Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

I got my rings on! I was so excited! I haven't worn them in over 4 years. I am 9 week s post op, so October is doable for you!

My other NSV today was when I got I the car, looked down and I could actually see the seat! Not my belly and legs covering it up! Plus, I also had to buy new underwear because ally other ones were falling off!

Guess I’m crazy, cause my NSV is that my wedding ring is almost too big for me. This means it’s time for an upgrade!! 😆😆

51 minutes ago, fluffy562 said:

my 20th wedding anniversary is coming up Oct. 10 my goal is to be able to put my wedding ring on again as a surprise. its been 13 years since i could wear, I am only 11 days post op. cross your fingers I can reach this goal.

Rooting for you! It WILL happen! 🤗

Wearing my wedding ring again has been 1 of my favorite NSV!

Celebratory weekend with family and every meal I shared with someone, I no longer have to eat everything I order. I can even simply throw it away ... Liberating

I have had many NSVs in the last 6 months since my surgery:

• Not worrying about fitting in the seats at the amusement park
  • TUCKING IN MY SHIRT...I've never actually done that
  • Having my kids arms go the whole way around when they hug me
  • New clothes, new shoes
  • Riding bike again after 10+ years
  • Feeling proud

I am almost 6 months post-op. No regrets, only wish I had done it sooner!

I had to go to a formal event last night. I was so worried I wouldn't have anything to wear because it was last minute. I found a beautiful gown in the back of my closet from when I was maybe 13 or 14 years old that I bought for a cousin's wedding. I nervously put it on, and not only did it fit, but it looked better than when I wore it the first time. I'm almost 20 now.

4 hours ago, Heather E said:

Plus, I also had to buy new underwear because ally other ones were falling off!

Isn’t it wonderful?! I’ve had to buy underwear twice in the year since surgery, and it’s been so fun. I can finally fit in hanky Panky brand which I always wanted to! And I can buy bras in regular stores!

I can sit in a movie theater seat without having to lift one of the armrests up (or feel completely restricted if they're the sort you can't raise!).

Now that is ONE I look forward to!

I managed to swim 2000m today (that's 80 lengths). The last time I swam that far I was 15! (Mind you, it took me a lot longer to do it this time than when I was a teenager!).

4 minutes ago, looly said:

I managed to swim 2000m today (that's 80 lengths). The last time I swam that far I was 15! (Mind you, it took me a lot longer to do it this time than when I was a teenager!).

80 lengths? WOW!

3 minutes ago, Orchids&Dragons said:

80 lengths? WOW!

I agree .. WOW! :o

I think my arms would fall off!

Thank you! :)

I'm quite proud of myself! (even though it did take me an hour and 20 minutes). I'm hopeless at weight-bearing exercise, so I have to be good at something.

On 9/2/2018 at 11:30 AM, sideeye said:

I did my annual “go into the front closet and try on all of the winter coats” sort just now. Usually it’s a depressing exercise that means trying on 10 coats, none of them buttoning or hanging exactly right, pulling out the two that are somewhat manageable, and then vowing to buy something better-fitting at a sale. I then have to keep all of them on hand, to account for weight gain or the day I wear a bulky sweater.

This year every single one of them fit. Four immediately went into the donate pile for being too big, three others went into the resale pile for just not being as flattering as I’d like, and three look FANTASTIC. Better yet I’ll likely be able to wear them all season, since as I lose weight I’ll wear more sweaters/layers, so if they fit over a tank now we’re good.

I am astounded by how straightforward and affirming that was. Again: this is how average weight people go through life? They just do things like sort through winter clothes without feeling depressed for days after?

Congrats!! I need to do this!

So you know when you follow the sizing measurements and the size you think you are turns out to be too big. Yeah I had to exchange an Xl and a L (wth???) for a medium? I have no idea how to dress at this size and knowing I’m still loosing and will for a while. I’m now in a Medium to a 16 depending on cut.

I mean yes a victory but a confusing one for sure.