Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

That's amazing! What a gorgeous picture too.

I had a few this weekend and I really needed them to stay motivated. I ate poorly this week, eating too much in general and making poor food choices. I had a week that was beyond stressful for many reasons and I found myself trying to use food as a drug again. I was feeling sorry for myself thinking that I can never have a coke or a mimosa again, and when I previewed a menu before a night out I was lamenting that I couldn't eat many of my favorite dishes (Cuban spot, lots of delicious rice dishes!). But then...

I bought a top for the first time in 20 years from a company that doesn't do plus sizes (yes, it was a tunic, and they run large, but I bought a regular sized "large" and it was roomy!). I wore it out with my husband for date night and despite being a long way from goal, I felt better looking in the mirror than I have in a really, really long time. We went to the movies and I realized that there was a fair amount of space in my seat. I can't remember the last time that I didn't feel uncomfortable worrying that my giant arms would squish the stranger on the other armrest side. So after that, when we went to the restaurant, I happily ate a few bites of my fish and veggies, took home a generous doggie bag and thought to myself, this is better than the cocktail. This is better than the paella rice that you wanted to order. Feeling comfortable in your own skin is better! It gave me the fuel I need to get back to good choices.

7 hours ago, Beegrrly said:

I can now cross my legs!!!!! Woo!!!

0ED993DF-3ED0-4396-A040-57FE6807FC65.jpeg

Congrats! When I realized by accident that I could do that again I nearly cried.

4 hours ago, sideeye said:

I had surgery just over a year ago. This morning, I did this.

6A2AC948-74DE-450C-8682-0656E46D5EBB.jpeg

Wow!

So not really a victory BUT I had to put on a wetsuit yesterday and I was not embarrassed. we swam with the manatees!

Usual travel stuff, fitting comfortably in a coach seat on an airplane, wrapping a hotel towel around my waist, etc. but also, a 22-year-old woman hit on me at a bar. Humblebrag, I know, but that **** didn’t happen when I was 22.

Also, to a lesser extent, I was able to walk through a crowded bar without issue. And I can’t rest my beer glass on my belly any more.

Oh, and swim classes with my son and not having any more of a dad bod than the other dads in the class.

6 hours ago, Avery's Mom said:

So not really a victory BUT I had to put on a wetsuit yesterday and I was not embarrassed. we swam with the manatees!

omg i'm so looking forward to putting on a wetsuit and not having to choose from the men's selection because none of the womens' sizes fit me before.

Soo.. this one is actually a scale victory. But I want to share it anyway!

My highest ever recorded weight was 282.4 lbs in 2010. I'm now 178.6 lbs as of this morning.. so I've officially lost 100 lbs. I can't believe I ever carried that much weight on this body. Now just 24.6 lbs to goal.

11 minutes ago, MegPRN said:

Soo.. this one is actually a scale victory. But I want to share it anyway!

My highest ever recorded weight was 282.4 lbs in 2010. I'm now 178.6 lbs as of this morning.. so I've officially lost 100 lbs. I can't believe I ever carried that much weight on this body. Now just 24.6 lbs to goal.

Congrats!!!!!

Here is a visual of what 100 pounds looks like.

download.jpg

I can cross my legs to tie my shoes
I can't wait until I can do that, too! Being morbidly obese and trying to tie shoes is a nightmare!! Congratulations!!

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app