Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

Bow ties are cool!!!

I just had a size 10 dress zip up on me. Still a little snug and will need some shape wear for the belly but holy hell it zipped. It’s for a wedding in January. The second look my Mr gave me was hysterical when I asked him if it looked okay to be his arm candy.

All needed because the scale I swear is stuck at 200.8-201.8... still

Be careful. It may be too big by January!

On 11/21/2018 at 09:54, libbyleeb said:

Be careful. It may be too big by January!

Aww then I’ll have to go shopping again...

Honestly my loss has slowed way down to the maybe 2 lbs a week/month. Granted that doesn’t address the physical body dimension changes. I’m so very much out of the honeymoon fast dropping zone. Now it’s doing the work.

Aww then I’ll have to go shopping again...

Honestly my loss has slowed way down to the maybe 2 lbs a week/month. Granted that doesn’t address the physical body dimension changes. I’m so very much out of the honeymoon fast dropping zone. Now it’s doing the work.

I hear you. My honeymoon is over, too.

Yesterday I fit an ENTIRE TOWEL around myself. EXCUSE ME?????!!!! Unheard of. Fake. Unrealistic.

Recently took a flight that had to be rebooked due to weather conditions in the northeast. The only available seats were middle seats. I was completely freaking out and just knew that I was going to be miserable the entire flight.

To my surprise, I was completely comfortable and did not encroach on anyone’s space. Even though I’ve lost over 100lbs and down to 188, I’m still “big” in my head until proven otherwise. 🤪

This weekend at a party I was standing to wait for a friend of mine to move so I could pass her thinking there was no way I’d be able to get past them in the small space. Maybe 12-18” of space.

Another friend (who knows of my surgery) leaned in and said “RHCD you can fit thru there”. I told her nope I’m fine I’ll wait. Some how I eventually decided to give it a go and walked thru and didn’t bump anyone. Mind blown. Much cheering/fist bumps from friends.

So maybe physically smaller but mentally not there.

A big thumb up👍and a way to go,Baby! that is an NSV you should cherish!

Don't count,on it , I believe our minds are the last things to accept it. Case in point, I have on an eggplant-shades sweatsuit outfit, when I took it out of the closet I didn't think it would be as loose on me as it is. Dont think I will change it though, just rock any victory even,if it is non size instead of Non scale victory.

Yesterday i had to go buy some pants for work sincr the old ones didn't fit. I was going to order them online but some how rnded up going to the store. So i start with a size 18 some 16's and i finally got some 14's. So i head to the dressing room. And to my great suprise and amazement i didnt even try on the 18s it fir just right in the 14s. I havent been 14 since jr high high school. Even with my 2 week stall my body is changing but my mind and mirror are not there. I still feel bigger than i am. Loving it!!!

Sent from my SM-G930T1 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am still wearing my 6X jacket at work because they keep it so cold 🥶 here I think I am still wearing it just to be able to hide the changes from everyone until I adjust to them

Flying home from DC with my wife and son, I sat in the middle seat, found it perfectly comfortable.

Bought new bath towels over the weekend, did not have to spend extra on oversized bath sheets.

Looked at a pair of track pants, said “oh, those are too small,” and they fit perfectly, for the billionth time.

That's 1-2'-3 Great NSV! Best Wishes for a Happy December for you, your wife and Son!.!

12 hours ago, deltagirl93 said:

Recently took a flight that had to be rebooked due to weather conditions in the northeast. The only available seats were middle seats. I was completely freaking out and just knew that I was going to be miserable the entire flight.

To my surprise, I was completely comfortable and did not encroach on anyone’s space. Even though I’ve lost over 100lbs and down to 188, I’m still “big” in my head until proven otherwise. 🤪

Wow, over 100lbs. That is amazing. I stopped flying about 4 years ago after a flight where I had to beg for a seat belt extension. I've lost 60 so I figure I can fly again and will do so next February. Anyway congrats on the loss.

@wiscogal Happy 1st SURGIBIRTHDAY ANNIVERSARY and thank you for starting this NSV thread. NOW you have earned your Veteran. wings and I am still trying to get my wings to work right, only 12 weeks out, and. part of the time,8 am not sure they will hold me up!

I hear you. My honeymoon is over, too.

How long did your weight loss honeymoon phase last?