Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

Yesterday I bought pants in a size I cannot remember wearing since high school. To say I was excited would be an understatement. It still feels surreal. :)

19 minutes ago, anl1990 said:

Yesterday I bought pants in a size I cannot remember wearing since high school. To say I was excited would be an understatement. It still feels surreal. :)

The earliest I remember caring about the size shorts I wore was around age 12, which would have been around 1996/1997. I was a size 14. I have never since been that size again. Now, it's very possible that size inflation/vanity sizing occurred over the past 22 years, and that I'm not truly a size 12-14 (depending on style) now, but I'm with you! It feels amazing to be wearing sizes I never thought I'd be in again.

22 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

All your cute shoes now have a home 😂

Great idea, GT!

21 hours ago, ms.sss said:

Wow.

Ohmahgosh! What a great recycle!!! You look like a sexy mama, girl!!!! (Cuz you ARE a sexy mama!) How adorable! Hope you had an awesome time dancing your BF's sox off! :)

Edited by FluffyChix

Yesterday while in for my 10/11 month check up I was scheduling my 12 month follow up. The receptionist looked at my photo in the system and said “dang you look totally different!”

The other lady in the waiting room who was having a pre surgery appt asked if she could ask me some questions. Total convo about yeah the number change is amazing (and frustrating) but more than that are all the NSVs that I’ve had and at.

well i decided i needed a new coat as they were having a 70% of sale so i went to the rack grabbed a 2x coat tryed it on (was in a 4x ) and i was swimming so i tryed an xl nope still to big i bought the large after i tryed on a medium which i thought was to tight so i went with the large first time i have bought a large anything (except food) since 6th grade been a few years for sure !!!!!!😎

On 03/19/2019 at 12:37, VIKING 0424 said:

well i decided i needed a new coat as they were having a 70% of sale so i went to the rack grabbed a 2x coat tryed it on (was in a 4x ) and i was swimming so i tryed an xl nope still to big i bought the large after i tryed on a medium which i thought was to tight so i went with the large first time i have bought a large anything (except food) since 6th grade been a few years for sure !!!!!!😎

That is amazing!! Congratulations 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

On 03/19/2019 at 12:15, RHCD said:

Yesterday while in for my 10/11 month check up I was scheduling my 12 month follow up. The receptionist looked at my photo in the system and said “dang you look totally different!”

The other lady in the waiting room who was having a pre surgery appt asked if she could ask me some questions. Total convo about yeah the number change is amazing (and frustrating) but more than that are all the NSVs that I’ve had and at.
That must’ve really made you feel good and wtg for being there to answer questions. I’m sure you were a huge help

I was annoyed about having to get a new raincoat because I know it will be too big next season but low and behold I had an old coat in the back of my closet that not only fits me again but looks really cute.

On 2/24/2019 at 7:51 PM, notmyname said:

yesterdays NSV - I was able to buy a few items of clothes at a physical Old Navy store because I didn't need plus size . Today, I realized I needed to go and exchange a couple sweaters because they're too large! So I was able to buy XL sweaters! (even though I know ON runs large, still excited).

That's exciting! I can buy a few Medium but mostly Large now instead of XL and 2X.

10 hours ago, lzucks said:

NSV for me today— The lady who works at our dry cleaners who I’ve seen for years didn’t recognize me until I told her my name. 😳 93 lbs down, 22 to go to hit my goal!

how awesome is that keep up the great work cheers!!!!