Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

13 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Yay!!!!!!!!

Thanks, GreenTea. You've been a great friend through all of this!

Pulling on my slacks, having them be loose instead of tight and uncomfortable in "rise" the crotch seam. And the best-ess part, going to stores and not automatically searching how large each piece goes, I believe someday even if I am not "normal" or "average" I still will make it to "midsize" personhood and from where I started that looks a fine place to be. Maybe, just maybe, my relatives will not call me Wide Load, do you think they were thoughtless or just didn't much care for me? It hurt me to my core I wasn't accepted better😭😪😥👗

I’ve been struggling the last few weeks as the numbers are flat gain flat gain loss ... rinse and repeat. But I keep going back to how clothes that a few weeks ago were tight in the legs, belly or arms are now plenty comfortable and are not tight or pulling. I’m wearing heels regularly and my feet aren’t angry at me. I get antsy if I haven’t been active and look forward to moving my body with a walk/workout etc.

The weird one is recognizing I’m now thin enough (size 10 US) that thin privilege is real and a total mind frak. I’m no longer invisible in public and that’s just really odd to have the shift in under a year.

On 04/13/2019 at 11:50, Frustr8 said:

Pulling on my slacks, having them be loose instead of tight and uncomfortable in "rise" the crotch seam. And the best-ess part, going to stores and not automatically searching how large each piece goes, I believe someday even if I am not "normal" or "average" I still will make it to "midsize" personhood and from where I started that looks a fine place to be. Maybe, just maybe, my relatives will not call me Wide Load, do you think they were thoughtless or just didn't much care for me? It hurt me to my core I wasn't accepted better😭😪😥👗
I’m so sorry you had that happen. Honestly if they are general caring people it’s probably more thoughtlessness. Doesn’t mean it doesn’t hurt.

If they are general not nice people then it’s intentional. Usually I find people who bring people down intentionally are usually miserable and unhappy. They want you feeling like them. So much BS.

I can sing again. Throughout my childhood and young adulthood I sang in choirs. The last few years I got so big and had such reduced lung capacity that I couldn’t hold a note anymore. Just now while I was on the treadmill walking 4.5 mph, my favorite song came on my shuffle and I started singing along, in tune, no panting or wheezing. When I realized what I was doing I started crying. It was such an incredible moment to realize that I have my voice back.

54 minutes ago, DuchessDeviance said:

I can sing again. Throughout my childhood and young adulthood I sang in choirs. The last few years I got so big and had such reduced lung capacity that I couldn’t hold a note anymore. Just now while I was on the treadmill walking 4.5 mph, my favorite song came on my shuffle and I started singing along, in tune, no panting or wheezing. When I realized what I was doing I started crying. It was such an incredible moment to realize that I have my voice back.

What a joyous realization! Congrats!

With or without sharp scissors in your hands? Congratulations are sent your way at any rate! Deliberate Happy Occurance for you!

Don’t have my date scheduled for my surgery yet but I have lost 43 lbs pre surgery feeling great about that.
Today I took my first ((HOT)) shower without my bench buddy. Huge accomplishment for me as I have for years had problems with my blood pressure in the shower go up and me pass out. So I didn’t need the bench nor the cold Water. Feels great to be normal again!!!🤗🤗🤗🤗

One of my biggest NSVs is hard to put into words. It’s similar to being a kid at school who has been laughed out of drama class, so despite wanting to be in the school play they tell themself:

a) drama class is for crap people who have more ego than intelligence

b ) they will probably be bad at it

c) the class is pointless anyway

Except all that is about the culture of dieting, gym going and other fitness and food culture things that non-obese people around me have been involved in.

I guess you could also call it my Breakfast Club NSV. I’m the emo superior acting kid who’s finally decided I was cutting off my nose to spite my face by not joining in and having fun on my own terms.

If that makes ANY sense?

On 4/19/2019 at 6:56 AM, DuchessDeviance said:

That is amazing!! I’m so happy for you 😍

3 minutes ago, BrighterSide said:

One of my biggest NSVs is hard to put into words. It’s similar to being a kid at school who has been laughed out of drama class, so despite wanting to be in the school play they tell themself:

a) drama class is for crap people who have more ego than intelligence
B) they will probably be bad at it
c) the class is pointless anyway.

Except all that is about the culture of dieting, gym going and other fitness and food culture things that non-obese people around me have been involved in.

I guess you could also call it my Breakfast Club NSV. I’m the emo superior acting kid who’s finally decided I was cutting off my nose to spite my face by not joining in and having fun on my own terms.

If that makes ANY sense?

Perfect sense!!! Way to be one of the “cool kids “ and going for your dreams 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻