’m in about the same spot as u! I plan of getting surgery in may or early June! Good luck to you!