Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

1 minute ago, MIZ60 said:

Two weeks ago I was able to join my husband and group of friends on a 2 day motorcycle ride touring the Frio Canyon and Hill Country in central Texas. We also visited the LBJ ranch, Garrison Distillery and Luckenbach. All told, 560 miles ridden from Saturday morning until Sunday evening. I could never have done this 5 months ago.

I am in the white shirt😎

43367663_490148158062861_3722342237254713344_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=600e3783132cf17bf50a3777b49e929d&oe=5C5B120D

You look so beautiful and happy!!! Congrats on your major accomplishment!!!! So glad you had fun!

I went to Oktoberfest and walked around for about an hour and a half, I had a sample of sauerkraut (and when i say sample I mean only one or two strings) and a sip of pumpkin beer, it was interesting. My knee did not like all of the walking however, I did all of it, I did try to get a ride from the entrance to the shuttle and I could not get anyone to assist with that. I walked the whole way. My knee was so sore. I came home and I actually was able to do some peddling for 10 minutes after I rested for an hour. I drank a Protein Shake before I left and had Water at the fest, I had cottage cheese when I got home. I am a little sore, but I survived. The whole day is a NSV for me.

So I remember folks telling me as they got closer to goal or were there they were always cold.

Yeah knocking on 100 down with anywhere from 20-40 to go I’m always cold now. I know the weather is changing and the temp is chilly but mg going for the thicker blankets and sweaters way earlier than normal.

I was wondering if/hoping it would pass. I was never cold before. Always wore shorts and no shirt in the house. Could go out in a t-shirt mid winter and be a little chilly. Only wore under pants to sleep in. Last week or so I've been covered in layers and sleep the same way. I don't like wearing so many clothes.

They told us at the support group the other night that it would pass in a few years.

4 hours ago, RHCD said:

they got closer to goal or were there they were always cold.

This is a factor.

It's so true.

As an obese man, the humid summers on the Australian coast were horrible on many, many days. Coming into summer now with our spring temps of 25C to 32C (77F to 90F) with humidity 70% to 95%, I am much better off. My regime of lots of daily swimming and "no perspiration left to give" is better.

But, oh, the mild winters we have here with daytime temps of 16C to 20C (61F to 68F) after overnights of 6C to 11C (43F to 52F) left me quite cold getting up to swim each morning. I've never felt cold more than a couple of dozen times in thirty years before last winter (June-August here in the southern hemisphere). This winter was my worst ... I felt cold on FIVE or MORE days per week regularly and for the first time since my childhood, I needed extra night blankets. I even bought and electric blanket and an electric throw rug to try to hold back my personal cold.

The youtube videos and the weight loss surgery forums were MOSTLY pretty clear about this feature of post-WLS.

4 hours ago, abefroman329 said:

They told us at the support group the other night that it would pass in a few years.

I don't want it to pass! I'd much rather be cold and put on a sweater than too hot and have to dress professionally.

Newest one for me not clothing related ;).

On Saturday I had a scrub at our local day spa. Usually when I lie on my back the tops of my hips and knees would start to stretch/ache. This time none of that. I guess my shrinking booty is to thank for that.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:45 AM, RHCD said:

So I remember folks telling me as they got closer to goal or were there they were always cold.

Yeah knocking on 100 down with anywhere from 20-40 to go I’m always cold now. I know the weather is changing and the temp is chilly but mg going for the thicker blankets and sweaters way earlier than normal.

oh lord this one was an eye opener for me. I was the guy that was always hot. I wore shorts and tee shirts in December. THEN i dropped the weight and i freeze what is left of my ass off now.

I own 6 long sleeve shirts now. That is 6 more than i ever owned before.

Being cold and sitting making my tailbone hurt are the 2 biggest surprises from the sleeve.

This is my favorite thread to read. :1007_hearts:

Had to go to the ER, hurt my foot. Regular set of questions, smoker, drinker, height, weight...

I told the Triage Nurse I didn't know my current weight because I don't weigh myself

Nurse: "ummm, i'd say 130lbs"

Bi+(#...!!???!!???

Im actually 156lbs (we checked) but if I look 130lbs I'll take it!

I haven’t been around the forums in a little while. Today’s non scale victory is clothing. Prior to surgery I wore a 3x top/size 24 jeans. Today I went to try on clothes and fit a large top/size 17 jeans. I’m so proud of my progress even though it can’t really see a difference most days

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

7 minutes ago, ALFxRNY said:

I haven’t been around the forums in a little while. Today’s non scale victory is clothing. Prior to surgery I wore a 3x top/size 24 jeans. Today I went to try on clothes and fit a large top/size 17 jeans. I’m so proud of my progress even though it can’t really see a difference most days

image-0.00405311584472656.jpg

You look fantastic, congrats!

You look Fabulous! Keep up the good work. You can tell