Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Protein Shakes Sold In Singles??

Hey Peeps!

Hope everyone is doing well...TGIF and all of that :) So I have 5 days to go til the Big Day. Yikes! Freaking out slightly, but trying to stay distracted.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has advice on stores that sell ready to drink Protein Shakes in single serving bottles/cartons? Obviously we are from all over the place around here, but surely there must be some chain stores that sell them like that at all locations...

I already have one I really like, which is Orgain Organic Protein shakes Iced Mocha - lots of good stuff in them but a little higher in sugar and lower in protein (16g) than what is needed for a real MR shake. I got a 12 pack of Premier Protein Choc Shakes bc they seem to be a favorite on here, but it turns out I don't like them - of course. So I have 11 of those...

I have precious few days left here to sample a few to have on hand for post op, so if you have any ideas, let me know please! For instance, our local health foods store is called Kimberton Whole Foods, and is like a subsidiary of the Whole Foods chain, just much smaller. They have a very small refrig section with a few different types of shakes and that's where I discovered the Orgain Iced Mocha. The selection was extremely limited though, which is why I am curious of other places offering the same w/o driving all over the place with possibly no results.

Thanks in advance for any help and have a great day & holiday weekend!!!

Kroger stores often have some of the Premier shakes as singles. (Kroger owns a bunch of things under other names, but if you have one, you probably know which it is.) Some of the bigger convenience stores/gas stations have them, too, which seems weird, but it's true.

Thanks guys. Guess I will check into some convenience/grocery stores. Definitely trying to buy singles as even the 4 packs are too expensive, IMHO, if you can't tolerate them. I can't imagine drinking bananas & cream, but then again I Do like banana pudding & banana cream pie, so who knows?!

6 hours ago, Taylor5 said:

Hey Peeps!

Hope everyone is doing well...TGIF and all of that :) So I have 5 days to go til the Big Day. Yikes! Freaking out slightly, but trying to stay distracted.

Anyway, I am wondering if anyone has advice on stores that sell ready to drink Protein Shakes in single serving bottles/cartons? Obviously we are from all over the place around here, but surely there must be some chain stores that sell them like that at all locations...

I already have one I really like, which is Orgain Organic Protein shakes Iced Mocha - lots of good stuff in them but a little higher in sugar and lower in Protein (16g) than what is needed for a real MR shake. I got a 12 pack of Premier Protein Choc shakes bc they seem to be a favorite on here, but it turns out I don't like them - of course. So I have 11 of those...

I have precious few days left here to sample a few to have on hand for post op, so if you have any ideas, let me know please! For instance, our local health foods store is called Kimberton Whole Foods, and is like a subsidiary of the Whole Foods chain, just much smaller. They have a very small refrig section with a few different types of shakes and that's where I discovered the Orgain Iced Mocha. The selection was extremely limited though, which is why I am curious of other places offering the same w/o driving all over the place with possibly no results.

I hate the Premier Protein as well. I use lean shakes by GNC. They have 170 calories, 25g of protein & 3 g of sugar. They have single ones in the stores and they have tubs that you can make your own with many flavors. During the holidays they have snickerdoodle (my fave!!!!). For me it has been trial and error to find what I like.

I hate the Premier Protein as well. I use lean shakes by GNC. They have 170 calories, 25g of Protein & 3 g of sugar. They have single ones in the stores and they have tubs that you can make your own with many flavors. During the holidays they have snickerdoodle (my fave!!!!). For me it has been trial and error to find what I like.

I just bought the GNC snickerdoodle so I’m glad to hear you like it!! I was skeptical but figured I’d give it shot

HW & CW: 251
Height: 5’3

Hey Peeps!
Hope everyone is doing well...TGIF and all of that So I have 5 days to go til the Big Day. Yikes! Freaking out slightly, but trying to stay distracted.
I already have one I really like, which is Orgain Organic Protein shakes Iced Mocha - lots of good stuff in them but a little higher in sugar and lower in Protein (16g) than what is needed for a real MR shake. I got a 12 pack of Premier Protein Choc shakes bc they seem to be a favorite on here, but it turns out I don't like them - of course. So I have 11 of those...

Ive also been sampling with protien shakes. I really like nectar from Syntrax. It has fruit flavors like fruit punch..grape..grapefruit and many others. It has milky flavors too...buy the fruit have been my favorite. I love the Grapefruit n ice tea. U can buy the sampler to try all the flavors before getting a tub. Have u considered an unflavored protien that u can add to Soups n stuff?

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I meant to get the nectar flavors but somehow ended up with a different product - boxes of fruit flavored Protein powders to mix with Water sort of like an unsweetened Kool-Aid idea? I got grape & mixed berry. I got them both down, but they were pretty bland. Maybe I could use them to make popsicles or something post-op and try the Syntrax instead.

I got a box of creamy chicken packets to mix with homemade soup/broth to up the protein and satiety factor in that. Thankfully that has been going very well.

I was going to get a bag of Isopure unflavored protein off Amazon (my go to for mostly everything) bc they have a 1 lb bag for a decent price - but some of the reviews say they think it is a fake product. So now I'm afraid to try it. The other choice is like 3-5 lbs, and I just hate spending that much money before I know if I can tolerate something or not. I feel like I'm already spending a fortune, and some of it already wasted on stuff I don't like. Then you have people saying your tastes can change and you might not even like the same stuff post-op, so there's another concern...

14 hours ago, SouthernGirl76 said:

I hate the Premier Protein as well. I use lean shakes by GNC. They have 170 calories, 25g of Protein & 3 g of sugar. They have single ones in the stores and they have tubs that you can make your own with many flavors. During the holidays they have snickerdoodle (my fave!!!!)

Glad I'm not the only one, LOL. Thanks for the tip - GNC makes sense, duh! But it has been a long time since I've been doing all this healthy stuff. I will definitely check there. And snickerdoodle? I love snickerdoodles, so that could work for me too! Thanks a bunch :)

I meant to get the nectar flavors but somehow ended up with a different product - boxes of fruit flavored Protein powders to mix with Water sort of like an unsweetened Kool-Aid idea? I got grape & mixed berry. I got them both down, but they were pretty bland. Maybe I could use them to make popsicles or something post-op and try the Syntrax instead.
I got a box of creamy chicken packets to mix with homemade soup/broth to up the protein and satiety factor in that. Thankfully that has been going very well.
I was going to get a bag of Isopure unflavored protein off Amazon (my go to for mostly everything) bc they have a 1 lb bag for a decent price - but some of the reviews say they think it is a fake product. So now I'm afraid to try it. The other choice is like 3-5 lbs, and I just hate spending that much money before I know if I can tolerate something or not. I feel like I'm already spending a fortune, and some of it already wasted on stuff I don't like. Then you have people saying your tastes can change and you might not even like the same stuff post-op, so there's another concern...

I got my nectar sample pack from amazon. And they werent fake. But my isorpure i got from gnc.it makes me use the bathroom alot. The site ww.bariatricadvantage.com has some good options. And there is a brand called Unjury that makes a chicken Soup flavored protien.

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

38 minutes ago, enigma_007 said:

I got my nectar sample pack from Amazon. And they werent fake. But my isorpure i got from gnc.it makes me use the bathroom alot. The site ww.bariatricadvantage.com has some good options. And there is a brand called unjury that makes a chicken Soup flavored protien.

Thanks for all the great info. Looks like I'm going shopping today!

I found a large selection at Vitamin Shoppe, not sure if they are in your area? They have some great sales, I was able to get Isopure drinks "buy one get one 50% off" and tried several different shakes to see what I like. They have one shake that has 51 grams of Protein but I find it hard to gag down. I am pre-op :)

Check out bariatricpantry.com - they are a locally owned shop in my town, but they ship. They sell most of the big name brands and most of them they have in singles and multi packs. They usually have sales and free shipping offers, too!

~SW: 278 CW: 165~
RNY 1/5/2005
"What got you here won't get you there."