Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

I had gastric bypass surgery on 12/17 and the first change I noticed was my watch band felt loose. It’s one notch tighter now. I can also see changes in my face. I decided to take a weekly photo to document the changes in my face. It’s crazy!

I purged my uber fat clothes from my closet and am now wearing my 'you are still kinda fat' clothes!!

Donated three yard-size bags of clothes to G-dub and donated 10 suits to an interviewing/back to work nonprofit.

We have one of those in Columbus, what a coincidence, they just highlighted it on a recent AM Columbus show!

Went to Six Flags Magic Mountain last week. Got to go a a few rides I couldn't the last time I was there 5 years ago. It was a great day.

Hey that is a Great NSV and an ego booster. Hope you had bunches of fun there!

I’ve been stalling for a few weeks but my body fat percentage just got below 40% for the first time in years...a decade or more I think! I’ll take it and focus on the positive even though I’d love the scale to budge too!

On 01/03/2019 at 17:25, nenes78 said:

Went to Six Flags Magic Mountain last week. Got to go a a few rides I couldn't the last time I was there 5 years ago. It was a great day.

Can’t wait until I feel confident enough to go to an amusement park! Congrats!!

My lazy teens tentatively asking the sacred question, Are we walking today? Yes I nod and the wind whispers, Always

😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁😁

This is maybe a pre-emptive NSV since it won’t be until this afternoon, BUT...

I’m getting my haircut in a pixie cut today after work! I’ve been wanting one since the last time I had one 12 years ago when I was at my lowest weight ever (until now). Nervous but it’s super exciting that I’m willing to take the plunge again for the first time in over a decade!

The only reason I might back out is if she says the Hair loss will be more apparent with the pixie cut, but otherwise I’m going to go for it and CAN’T WAIT!!

In the past two months I have been able to wear my wedding ring again, I can play more comfortably with my kids on the floor, get much less winded while walking on hills where we live in SF, and have been finding clothes in my closet that haven't fit in a long time! Hooray for NSVs! This is a great thread.

My wedding ring has had to be sized down twice. The first time it went from a 17 to a 15 and this past time it went from a 15 to a 12.5.

I go to 10-15 ballgames a year and it was nice to not have to buy an extra seat just so I could have shoulder room.

Took my 9 yo son and a friend to the park. I was flying a kite and one of his friends was there, so I let him hold the kite. His dad came over and was kind of unfriendly and told him to come with him. Realized when I went home that he didn’t recognize me with my 100 lb weight loss since spring baseball. He thought some weird stranger was hanging with his son! 😂😂😂🤣🤣🤣

Sad in a way, isn't it? We now live in a world where motives are questioned and you are guilty until proved innocent. Children, the old philosopher has to mourn this, the good old days were not so suspicious, oh they were not perfect but we still believed in honesty, we respected and appreciated our fellow man and it was a kinder, gentler time frame. On my way home from school I knew safe houses, where if I was frightened by occurances or strangers, they would welcome me in, keep me safe until I could be reunited with my parents. I don't even know my neighbors that well. One I do know , his father died, I had no clue, in my childhood and youth, someone,in the neighborhood would have taken up a collection for flowers, and then there would be an arrrangement at the funeral. Might have said "From the Jones Street neighbors" and had each families names on it. Didn't know Big Jim died until a week later, too late then to send them a cassarole, we used to do that too, that way the grieving family didn't have to bother cooking.

On 12/21/2018 at 3:23 PM, ALFxRNY said:

Other nsv, my new obsession with actually trying on clothes lol. Was always afraid to because things didn’t fit and I’d be disappointed. Not the case anymore!

I love being able to try on anything! Even if it ends up looking absurd lol!!!