Ɨ
Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

11 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

HEY Abe, I have been meaning to aske- Did youršŸ‘¶ son arrive safe and sound in July 2018 ? I believe that was when he was expected!

Abe posted a wonderful pic on his profile!

Drat being on the phone app, it doesn't show up! And no not all babies look the same, mine three were pretty cute and I suspect yours were also. Just thought if Abe shaved his beard the baby and hešŸ‘Ø&šŸ‘¶ probably looked even more alike than in the beginnning

We are going on vacation in September, Iā€™ve been on the hunt for some cool, comfortable dresses. My NSV is that I can buy small and medium sizes now. I even bought a small for my tankini bottoms. Small! Omg.

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

image-0.00309944152832031.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

So I know this is dumb but Iā€™m pretty sure I spotted collar bones in a pic from last weekends girls getaway!! Also I am ok being pictured in a bathing suit!!

My top 12 (In no particular order)

1. Diabetes in complete remission
  2. Sitting in booths
  3. Not worrying if I will fit if I need to use a public restroom
  4. Boundless energy
  5. Fitting in a chair with armrest - getting out of it without it being stuck to my a$$
  6. Not avoiding my photo being taken
  7. Everything I do is easier
  8. No pain (Knee, feet, back ....)
  9. Going from a 48" wait to 34"
  10. Having to remove 4 links from my watch band
  11. This conversation - Me: "Honey, did you pick me up anything while you were at the clothing store?" Wife: "NO. I'm afraid to buy you clothes because they will be too big by the time I get them home!"
  12. This picture VVVVV

1 Year 2018.png

Edited by JConforti

21 minutes ago, JConforti said:

My top 12 (In no particular order)

1. Diabetes in complete remission
  2. Sitting in booths
  3. Not worrying if I will fit if I need to use a public restroom
  4. Boundless energy
  5. Fitting in a chair with armrest - getting out of it without it being stuck to my a$$
  6. Not avoiding my photo being taken
  7. Everything I do is easier
  8. No pain (Knee, feet, back ....)
  9. Going from a 48" wait to 34"
  10. Having to remove 4 links from my watch band
  11. This conversation - Me: "Honey, did you pick me up anything while you were at the clothing store?" Wife: "NO. I'm afraid to buy you clothes because they will be too big by the time I get them home!"
  12. This picture VVVVV

1 Year 2018.png

Congrats! You look amazing! Great list!

On 08/02/2018 at 12:39, SIPS in Seattle said:

We are going on vacation in September, Iā€™ve been on the hunt for some cool, comfortable dresses. My NSV is that I can buy small and medium sizes now. I even bought a small for my tankini bottoms. Small! Omg.

image-0.00500679016113281.jpg

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

Those dresses are super cute! And you donā€™t even look like youā€™ve had WLS....you look awesome! Enjoy your vacation.

@JConforti Thanks for posting and BIG CONGRATS to you sir. My starting weight is quite a bit more than yours but height and goal weight are pretty spot on. I love seeing posts like this. Such an inspiration and does wonders for my motivation. Almost a year apart from our surgeries as well. Just great to see.

On 08/02/2018 at 10:29, Heather_A said:

Those dresses are super cute! And you donā€™t even look like youā€™ve had WLS....you look awesome! Enjoy your vacation.
Thanks! I carry everything in my belly, and Iā€™m hiding it all under that soft flowing material. Wish I could wear Spanx but it just makes me physically ill to be squeezed like a slug in a straw.

2 minutes ago, SIPS in Seattle said:

squeezed like a slug in a straw

Now that's a visual I can't get out of my head! :lol:

6 minutes ago, J San said:

@JConforti Thanks for posting and BIG CONGRATS to you sir. My starting weight is quite a bit more than yours but height and goal weight are pretty spot on. I love seeing posts like this. Such an inspiration and does wonders for my motivation. Almost a year apart from our surgeries as well. Just great to see.

Congratulations to you and welcome to the bench. Thank you for your kind words. If you should ever want or need to talk - Get in touch. It is very gratifying to me when my success is motivation or in some way helps others.

Remember to always focus on how far you've come.

Edited by JConforti

I had a NSV today! I went for a walk at work and it didnā€™t suck! Iā€™m only a few weeks post-op but itā€™s crazy the positive effects Iā€™m already noticing.

On 8/2/2018 at 11:04 AM, Frustr8 said:

HEY Abe, I have been meaning to aske- Did youršŸ‘¶ son arrive safe and sound in July 2018 ? I believe that was when he was expected!

Yes, he arrived on July 8. Here is a picture of us from this morning:

495886A6-BE0F-4121-A1B2-3E1013A5E9F5.jpeg