Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anthem BCBS 6 Months Pre-Op Diet

Congratulations!!! It's such a huge step [emoji4] Hopefully your pulmonologist comes back from vacation soon and gives you clearance!

Thanks! My appointment is January 23rd, but was supposed to be January 9th. I was like...great. ENJOY YOUR VACATION, THIS IS JUST MY LIFE!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have anthem bcbs and I’m in month 3 of mwm. I got my psych clearance on monday! I am curious if the mwm is 6 visits or 6 months (7 visits). Can’t seem to find much detail

I have anthem bcbs and I’m in month 3 of mwm. I got my psych clearance on monday! I am curious if the mwm is 6 visits or 6 months (7 visits). Can’t seem to find much detail

Mine was technically 7. Since they don't count consultation. But it went by quite fast.

8 hours ago, survive.sleeve.slay said:

Mine was technically 7. Since they don't count consultation. But it went by quite fast.

Thanks! My journey started a little differently. My gyno referred me to the bariatric clinic when I saw her in October and I was at my highest weight, 230. I have pcos and went off birth control for two months...instant 15 lbs.

I called my insurance before my consult and found out about the 6 months. I made an appointment with my primary 2 weeks before the consult in November and have been seeing him every month since.

Edited by Jerseygirl4523
Spelling

I have an odd situation as well, I had ovarian cancer, and my gyn onc and I talked about it so I understand! I gained 60 from diagnosis through end of chemo!

@survive sleeve slay, are you doing better now? Been enjoying your postings and don't want to lose you.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes, thanks. I finished chemo in August 2017. I've been good so far! I think this surgery will also help me get better in tune with my body. I had a huge tumor in my pelvis, and didn't know because I carry my weight in my midsection.

@survive sleeve slay, are you doing better now? Been enjoying your postings and don't want to lose you.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

I have a YouTube channel and an Instagram documenting all of it as well!

I started my journey last February under a different insurance it no longer covered me ... So I'm now on my husbands anthem BCBS they told me as long as I have 6 months altogether and because I did my doctors requirements last year I will be okay ... My last appointment was may of last year that was my 3 out of 6 I went back to same surgeon this week I gain 12lb scince may but they said if I could get lose some before next appointment I will be okay ... Planning an April sleeve

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

You can do it! Download myfitnesspal you'll have that of in no time.

Mine said my 6 had to be consecutive though. Like I didn't have a total of thirty something years under my belt. [emoji52]

Mine said my 6 had to be consecutive though. Like I didn't have a total of thirty something years under my belt. [emoji52]

That's what I thought but when I called they said to just submit everything and when the insurance lady for the surgeon called they told her 6 in total

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

I think it may vary state to state, mine is NY although I live in Illinois