Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Spring 2018 Sleevers??? Looking for support, surgery buddies, advice, etc.! Lol.

Hi everyone! I am a “newbie” here, and I’m also new to the *Wonderful World of Weight-loss Surgery*. I started my process in November, my insurance requires a consecutive 6 month physician supervised diet,my appointment next week will make month 3 for me(halfway mark yay!!). This is my first time making a post, I mostly get on here to just read research, but I noticed that everyone is either post-op, or already on the liquid diet, so I’m looking for people to connect with that are currently still going through the process before approval like me...a little about myself: My name is Jaz I am 25yrs old.

MY STATS:

Height: 5”6

CW: 243(give or take)

HW: 250

GW: 140

BMI:39

Hello Jaz - I'll join you on your journey. I'm starting the process now. I have the info session in a week and then I'll be scheduling a consult. My insurance is a little less strict about the dietary requirements. I believe it's 2 meetings with a nutritionist. When I spoke to the intake person, they said we would be going through all of that. My goal is an April or May surgery date.

AJ

Hi, I'm 4 months post op but I wanted to say good luck on your journey!

Hi Jaz,

I'm hoping for surgery in February as my insurance only required one nutrition session and one psych consult. Are you all as nervous as I am? I think it's the thought that this procedure is irreversible. For some reason that's freaking me out! It seems like the majority of people are really happy they had the procedure and I imagine once it's over I'll feel that way too - especially once the weight starts coming off. Would love to have some people to talk to that are going through the same thing. Hope we can stay in touch!

Hi jaz, I will join you as well. I am on my four month mark, so hopefully I will get the surgery in February or March. I am new also, just downloaded this app today. Looking forward to support and friendship in this journey since I will not be telling family about it. Congrats to you also [emoji4]

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi Jaz,
I'm hoping for surgery in February as my insurance only required one nutrition session and one psych consult. Are you all as nervous as I am? I think it's the thought that this procedure is irreversible. For some reason that's freaking me out! It seems like the majority of people are really happy they had the procedure and I imagine once it's over I'll feel that way too - especially once the weight starts coming off. Would love to have some people to talk to that are going through the same thing. Hope we can stay in touch!

Awesome! My first consult is jan9 then 3 months from that date i should be able to have my surgery. Its scary and jan 9 meeting with the doc cant come any sooner

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app

Yay! Awesome! Congratulations on starting your journey as well. Yes my insurance also requires a UGI(done), blood work(done), a psych eval.(scheduled for Jan. 30), a sleep study(scheduled for Jan. 18), a surgery education class(done), meeting with a dietitian(scheduled for Jan.8)and a support group meeting, which I’m going to next week too. It’s a process, but I’m getting through it.lol.

We’ll be having surgery around the same time for sure, my last month of the diet is April, my last appointment will be on the 2nd, so I’m looking at late April early May for a surgery date.

Hi Jaz,
I'm in as I am a newbie as well.
Angie

Hi:) so nice to meet you! This is the place to be.lol. There is so so much helpful information here.

Hi, I'm 4 months post op but I wanted to say good luck on your journey!

Thank you!! I can’t wait to get to that point. Congratulations! I hope you are recovering well.

Hi Jaz,

Congratulations on starting your journey! And YES, I’m pretty nervous. I’ve never had surgery before, never been put to sleep...so my nerves are there.lol. But my excitement far outweighs my nervousness.lol. If I could make the process of getting approved go any faster I would, but I also appreciate the wait because it’s given me time to do my research. Definitely keep in touch, and I will too!!

Hi jaz, I will join you as well. I am on my four month mark, so hopefully I will get the surgery in February or March. I am new also, just downloaded this app today. Looking forward to support and friendship in this journey since I will not be telling family about it. Congrats to you also [emoji4]

Sent from my Moto E (4) using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi.! Congrats! And I honestly wish I hadn’t told the few choice family members that I did tell. A friend of mine that had the surgery waited until the day of surgery to tell her mom, because she brought it up without saying she was having it and everyone’s response was so negative...but I had to tell someone, because I have young children, and though I have a boyfriend he’s not their father. God forbid anything go wrong with the surgery, but I just felt that someone that is actually blood related to my children needed to know, and also my surgeon requires that you have at least 1 person with you the day of to help you through the hospital recovery. I definitely need people who can relate to talk to, people stigmatize WLS without even knowing what it’s really about.

Hi Jaz,

I also had a 6 month requirement for my surgery as well. I had to have 1 psych visit and 1 nutritionist visit as well. I have completed them all but the nutritonist. I have to reschedule that last appointment and then I will be able to submit everything to insurance for approval. They feel like my surgery will be in March.

Hi.! Congrats! And I honestly wish I hadn’t told the few choice family members that I did tell. A friend of mine that had the surgery waited until the day of surgery to tell her mom, because she brought it up without saying she was having it and everyone’s response was so negative...but I had to tell someone, because I have young children, and though I have a boyfriend he’s not their father. God forbid anything go wrong with the surgery, but I just felt that someone that is actually blood related to my children needed to know, and also my surgeon requires that you have at least 1 person with you the day of to help you through the hospital recovery. I definitely need people who can relate to talk to, people stigmatize WLS without even knowing what it’s really about.

Nobody knows what your going through but ourselves or others in similar situations.

Sent from my SM-G935T using BariatricPal mobile app