Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Need to pass gas - just home

Walking. Surgery yesterday. Moderate discomfort.

tips, support requested.

GSV

Edited by Sunshine1028
More info

Hello, congratulations on your surgery. What helped me was a heating pad, I placed it on my chest, shoulders and tummy. Took pain meds in liquid form of course, lasted on my left and that helped me. Good luck. It will go away and get better, every day will be better.

Keep walking as much as you can, and get “gas-x” strips... that will help out.. wishing you a speedy recovery pal..

Congrats ! I had surgery 12/19. Today is the first day I felt relief. I walked a lot and tried GasX . I felt the walking helped more. GasX didn’t do much for me.

CW:245
Surgery date :Dec 19, 2017

Good to know I’m not odd. I have to walk up/down stairs to restroom. So quite a bit of walking.

Thanks!

Today for me has been a great day. Woke up better , got more liquid in. Protein didn’t do will I will try a different flavor. Sort of got heart burn with chocolate. Still was really good. TMI - had a BM . A little constipated probably from all the pain meds at the hospital. Is it bad to push when you have to go. I’m concerned. Tried not to but sort of had too. Sorry for the details .

CW:245
Surgery date :Dec 19, 2017

Congratulations! I’m day 3 post op and the best advice I can offer is to get up and walk around. It has helped with the gas and bloating. Also TMI, still waiting on a BM. Started taking Myrolax this morning. Hopefully that will get things moving.

Edited by NewbieLife19

Congrats! Waiting on a BM here too. Yes likely all the opiates if straining is causing pain I would worry

Not taking anything except what already rx as far as meds/diet. Walking and time I think will work.

Waiting here too :). 12/20 op
Using the mirolax but nada. Stopped taking pain meds friday night as they don’t help it lol

My gas was horrendous and I couldn't release it. The combination of walking and mylicon drops began to help after a few hours. Its most painful in the first day or two, I'm now at day 5 and it only occurs if i take too big a sip.

Balance and rest - lots of it :-) I tend to be a go go go person

(walking for sure and some hh activity- making sure I rest up to heal up. )

11 minutes ago, kekc said:

Seeming to learn to balance. This afternoon was better.

Glad u are feeling better!