Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

SO AWESOME about everyone. I ditto so far what everyone has said... Love that my thighs do NOT rub any more and my anxiety sweats are GONE. I admit that I still don't see what everyone else does because I still picture me as fat, but everyone thinks I'm crazy. I take the compliments just hard to believe them. I lost 5 pounds last week and gained 1 this week, so I know it's all slowing done, but my body is still changing and I'm loving it. I have size 31 banana Republic jeans on today which were being saved for my skinny self, and now I can't keep them pulled up and they are just all around lose to be stretchy skinny jeans. I do love that fact, just now the money I spent will now be donated. But actually I'm ok with that and ready to start NEW!

Sorry for my rambling.

I wear a white scrub warmup jacket as part of my work uniform. I started in a 3X.. down to an XL a couple of months after surgery.. and yesterday I picked up a new jacket in a medium. Unbelievable, but exciting!

17 hours ago, sideeye said:

This is the fifth season in a row when I’ve pulled out my stash of season-change clothing and realized I have to donate almost all of it. I am both happy and horrified ($$$!!!) about this.

And this one is a bit odd, but I wore jeans to work today. To get away with wearing jeans in my kind of business setting, you have to make it a whole outfit - like, you’re able to wear jeans but they have to be tailored, an attractive wash, paired with heels and coordinated jewelry and you really need to get the top half right including hair. Jeans can be worn, but as part of a LOOK. You have to look like you might actually be representing a music label in some capacity, rather than “I wore jeans because they’re easy”.

Anyhow, I always felt that was a tall order when I was overweight - coordinating all of that was a million times harder because that shirt might not lie right on my body, the jeans might be a little muffin-top-ish, the shoes might not be good for miles of walking, the Bracelet might not fit. And all of that would change week to week, like I was a shapeshifter. But now I just think “that would go together” AND IT DOES. I don’t have to worry about my body underneath it all anymore.

So when does your album drop 😁💃🙌

Congrats 💜

My ex boyfriend is one of my closest friends now and he is not obese at all but can put on a little extra weight because like most people likes fast food and the ease of takeout.

I convinced him start taking lunch to work and I shopped and meal prepped with him once. He keeped it going and 3 months later thanked me because at his recent physical they realized he lost 20lbs.

My jeans are really starting to hang off of me now. My wedding and engagement ring are flopping around on my finger. I keep catching sight of myself in mirrors in stores and not recognising the person looking back.

Ain't it just wonderful! You got all the old memories still inside but you've packaged them in a new container! And it still has more time to go, you are gonna be a wild Momma before this is over!

Had another NSV today.

At the mall today, looking for some summer tops. Automatically I went to the dark blouses. I stopped myself and questioned why do I have to buy such dark colors all the time. I put down the dark colors. Bought blouses in red, yellow and lilac. There's no need for me to "hide" behind those dark colors anymore. It amazing how your subconscious mind works.

And my new slacks are floral, 2 very pretty prints. Why dress like a grayish blob, when I can rock the smaller me? Late Husband would have hated these, make pointed remarks like Did the floral market explode? Dressing like you're young when I know how old you ar . And then finished it off with No Fool like an Old Fool.
But you know what? I'm under new management, my own. They do not make me look large, in fact wearing,them I have still gotten compliments on my weight loss and how pretty they are. And most important, they make me feel good about ME, I seldom had that with. Late Lamented. Now that I can look back with clarity, for I no longer have to live that style, He believed the only way to boost yourself up was to tear down and belittle someone else. And that was the example his father gave him, saw it when I married into that group.
If I mourn anything it is the potential for being a wonderful husband but he was content with being so much less. Does this make me less since,i did not inspire more in him? That's an answer I may never know.

I tried on some clothes in my closet and I was able to fit into a formal dress that I bought several years ago but never got to wear.

At work we keep a machine for cauterizing wound awkwardly attached to the wall partially behind the exam chair. This is actually not a problem for anyone else in the clinic. But today was the first day was able to fit behind the chair to adjust the machine myself instead of have the doctor do it themself.

I'm not sure they noticed but I'm so happy.

Way to go Lochnessamber, I am so happy for your NSV and maybe I'll have another of own soon.

4 minutes ago, Lochnessamber said:

At work we keep a machine for cauterizing wound awkwardly attached to the wall partially behind the exam chair. This is actually not a problem for anyone else in the clinic. But today was the first day was able to fit behind the chair to adjust the machine myself instead of have the doctor do it themself.

I'm not sure they noticed but I'm so happy.

That is wonderful! It feels so good to leave those little daily humiliations in the past!

Had a meeting at work today, and it occurred to me that I wasn't the heaviest person there.

I'm not judging anyone else for their weight - rather, I was just pleased that I can blend into the background a little more in social or work situations.

6 minutes ago, Boldilocks said:

Had a meeting at work today, and it occurred to me that I wasn't the heaviest person there.

I'm not judging anyone else for their weight - rather, I was just pleased that I can blend into the background a little more in social or work situations.

Yes! This has been a huge emotional win for me. I don't feel "singled out" as the lone fatty in my group of friends or business associates any more. I'm less self conscious and more confident in my skin, which helps too!