Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

I finally have one. Took the kiddos to Rye Playland this weekend. When I was a teenager, the first time I dealt with obesity, I couldn't fit on the Dragon Coaster and had to get off. It was crowded and I was humiliated. My daughter asked me to ride with her and I explained that this coaster was built in 1928 when people were a lot smaller and mom might not fit, so dad might have to step in. But surprise, surprise -- bar closed and an old demon was banished.

3 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

I finally have one. Took the kiddos to Rye Playland this weekend. When I was a teenager, the first time I dealt with obesity, I couldn't fit on the Dragon Coaster and had to get off. It was crowded and I was humiliated. My daughter asked me to ride with her and I explained that this coaster was built in 1928 when people were a lot smaller and mom might not fit, so dad might have to step in. But surprise, surprise -- bar closed and an old demon was banished.

Crying into my tea...

CONGRATS!!!!!!

Edited by GreenTealael

4 minutes ago, YeahOkay31 said:

I'd give you ten :780_sparkling_heart:s if I could!

56 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

I can now wear rings on my thumbs if I want, my fingers have de-puffed. So why complain? The rest of my body is lagging behind! Having fingers now like twigs is very nice, but I still have a rump wide enough to show drive-in movies. I kinda envy the girls with noassatall disease, nobody come,up and pinches them.
What I think I look like🙋
What they seem to think 🐷

I guess we're polar opposites. My fingers are still fat and I've got no a$$! Belly's still hangin' in there, though :( And, no, nobody but my hubby thinks to come up and pinch my butt (and he's under obligation!)

Edited by Orchids&Dragons

On 8/11/2018 at 3:04 PM, KCRogers2012 said:

I was shopping yesterday, looking in the clearance section for clothing, and a saleswoman stopped me and said, “Are you shopping for yourself? Because if so, those clothes won’t fit you. You need to shop over on that side of the store,” and she pointed me away from plus sizes to regular and petite sizes. She was right. I’m a size 10-12 now, but I keep forgetting! 😊

I keep doing this too!! I'm down to a 14 now, so I don't need to be in the plus size, but I feel like an impostor when I take 14s into the dressing room. Wow. Our minds are scary things sometimes aren't they?

2 hours ago, AllyJonesVSG said:

I keep doing this too!! I'm down to a 14 now, so I don't need to be in the plus size, but I feel like an impostor when I take 14s into the dressing room. Wow. Our minds are scary things sometimes aren't they?

One of my recent support groups talked about addiction transference, in particular, shopping. I was thinking how easy it would be to become addicted to shopping, considering the fact that, with incredibly rare exceptions, I can walk into almost any store and buy almost any item of clothing they sell in my size.

5 minutes ago, abefroman329 said:

One of my recent support groups talked about addiction transference, in particular, shopping. I was thinking how easy it would be to become addicted to shopping, considering the fact that, with incredibly rare exceptions, I can walk into almost any store and buy almost any item of clothing they sell in my size.

This might be me :blush:

6 weeks post-op,

~ I can wear my wedding band and engagement rings! Haven't been able to wear them for 3+ years!

~ I have only one pair of shoes that fit! The rest are too big for my feet now. (Unfortunately, they are not athletic shoes....need to purchase some that DO fit)

~I tried on a coat off the rack at the store yesterday and it FIT!! Zipped and everything, haven't been able to do that for a few years :)

14 minutes ago, Heather E said:

6 weeks post-op,

~ I can wear my wedding band and engagement rings! Haven't been able to wear them for 3+ years!

~ I have only one pair of shoes that fit! The rest are too big for my feet now. (Unfortunately, they are not athletic shoes....need to purchase some that DO fit)

~I tried on a coat off the rack at the store yesterday and it FIT!! Zipped and everything, haven't been able to do that for a few years :)

Wow! That's a lot of successes for 6 weeks post-op! Congrats!

On 08/13/2018 at 08:25, AllyJonesVSG said:

I totally know what you mean. I keep waiting for the person shopping next to me to tell me I’m crazy to think I can fit into a six. Even though I’m wearing a six.

We may have to change your pen name to Size SIX in Seattle, congratulations on this RSV, real scale ✌ victory!

I went shopping Saturday and bought a pair of size 20 jeans! Before starting this process, I was a solid size 28. Day of surgery I was a 24.

I remember holding up the size 20s and saying, “no way are these tiny things going to fit big old me!” But those suckers fit like a glove!

One month post op and I can’t wait for the NSVs to keep coming. 😄

As of this week, I am obese! No longer morbidly obese.

I have lost the equivalent of my 5year old. (Lost the equivalent of my 2year old a while ago). Can sometimes shop in regular sizes. Not all the time yet, but only 3 months postop.

Next goal: weigh what is on my driver's license, then onederland!

On 08/13/2018 at 13:56, abefroman329 said:

Yes! With needing all new clothes and new found ability to wear more clothes it’s so easy to get addicted!

Looking forward to just THIS KIND of victory, I'll get my anti-shopping therapy when I can afford it!