Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

I will be seven months post surgery on the 29th. Today my son in law convinced me to try getting on a carnival ride, something that I was not able to do pre surgery last summer. To my surprise (and enjoyment) I easily fit into the seats and was able to be locked into all restraints without belt extensions or additional "help" from ride attendants. After 7 months the scale has slowed down on me so I'm glad that these non scale victories pop up to keep me motivated so I can get closer to my final goal.

IMG_4864.jpg

I went for my one year follow up on May 9. I was quite proud of this one which is a non-scale victory.

I was 44.7% body fat in May of 2018. At my visit on Thursday they tested my body fat again and I was 17.1% body fat.

I am also off every single medication now.

It is amazing how great this year has been.
17% body fat? Wow! Very impressive!

On 5/11/2019 at 2:15 AM, Beachyfe said:

I'm 9 months post sleeve surgery and have been on a cruise around the world for 3.5 months so far (is for 6 months total). I had to buy an ENTIRE new wardrobe before leaving (expensive but fun)...but what's really fun is being able to buy clothes in Asia where the women are so small. I used to wear a 2XL but now wear a medium! And I still have 15# to lose in order to be at my goal...hoping I'll be in a small then! Here are before and after pics....

20150423_171021.jpg

20190311_110606.jpg

20190205_135530.jpg

You look great, keep up the good work and enjoy your trip!

Today I bought jean shorts, which seems silly but it was a HUGE NSV for me. I was soooo afraid of jean shorts a year ago. Not only that, when the lady was helping me out, she asked what size I was. I shrugged and said I wasn't sure, and she said "probably these" and handed me sizes 0 and 2. Crazy! That in itself was a NSV.

Last week and I went and bought new jeans as the ones I bought last fall (32”) are just too baggy. I bought and fit into 29”. I can’t believe my waist is now smaller than my 32” inseam. Awesome NSV for me as the scale is pretty stagnate.

Then I was sharing this story with one of my close friends (who affectionally calls her self a skinny bitch) and she tell me she has pants in that size too. I literally stopped walking and just gave her this look of WTF and commented “I just have no idea how to process that”. Seriously a year ago I was two weeks post op and today life is completely different.

On 5/11/2019 at 12:20 PM, MeanSleevedMachine said:

I went for my one year follow up on May 9. I was quite proud of this one which is a non-scale victory.

I was 44.7% body fat in May of 2018. At my visit on Thursday they tested my body fat again and I was 17.1% body fat.

I am also off every single medication now.

It is amazing how great this year has been.

CONGRATS!!! You're obviously working the plan! Keep it up, it's worth it.

I also got to stop all meds (4 for diabetes including 2 insulins, & GERD meds) as well as the CPAP machine!

I now walk 2-5 miles a day and lift weights 3 days/week. Being thin feels so much better than food tastes!!

I can clasp my hands behind my back. And although I was still the biggest person on my travel tour, I wasn't the slowest or the least fit. I kept up with the tour guide, climbed over ruins, and hiked up hills with ease. I'm starting to see muscle definition again and my shoes feel too big. The weight loss is slowing down, but I'm still seeing wonderful changes.

I added a weights machine circuit to my fitness routine a couple months ago. I’ve noticed that I can do more reps and lift heavier weights on each machine now compared to a couple months ago.

I recently flew for the first time since surgery, which was 2 months ago. Last night, my first flight was delayed, so if course, it forced me to walk as fast as possible to catch my connecting flight. When I made it to the gate, I noticed I wasn't nearly as winded as I was when I had to do the same thing in January (or all of 2018). I also noticed that walking up inclines at the airport felt like a normal walk and not like a fight for life.

I love boots so congrats on that!!!! I’m hoping my boots (wide calf) will fit better soon. I can get them zipped but it’s like compression socks.

Yessss I have thick calves anyways then being fat made it impossible to find boots I paid good money for extra wide calf boots and still couldn't wear them pre-surgery.. NOW I can!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm 2 1/2 years post op & my NSVs are clothes for sure, able to wear calf boots (before even extra wide calf didn't fit), recently was able to go on a cruise to the Bahamas that we flew to AND went snorkeling with my sons while there!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

On 5/11/2019 at 5:15 AM, Beachyfe said:

I'm 9 months post sleeve surgery and have been on a cruise around the world for 3.5 months so far (is for 6 months total). I had to buy an ENTIRE new wardrobe before leaving (expensive but fun)...but what's really fun is being able to buy clothes in Asia where the women are so small. I used to wear a 2XL but now wear a medium! And I still have 15# to lose in order to be at my goal...hoping I'll be in a small then! Here are before and after pics....

20150423_171021.jpg

20190311_110606.jpg

20190205_135530.jpg

Your weightloss is phenomenonal

But that cruise... Tell us more!!!