Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Happily Sleeved

Hey Everyone

My name is Joanna

I normally type way too much and give documentary type introductions, (trust me) so I will keep this short. sweet and say

A lot in my life has changed

Including my recent sleeve surgery. I didn't get the surgery to be skinny to be able to date again. I did it to be healthy and feel sexy again. And I haven't dated, in....... many years. I am a widow. And I had 10 wonderful years with my late husband. But it's been over three years and my life is changing and Id like to try again, try dating. No, not dating, I don't know how that would even go.. Maybe just go out, ? Is that what it's called? I don't know if 39 year olds date?

Anyways. I think this is bordering on me lying with my "I'm not going to do a lengthy intro and stop

I'm a christian, a mother of a 18 and 16 year old, neither live at home. Oh and my dog. Rocky. He's here to stay.

:)

Edited by Toomanytacos
hit enter too soon

On 12/23/2017 at 10:34 PM, Toomanytacos said:

Hey Everyone

My name is Joanna

I normally type way too much and give documentary type introductions, (trust me) so I will keep this short. sweet and say

A lot in my life has changed

Including my recent sleeve surgery. I didn't get the surgery to be skinny to be able to date again. I did it to be healthy and feel sexy again. And I haven't dated, in....... many years. I am a widow. And I had 10 wonderful years with my late husband. But it's been over three years and my life is changing and Id like to try again, try dating. No, not dating, I don't know how that would even go.. Maybe just go out, ? Is that what it's called? I don't know if 39 year olds date?

Anyways. I think this is bordering on me lying with my "I'm not going to do a lengthy intro and stop

I'm a christian, a mother of a 18 and 16 year old, neither live at home. Oh and my dog. Rocky. He's here to stay.

:)

Yeah 39 year olds date. Hell, I am 40 and I'd like to be dating. LOL! But on a more serious note, I want to date once I've completed rebuilding myself from a morbidly obese, diabetic to a healthy adult.

Edited by Mattymatt

I completely understand why you say that

It's kinda like you're undergoing therapy (therapy for yoru body) To date too soon, it would be a relationship or disaster waiting to happen. Almost like a rebound thing, if that makes sense. I completely get it.

I see all these cute hot guys at my gym and even though I'm fat, my personality seems to make guys like me and laugh at me. And it buffs up my ego and esteem. I like to make people laugh in general, and i love to laugh too, so being around people like that make me happy. Sorry, I'm severly ADHD, What is the point of where I am going? Dating too soon, I get it

Besides, what you're attracted to now, will change later

You may be pickier ( bc you will be able to)

Just stay as nice as you seem to be now, okay. I will too

Great thing for our future boyfriend/girlfriends?

We'll be a really cheap date (on food)

And... two gastric people date, they could share an appetizer for dinner and bring it home in a doggy bag for days Bahaha

Do you do Facebook? Would you like to be my friend?

If not, we can chit chat here. It's fun to talk with someone who has a mind and can contribute to conversation with ease lol

Hugs

P.s.

I never want to "date" again. That word scares me. I dno't know how to date

Hanging out, eating dinner together, grocery shopping together, working out at the gym together, and competing on who lost more in that week. What we think of so and so on Facebook, sharing opinions of stuff going on in the news, the world. I don't miss dating. I miss companionship

I miss conversations with depth

Dating sucks, relationships are fine. I can understand wanting the companionship but before you take on the complexities of a relationship, get yourself to your goal first. In my opinion, a relationship too early, especially one that goes south, could derail your progress. Focus singularly on your needs for the time being. I think you'll find that once you reach your goal, not only will you be more eligible, you'll be more confident in what you want and do not want. My most recent attempt at weight loss failed because I sought out a relationship, things got complicated, and I got totally off track and put all the weight back on plus 20 pounds and became diabetic. I wished I had worked on one thing at a time. Now, it's going to be goal, then date.

It's going to be challenging enough to simply adjust to the new lifestyle that this surgery mandates. I am expecting to have some difficult days ahead.

Edited by Mattymatt

Yes, I agree

Well, lets keep each other motivated. And updated on progress, do you wanna?

I'm great with friends. Companionship doesnt have to be dating. Friends are great

If you want to add me on Fb, you can. My name is Joanna Burrell, and Im in Texas.

Good luck on y our journey. Yes, you will have tough days ahead. But look how far you've come.

We deserve a standing ovation? How long was your preop diet? That in of itself is worthy of praise

sugar free Jello, broth, etc.. C'mon! Lol

Hugs

This was my day of surgery

DSCN1184.JPG

DSCN1190.JPG

Pretty disgusting huh, but it's where I was at and whereIam. My journey.

I don't look the same with makeup as I do without it.But third picture is a recent with makeup

My goal is not specially a number as it is, I want to feel good again. I don't want to have a pretty face, but have to crop a photo. I want to be around for grandbabies someday.

I want to live

I was fat before, when i was 17 and i lost a ton of weight, a hundred pounds from my junior year to my senior year and into my early 20s. I then went back to my old habits, got pregnant twice and over the years, gained higher than I was at my highest in in my junior year (275lbs) It's had a lot to do with I never dealt with my demons. I am a crime victim and without giving a ton of detail on this social media site, I never dealt with it and in the last 2 years I did. They finally caught my attacker after 23 years (my attack was in 1991, home invasion) Long story short, therapy has saved my life and this surgery is helping me to match up my outside to how I feel inside

DSCN1208.JPG

DSCN1210.JPG

joannas.jpg