Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

I just flew on an airplane for the first time since early last year. Holy crap it was great; I mean "great" in terms of how travelling through airports and dealing with other numb-skulls can be.

I flew Southwest and wasn't scared about not having assigned seats or that scared look the already-seated passengers give you when they see a big person who might sit next to them.

I actually ended up sitting in the aisle and didn't touch the person next to me with my fatness like normal.

Also, i didn't have to ask for a seat-belt extender, I had about 8 inches of belt left over, i felt so good about it.

I just flew on an airplane for the first time since early last year. Holy crap it was great; I mean "great" in terms of how travelling through airports and dealing with other numb-skulls can be.
I flew Southwest and wasn't scared about not having assigned seats or that scared look the already-seated passengers give you when they see a big person who might sit next to them.
I actually ended up sitting in the aisle and didn't touch the person next to me with my fatness like normal.
Also, i didn't have to ask for a seat-belt extender, I had about 8 inches of belt left over, i felt so good about it.
Should've posted a pic here ... [emoji4]
https://www.bariatricpal.com/applications/tapatalk/index.php?/topic/426149-Share-your-airplane-extra-seatbelt-room!-

Congrats. I'm flying through my clothing collection of 20 years. I'm down to a 46 from 54. I still have my jeans from 1998. So vintage! [emoji23]

Sent from my F8131 using BariatricPal mobile app

Wearing a single digit pants size for first time in adult life, even when I was a fit teen/20 something, I wasnt a single digit!
seeing definition in my arms and legs from working out
Congratulations! That's exciting!!

It’s been over 2 years since surgery. I’ve been stalled for a bit and didn’t think there would be too many NSVs anymore. Today I wore a bathing suit for the first time since I was in high school 16+ years ago! I forgot how much I enjoyed swimming and I really didn’t care about people seeing me or what they thought about the way I look. :)

My step tracker only has one more hole left on the wrist band.

Bad twist - I am down from a 42DD to a 36B. Went to Walmart to get some new bras and they didn't have any in my size - except the cupless stretch bras. These old saggy "rocks in socks" definitely need a cup to hold 'em up, but I will have to look elsewhere. :( :) My back is definitely better for having the weight off the front side. :)

Bought some size 12-14 pants today!!!!!!!! Amazing!!!!!!!!

And I got me some 17-18 things while I was solvent from Social Security. The old joke is "Welfare is not fair always and you certainly aren't going to be well- off while on it" well my retort is that beong a child of the 50s and early 60s wasn't all tea and crumpets. We had our trials, tribulations but my kinfolk asking well as the rest of you are Ooo//8
r

Don't comprehend what Ooo " means maybe I maybe at a sleepy , when all I really 80tht?/

Two major NSV/ surgery victories today!

I got my swabs to become part of the bone marrow donor registry. I had a friend die from cancer a few years ago who was unable to find a bone marrow match and he asked that friends join the registry so that other cancer patients could find matches. I was over their BMI limit and it really upset me that I couldn’t donate. I finally meet the BMI requirements and was able to send my swabs in today!

Second NSV. I tried to get an IUD two years ago after my son was born but the doctor was unable to locate my cervix for insertion due to my obesity (we’re talking BMI of almost 60). Today I finally had my consult appointment for IUD placement!

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

17 minutes ago, Jolexis said:

Two major NSV/ surgery victories today!

I got my swabs to become part of the bone marrow donor registry. I had a friend die from cancer a few years ago who was unable to find a bone marrow match and he asked that friends join the registry so that other cancer patients could find matches. I was over their BMI limit and it really upset me that I couldn’t donate. I finally meet the BMI requirements and was able to send my swabs in today!

Second NSV. I tried to get an IUD two years ago after my son was born but the doctor was unable to locate my cervix for insertion due to my obesity (we’re talking BMI of almost 60). Today I finally had my consult appointment for IUD placement!

image-0.00202655792236328.jpg

My eldest son was able to donate marrow to a child at our local children's hospital about a year ago. I was so proud of him and hope the child is doing well.

2 hours ago, Jolexis said:

♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️♥️

You are awesome.

Edited by ms.sss

Yesterday, I wore shorts in PUBLIC for the first time in about 5 years (not counting swim shorts) and I was glad to notice that the shorts didn't ride up at all and not once did I need do that funny just-got-of-a-horse walk to un-wedge them from up in my crotch area.

But.......what really blew me away was that I also noticed that my thighs DON'T EVEN TOUCH ANYMORE when I walk. Not even a little bit. I don't even remember when the last time this was the case. Crazy.

I agree about the thigh thing. Wow. Like I can't remember a time when I didn't wear out the inside of my pants because of thigh rubbing.

So a funny thing happened at work yesterday. A co-worker who did not know me when I was heavy was talking about CPAP machines (she is a bit on the heavy side) and I mentioned how much mine helped me. Her response, "My sister is skinny like you and she needs one too." WHAT????? I almost looked around to see if she was talking to someone else! No one has ever called me "skinny" in my whole life!!! WOOO HOOOO!