Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Could Someone 'Splain This To Me?

Always respect your haters- they are the ones who think you are better than them!

On 12/27/2018 at 1:51 PM, mousecat88 said:

Oh snap. This is an old thread and I walked into some drama. EXITING. LMAO.

Bwahahaha! @mousecat88, I actually am quite drama-free, but I guess there is a first time for everything!

The hypocrisy with a dose of soapbox standing was just too much (as well as the 80+ thread responses and 2500+ views without anyone addressing that comment until that eventful day)😆😂😒!!

Turning the light off and slowly backing out of the room...

12 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

I agree

Thank you, @GreenTealael.

I am left to assume that they agree as well, given that all I got back were retorts, sophomoric insults (are we still in kindergarten?!), and a threat to leave BP (to her own detriment)...still no answers!

I used a top-rated surgeon at a top-rated hospital. We had ONE group meeting with about 30 people with a nutritionist who spent the time pushing one brand of Vitamins and products. They said they didn't sell the products yet after the surgery I found out they actually work for the supplement company. We received one stapled packet of info, most of it enlargements of the nutrition labels of the supplement company they "didn't sell for." So our group knew the ingredients of that one product line but not a whole lot about the surgery. I woke up with a drain and had no idea what it was or what it was for. The hospital provided a typed paragraph reminding me to dump it regularly when I left. I had to Google a lot. Real nutrition classes and meetings with a nurse should have been provided. The fake required class was nearly $200 cash. No surgeon follow up only a few minutes to pull out the drain. So in my case my insurance covered top-rated surgeon's lack of support and program would force me not to recommend him to anyone I knew personally. Some of us have to self-educate more than others. Labeling someone as stupid is unkind and speaks of your character, not theirs.

2 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Bwahahaha! @mousecat88, I actually am quite drama-free, but I guess there is a first time for everything!

The hypocrisy with a dose of soapbox standing was just too much (as well as the 80+ thread responses and 2500+ views without anyone addressing that comment until that eventful day)😆😂😒!!

Turning the light off and slowly backing out of the room...

Thank you, @GreenTealael.

I am left to assume that they agree as well, given that all I got back were retorts, sophomoric insults (are we still in kindergarten?!), and a threat to leave BP (to her own detriment)...still no answers!

I just think that political views are landmines and this shouldn't be a warzone.

We're all already fighting something.

On 12/31/2018 at 10:21, GreenTealael said:

I just think that political views are landmines and this shouldn't be a warzone.

Agreed, which is why I wanted it to stop and forever let that discussion end.

I think it has been accomplished!

My doctors program is pretty clear and they gave me a large booklet that spelled everything out. Even with that I have watched a ton of videos and read about what other people eat. I really think I’m going to follow my booklet to the letter because my doc has been doing this for 17 years and I trust his expertise. I’m also paranoid about ulcers etc so hopefully I can stick to it. I can’t even begin to imagine not knowing what to eat after the surgery, that just seems too scary!

23 hours ago, GreenTealael said:

Hahaha. Just what the hell happened here? LOL. There's BLOOD everywhere! ;) (J/K...nobody needs to fill me in...Ima skip it all and hopefully the thread will die again. Damn You Necro-posting!)

I've been reading and researching all different surgeons and the different surgery's available plus reading numerous pages on this website before I even start the process but I've spoken to 2 of the top surgeons in my state in Australia and it seems all they require is 2 or 3 consultations and maybe a dietitian appointment but it doesn't sound like there's any mandatory people to see, also I prefer to do my own research than paying for nutritionist or dietitian or any psychologists to try control my decision.

The only prerequisite in Australia is that we wait out the initial 12 months membership before they will pay for the surgery but even then I'll still be out of pocket about 4K for the gap.

I've been told I'll have to do a 2-3wk Liquid Protein diet before surgery and possibly monthly check ups pre-surgery but seems like they allow us to take charge of our destiny.

In my state there's only actually 4or5 actual surgeons to work with anyway and I've chosen the one that chooses not to charge for all the "added extras" and basically leaves that up to the individual if they want to see psychologist or any dietitian once they have surgery because that will be out of pocket for me anyway because I ONLY got the insurance for the surgery because in Australia we have public Medicare which covers general doctors and medical issues like I've never paid to see a GP in my life :)

So yeah I'll be trawling this website religiously whilst I wait out the months needed to get the surgery!

i think I've narrowed it down to 2 local surgeons and I'll have to make an appointment soon to see exactly what they have to say :)

I would have to agree with you. I am self pay and going out of the country and I am just as up to date on what will be going on before, during & after! Then I see posts asking the same question. Maybe they don’t read what is given to them. I am not sure but, I do know I want to ask them WHAT DO YOU THINK?? Oh well, glad I’m not one of those. Ha. Have a great day.