Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Regrets, I feel like Gastric Sleeve Surgery has been the biggest mistake of my life

Hang in there and remember why you did the surgery. This is a lifelong journey and ultimately these few days will be a blink of an eye in the rest of your healthy life. Wishing you speedy recovery and strength.

Have they helped you identify the source of your pain? For example, I had no surgical incision pain, but my gas pain was off the chart. Plus, the meds gave me a reaction, and my IV blew, which was also painful every time they added something to my IV.

If it's gas, can you lie on your left side, or lie over the edge of the bed? Pull your knees up? Laying on my left side was a life saver for me. My gas pain would go from a 10 to a 0 in a matter of a few farts. Seriously, gas pain is no joke and when I first started having it, I had to ask if something was wrong, and they said nope, just gas.

I hope you find relief soon and am home with your boys. God bless!

Sent from my XT1254 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so sorry!!!!! I hope these issues are resolved soon. I had a really rough 12 weeks. But I’m now 14 months out and happier than I ever have been in my entire life. For the first four weeks I cried every day, I was in pain I was scared, I was miserable. I’m not in your situation, don’t know how you’re feeling, I don’t know all that you’re struggling with I can’t tell you with 100 percent certainty that you’re going to be OK. But I will tell you for most of us who had a really rough first few months, most of us have gotten past it and are happier than ever.

Sending you the biggest hug and a ton of support. I wish I could be there right with you and help.

Edited by LittleLizzieLilliput

Hang in there! sometimes we do our best healing at home. You will get there, and you will be healthier for it.

Hang in there. Ask for 1000m of tylenol in the IV.

Hang in there my friend. I had my surgery this morning and am pretty sore, but doing ok. Keep your head up!!!

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Hope you are feeling some relief. You have an amazing group of people her to support you through this difficult time. It’s natural to have the thoughts you were having about remaining fat because of the complications most of us have felt something similar through the process or we wouldn’t be here. I’m 8 days post op and I keep telling myself that each day will get better and it will all be worth it. And each day has gotten better so far.

HW 270

CW 239

SW 242.8

GW 135

DS Surgery date -12-8-17

I’m 42 and 5’2”

On 12/17/2017 at 4:28 PM, stacie304 said:

I’m sorry you are going through this. My surgery is scheduled the 27th and I’m 90% sure I’m going to cancel it. I’m terrified of complications. I hope things get better.

I'm sorry you feel that way! Complications are very rare <3

First I want to give you a big hug. I know exactly what you’re going through, the only difference is as soon as I take a percocet I feel better. But I literally have to take it every 4 hours. I had RNY on Thursday and had to stay until Sunday. And even then I fibbed and said I was able to drink 4 ounces, but to this day I cannot do it. I regretted it so much because I’m in constant pain and discomfort. And let’s not talk about the nausea. Hopefully it gets better for you. Please keep us updated.

12 hours ago, ewilliams4491 said:

First I want to give you a big hug. I know exactly what you’re going through, the only difference is as soon as I take a percocet I feel better. But I literally have to take it every 4 hours. I had RNY on Thursday and had to stay until Sunday. And even then I fibbed and said I was able to drink 4 ounces, but to this day I cannot do it. I regretted it so much because I’m in constant pain and discomfort. And let’s not talk about the nausea. Hopefully it gets better for you. Please keep us updated.

Are you still having regrets? Is your Fluid intake any better? How many ounces are you actually getting in?

Are you still having regrets? Is your Fluid intake any better? How many ounces are you actually getting in?

I can take in 16 ounces a day but I have to take a percocet before I even try to drink any Water. And I take my pain pills every 4 hours.

As one that had a prolonged stay I feel your pain, but do know that it will get better! My supposed to be 3 day stay turned into almost a week thanks to my spleen springing a leak on day 3 and putting me into ICU for 2 days (and still a day and half in the hospital afterwards). I went through the same thing of thinking I made a big mistake. The first few weeks were tough...I won't lie. After that things got better and they will for you as well. I'm almost to my one year anniversary and feel that it was the best thing I ever did despite having the initial problems.

Hope you're doing better at this point!

Praying for you now. It will get better! You will feel like a new person in a few months.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 172.8 GW 135

Praying for you now. It will get better! You will feel like a new person in a few months.

Mich W
Hw 223, SW 217 CW 172.8 GW 135

53 minutes ago, ewilliams4491 said:

I can take in 16 ounces a day but I have to take a percocet before I even try to drink any Water. And I take my pain pills every 4 hours.

Have you spoken to your doctors about this? I think that they should know, because you're not getting enough fluids and you don't want to get dehydrated. I'm so sorry you're going through this, you're making me afraid to have the surgery. I was December 18th but I moved my surgery to March 18th.