Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Non Scale Victories

Scratching my back... those hard to reach itchies, I can totally scratch my entire back myself now. Amazing.

At a restaurant on Saturday, I got seated next to a column. I could slide into my seat without even thinking about it. YEAH!

Yeah Baby! Oh I have a Christian type joke for you! Lady appears at the Gates of Heaven. Saint Peter says" Before I open these gates I must know if you know Our Savior, the Son of GOD? Lady says Oh Saint Peter,yes I do and we are on a first name basis. Saint Peter says Oh yes, and what might his name be? Lady says Yes his name is Andy. Saint Peter says Andy? Lady says if course:
Andy walks with me
Andy talks with me
Andy tells me I am his own!
Great NSV I am looking for the day I can bend straight over, tie my shoes and not get dizzy.

Good NSV the other day. I had my first physical since the surgery and the DR was very pleased. Blood Pressure was great, pulse was great and I was down 96 lbs since seeing them last. First 'good' physical I've had in 15+ years where it didn't end with the DR making dire predictions about my health if I didn't lose weight.

👍Lose Big! You are rocking this weight loss.

3 hours ago, Frustr8 said:

👍Lose Big! You are rocking this weight loss.

Thanks! As my DR said shortly I'll be in the hardest part of all this - maintenance!

i was on a couple blood pressure meds before and i used to take my blood pressure every day, sometimes more than once a day.

after my WLS i was taken off all blood pressure meds but i continued to take my blood pressure daily for a while out of habit i guess.

now some 10 months later i hadn't taken it in a while and this week i pulled out the old cuff and well about ****.

i got a reading of 105/70 now understand i know that is fine but i have never in my life had a number that low

i was always that guy right at the border of too high then one day i was over the border and making a run for it :)

so i have been checking it to make sure it wasn't just a fluke and its within a few points every time.

i was just happy to stop the meds never really considered just how much it would improve.

Gosh how wonderful that is! I had a kid come up to me and ask "Are you fat or a woman?: although I may not ever see little Mr Smartmouth again, it would be a NSV not to field such questions again. See I always felt like I was cute inside it has been troubling to to be making the outside match!😭😪

So I haven't had many people who don't know about my surgery say anything about my weight loss. But I had a funny one yesterday, of all people, my gardener!

only a few of us on Bariatric Pal can say that,i vote that a bono fide NSV!👍

I had a NSV tonight that made me smile...my bath towel wrapped all the way around me without any gaps

9 hours ago, Charity G said:

I had a NSV tonight that made me smile...my bath towel wrapped all the way around me without any gaps

Nice! Definitely an underrated benefit! I really love being able to wrap up in a normal sized towel now so cozy

When I went into Walmart to get sugar free Popsicles today, stopped to pick up a few pair of inexpensive athletic shorts for when my currently baggy shorts became too sloppy (probably a couple weeks from now). I grabbed several pair of Size Larges. Tried them on when I got home...in a couple weeks, they’ll be my “too baggy” shorts!!!  They fit perfectly right now!

1) Being able to go in most stores and find my size!
2) Not feeling sick and tired all the time! I have so much more energy now.