Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr. Illian or Dr. Maytorena

I am researching doctors to perform gastric sleeve on my daughter. I have narrowed it down to Dr. Illian and Dr. Maytorena. I need help making a decision between the two. Can those of you who have used either of these doctors give me some insight as to who I should choose? I don't know much about Dr. Maytorena's facility.

I too researched Drs for 3 months and Dr Illian made my top 2. I then joined a private fb page of his patients and after a couple of weeks watching the interaction and support given by the Dr and staff I was sold on him and his facility. Not to mention all of those who sang his praises. I had surgery in Sept and it was a amazing experience. I was treated like a queen by the staff and the hospital was amazing!! With choosing Dr Illian you can not go wrong!!!

My insurance would not cover the bypass so I knew I had to research other options. During my research I came across Dr. Illian and bariatricpal mx. After much consideration this is who I chose. I had surgery on March 20, 2017 and would choose him again in a heartbeat. Not only is he an amazing surgeon with the best bedside manner I have ever encountered, Bariatricpal has the best employees that help you with every aspect of the process. They are amazing and I have since gone back through them and had plastics. I give him a 10 out of 10

I'm a nurse and did extensive research. Dr. Illan was amazing and I was very happy. He treats you like family and his people are excellent!

I am researching doctors to perform gastric sleeve on my daughter. I have narrowed it down to Dr. Illian and Dr. Maytorena. I need help making a decision between the two. Can those of you who have used either of these doctors give me some insight as to who I should choose? I don't know much about Dr. Maytorena's facility.

Feel free to ask any questions about the surgical procedure, we can schedule a phone call or facetime chat.

I went to Dr Illian. Had an amazing experience! I would go back to him in a heart beat! I'll be 2 years out in March and down 100# no complications!

I was in your shoes about this time last year - our insurance doesn't cover any bariatric procedures - and I ended up looking in Mexico mainly based on price. I had a friend who had used a dr near El Paso, TX - and really liked him - but he was pretty expensive - at least in my opinion. I did a little research on the Bariatric Pal forums and could find nothing even remotely troubling about Dr. Illan - and his price was one of the lowest I found. Long story short, I had my procedure this past January and was 100% satisfied - I've lost around 80 pounds - so happy that my wife is coming back in a couple of months to have the same thing done with Dr Illan - he's great, the facility is great, his whole team is fantastic, and the whole group that makes up BariatricPal MX is top-notch. If you pick them, you can put your mind at ease -and start shopping for smaller clothes!