Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

Ha ha .... thanks @Frustr8 but there will be no pics! I don't think I will ever stop hating pics of myself!

So phase 1 close clean out was done a month ago .... 29 pairs of pants, work slacks and jeans gone. I already went done a size, so a new smaller pair of slacks now gone too. I am left with 2 pairs of work slacks, one which fits great, one which fits loosley, and one pair of getting loose jeans.

Phase 2 just complete .... 47 dresses, two blazers, 3 skirts, and 18 belts gone. I have left 23 dresses that are either wrap around, or I'm hoping I can still pull off with a belt and a padded bra and 1 I bought recently and is starting to become loose. I also kept a few favorites that I may get altered down the road. Knowing me though, I'll probably just want to buy new in styles I haven't been able to pull off in the past. Oh and I can't wait to maybe wear a skirt and blazer and not feel like a big boxy blob!

Phase 3 tops ... I'm waiting on that right now .... just too daunting for today!

Reading so many clothes ones, I’ll add: I have bought a few nicer smaller pantiesover the last year as I lost. But my old cotton ones still sort of worked so I didn’t overhaul them. Now that I can wear actual dresses without longline “shorts” under them to protect the chafing thighs, I PUT ON ONE OF THE OLD PANTIES AND IT WAS FALLING DOWN under the dress! So I ordered as a surgiversary gift a whole set of new undies and the others are trashed as soon as the new ones arrive!

Another NSV from today: I found out that working out flattens the earth. I walked my daughter up to her first day of camp. Same place as last year. I had to hike up this hill to her group. Same area this year, but no hot sweaty hike up the hill.... I didn’t even realize it was slightly uphill. It was Everest last year; this year it’s as easy to walk as a flat sidewalk. Yeah!

Today: put on a pair of pants that two weeks ago didn’t button and they buttoned! (These are pants that I pulled out of omg long term storage a few weeks ago).

I also had to replace bras today and snagged a few pairs of capris as I’m out of summer clothes. If I stay at my current rate they should last thru the summer.

Best clothes one: I fit in a dress I haven’t worn in 8+ years. I was hoping I would as I have a wedding in 3 weeks and I adore this dress. Although if I keep at this rate it may be too big.

This weekend should be a full closet purge 2.0.

Ooo! I like that one! ^^ I have a wedding to go to as well. For the first time in a LONG time I was excited to go shopping for a dress.

I have lost just enough weight to not look like a blob anymore. I actually have a little shape now! Sometimes it is the small things.

walked past some "yummies" in the baking aisle.

after 6+ years, i still have to yell at myself, not to buy.

i always win the argument!!:)

kathy

On a business trip, went to a rooftop bar with coworkers. One of the guys finds the stairs and heads on up, and we're following, and on the fourth flight my (very slim) coworker stops to catch her breath and I realize: I'm not panting at all. I'm not sweating, I'm not needing a break, I can very easily walk up another flight to the roof bar and won't need any time to recover or ANYTHING.

And I'm doing it in 4 inch platforms.

I mowed the lawn. Haven’t done that in years and it was a breeze... nice NSV in what appears to be a hopefully short lived plateau.

I wore a skirt/top set to work today that I was hoping to get into by the end of the summer!

I realized something today, making healthy choices at the grocery store has become so easy. I've been doing it consistently for months now without even thinking about it.

I have started weaning out clothes, not fast enough for Tomkitten, his current mantra is "Pitch It Pitch It You know it won't fit" Why do I hold back? Because,i still don't have a date confirmation, the scars of February,stiil pull and sting, once i,have that elusive date, I promised him I will. I know in my head it will happen, but my❤of❤is still scared. Anyhoo,i found a nice denim Size 24 👗 won't go down over my round rump roast😪 but I plan that it will. I'll start,up with a lower case nsv and the BIG NSV will surely,follow!😛

10 minutes ago, Frustr8 said:

I have started weaning out clothes, not fast enough for Tomkitten, his current mantra is "Pitch It Pitch It You know it won't fit" Why do I hold back? Because,i still don't have a date confirmation, the scars of February,stiil pull and sting, once i,have that elusive date, I promised him I will. I know in my head it will happen, but my❤of❤is still scared. Anyhoo,i found a nice denim Size 24 👗 won't go down over my round rump roast😪 but I plan that it will. I'll start,up with a lower case nsv and the BIG NSV will surely,follow!😛

You're braver than me! I couldn't think about cleaning out clothes until after the surgery was done. And even at that, I still haven't cleared out any winter clothes, although since I had my surgery in Feb, I knew they wouldn't fit next winter.