Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

Strangely (to me!), I now don’t feel right unless I’ve gotten exercise! Went for a 4K run yesterday and felt so much better after! Lifting more in the gym now than pre-op - have gotten past the initial muscle loss. 1 year post-op and NO REGRETS!

4 hours ago, elmatador said:

Strangely (to me!), I now don’t feel right unless I’ve gotten exercise!

Me too!

Yay, us!

I've been too fat for jeans for many years. All my coworkers loved jeans days, I hated them. Well now I can wear jeans! I was in a very uncomfortable 32 pants size, now it's not just jeans that I can wear but I have to get Super Skinny jeans in a loose size 20! Bring on those jean days!!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using BariatricPal mobile app

Airline seatbelt is fastened and this was... extra?!?... I had to fight the urge to announce it to everyone around me on the plane! instead discreetly took a pic to share with you all... 😊

image-0.0100135803222656.jpg

Airline seatbelt is fastened and this was... extra?!?... I had to fight the urge to announce it to everyone around me on the plane! instead discreetly took a pic to share with you all... [emoji4]image-0.0100135803222656.thumb.jpg.faac3c86a75f64f9baa50308071b27b1.jpg
Nice! Congrats!

On 6/13/2019 at 7:21 PM, shazz73 said:

Airline seatbelt is fastened and this was... extra?!?... I had to fight the urge to announce it to everyone around me on the plane! instead discreetly took a pic to share with you all... 😊

image-0.0100135803222656.jpg

Yup! Congrats. I have been flying cattle class lately and saving a ton with not having to buy business class just to fit in the seat!

So last night I was so tired that I fell asleep on the couch around 6pm and woke up 12 and a half hours later. And I didn't get up to pee the entire time! It made me realize that I can hold my pee in waaaaaaaay longer than I used to. I remember having to go almost every 1-2 hours (even at night). Yay bladder control!!!

5 hours ago, ms.sss said:

And I didn't get up to pee the entire time! It made me realise that I can hold my pee in way longer than I used to. I remember having to go almost every 1-2 hours (even at night). Yay bladder control!!!

I know this feeling.

(2014-2017)

I used to stop drinking (any liquid at all) by 7:30pm/7:45pm and have a long pee before departing the main part of the house for the bedroom.

I used to go to bed around 9pm/9:30pm but wake up with bladder pressure (and have to pee) around midnight and usually two or three more times before 7am.

These days, I occasionally wake around 2:30am-3:30pm maybe once or twice per week.

My VSG surgery has given me better sleep ... but my wife appreciates the silence of the night with me NOT getting out of bed through the night 20-30 times per week.

Relative bliss!

I turned down opportunities to zipline over and over again over the years because most have a 250 lbs weight limit. I was too close to that to be certain I wouldn't be disallowed and have to deal with that embarrassment.

But look what I did this weekend!

IMG_4464.JPG.thumb.png.285314b2bf412388e4b26fab7fb3556d.png

Just now, sillykitty said:

I turned down opportunities to zipline over and over again over the years because most have a 250 lbs weight limit. I was too close to that to be certain I wouldn't be disallowed and have to deal with that embarrassment.

But look what I did this weekend!

IMG_4464.JPG.thumb.png.285314b2bf412388e4b26fab7fb3556d.png

Ooooph, so fun! I would love to do that!

I can wear my rings and necklaces again! Not a wedding or engagement ring cos I’m not married, the unusual rings I used to collect and love wearing (pic is of a new one I adore...adjustable as we’re still on the way down). I also buy a new necklace to Celebrate most milestones in my life and ones that were chokers back in January are back looking cute now. So pleased, and so going to have to control the credit cards!

Oh, in other news, my size 16 jeans are now undeniably baggy round the legs. Was in denial about it as gained a pound last week, but slim is deffo looking more boyfriend!

IMG_0725.jpg

My rings are spinning around my fingers and they would hardly come off before surgery. And last night I wrapped a towel around me and was well and fully covered so I know inches are dropping fast😆👍🏼

Took a day off while traveling for work and climbed a mountain! No way I could have lugged my pre-op self up here

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

• Just returned from vacation. DRUM Roll, please! Did not gain any weight!!😆. This has NEVER happened before. My last vacation I gained 10 lbs.!
  • I ran or walked every morning on the beach. If I really wanted something food wise, I tasted a couple of bites and that was it.
  • The best vacation ever!!