Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

So I went shopping with my mom yesterday and she forced me to try on a cream coloured jacket which I NEVER would have touched before because I didn’t want to look like a marshmallow. I decided to humour her and put it on....and not only did it fit but it looked good!! Woot woot!!! Best part is it was a size LARGE!!! When I started my journey (3 months ago) I was a size 4X and sometimes it still wouldn’t fit. I can’t believe how much has changed.

No more Xs for this lady!!!

5 minutes ago, Pink nova said:

So I went shopping with my mom yesterday and she forced me to try on a cream coloured jacket which I NEVER would have touched before because I didn’t want to look like a marshmallow. I decided to humour her and put it on....and not only did it fit but it looked good!! Woot woot!!! Best part is it was a size LARGE!!! When I started my journey (3 months ago) I was a size 4X and sometimes it still wouldn’t fit. I can’t believe how much has changed.

No more Xs for this lady!!!

Congrats! Feels so good, doesn't it? I'll bet you were just glowing!

I converted from lap band to sleeve... nsv... I haven’t thrown up in a month! Oh and I’m wearing size 18 jeans from a size 22

Not throwing up is the best nsv. Anyone who suffered with a lap band and now has a sleeve can attest to the difference. I thank God everyday my lap band is gone. Love my sleeve so much.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

I have one! My teen daughter has been raiding my college for clothes from my "old days I'll never fit these again but I refuse to give them up" bins for a couple of years now. This weekend, she gave clothes to ME! She came home from college and gave me two pairs of jeans she doesn't like because I am down to a size 14!! And a few tops that fit me too. It's crazy. I wore trendy skinny jeans of hers (now mine) Friday and couldn't believe it was me!

I went on holiday to Whitby last week and climbed the 199 steps up to Whitby Abbey without breaking a sweat! These are the same steps that Dracula was supposed to have run up (as a dog) when his schooner was shipwrecked at Whitby rocks - but I promise I didn't howl or suck anyone's blood! ;) I walked 8 and a half miles that day and did have some treats over the week, but I still lost 4 lbs. :)

I did my annual “go into the front closet and try on all of the winter coats” sort just now. Usually it’s a depressing exercise that means trying on 10 coats, none of them buttoning or hanging exactly right, pulling out the two that are somewhat manageable, and then vowing to buy something better-fitting at a sale. I then have to keep all of them on hand, to account for weight gain or the day I wear a bulky sweater.

This year every single one of them fit. Four immediately went into the donate pile for being too big, three others went into the resale pile for just not being as flattering as I’d like, and three look FANTASTIC. Better yet I’ll likely be able to wear them all season, since as I lose weight I’ll wear more sweaters/layers, so if they fit over a tank now we’re good.

I am astounded by how straightforward and affirming that was. Again: this is how average weight people go through life? They just do things like sort through winter clothes without feeling depressed for days after?

11 minutes ago, sideeye said:

I am astounded by how straightforward and affirming that was. Again: this is how average weight people go through life? They just do things like sort through winter clothes without feeling depressed for days after?

Sadly, no. They spend their time wishing they were thinner, bustier, less busty, more hourglass, less hourglass, taller, shorter, etc.

I wore white skinny ankle jeans (size 10P :o) with a fitted top on a date last night. I've never worn white pants in my life, even when I was 25 lbs lighter and in my 20's.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the body of your 20's, with the confidence of your 40's? :P

AND, I think the pants look better on me than the model, since I have more ass! :lol:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nydj-ami-stretch-ankle-skinny-jeans/4741236

32 minutes ago, sillykitty said:

I wore white skinny ankle jeans (size 10P :o) with a fitted top on a date last night. I've never worn white pants in my life, even when I was 25 lbs lighter and in my 20's.

Wouldn't it be nice to have the body of your 20's, with the confidence of your 40's? :P

AND, I think the pants look better on me than the model, since I have more ass! :lol:

https://shop.nordstrom.com/s/nydj-ami-stretch-ankle-skinny-jeans/4741236

I'll bet they did look better on you. They weren't particularly flattering on the model. Made her look absolutely butt-less!

Went to Breakfast yesterday on the motorcycle with my husband at one of our favorite diners. Rode about 160 miles round trip. I have not been able or willing to ride with him in 2 and 1/2 years so this is a major non scale victory for me. It was fabulous!! And NO I did not have any pie:D

Image may contain: Sherri Sutton Goode, smiling, standing and text

Edited by MIZ60

Went to Breakfast yesterday on the motorcycle with my husband at one of our favorite diners. Rode about 160 miles round trip. I have not been able or willing to ride with him in 2 and 1/2 years so this is a major non scale victory for me. It was fabulous!! And NO I did not have any pie
40590790_10216765553354364_741941993927606272_n.jpg?_nc_cat=0%26oh=d58b8bf97d85e95914ba39f0f98d6c36%26oe=5C2A533F&key=8069ebf82e2ae0f9e73e0f5e8e10614c492037e60c0967662d79ac3fec5fbeb6
Thats so awesome.

Sent from my LGMS210 using BariatricPal mobile app

32 minutes ago, MIZ60 said:

Went to Breakfast yesterday on the motorcycle with my husband at one of our favorite diners. Rode about 160 miles round trip. I have not been able or willing to ride with him in 2 and 1/2 years so this is a major non scale victory for me. It was fabulous!! And NO I did not have any pie:D

I am so delighted for you! It's a big deal to be able to do things again that you used to love! Especially if it was something you did together that you've been missing!

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

Look at you you pretty lady!!! And look at how skinny you are!!!! Woot! You inspire me!!

my 20th wedding anniversary is coming up Oct. 10 my goal is to be able to put my wedding ring on again as a surprise. its been 13 years since i could wear, I am only 11 days post op. cross your fingers I can reach this goal.