Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

9 minutes ago, JukeboxJess said:

Is anyone else tired of talking about it with friends? I feel like I made a mistake telling so many people... I keep getting asked what I can eat now, and do I feel like I have more energy, and my face looks thinner, are my clothes feeling looser?!
I mean, the compliments are fine, but I am not used to talking about these things... Also, I'm scared to venture beyond soft foods too much. I also haven't noticed the scale moving much lately... I try to only check once a week.
I don't know, I'm just tired of dedicating so much of my life to thinking about food!

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app

I was worried about what everyone els would think so I decided to keep the amount of people I told to a minimum, however I do get many questions about my clothing being big and my face slimming out. Because of this I stopped posting pics and kind of stay in the house. Don't worry about the scale, it will drive you nuts! If you're concerned with not losing weight or the scale not changing just remember 60 grams of Protein and 64 oz of Water. Also depending on how far along you are post op you may need to take in more calories. I completely understand how you feel thinking about food. Figure out when you think about it and replace it with a game or anything that changes your thought at the time. Good luck!

11 hours ago, DaleAnn said:

You should try chicken

That is one of my staples right now actually. I put chicken breast in food processor and pulse a few times - makes it really small like crumbs almost, then add low fat mayo and a little salt and pepper. Make enough for the week, then every night for dinner have 1/3 c (all I can eat of it right now) with one TBS unflavored Protein Powder for the added boost. It is really filling. I've been trying to have something different at each meal to mix things up - especially since multi-vitamins make me feel sick and I'm using the Patches (unsure how well they are absorbed), but I guess I could try having it for lunch also. It does seem like the more choices you have, the more you tend to eat. I've always felt that way, even when dieting in the past...

10 hours ago, Ready_4_Relief said:

He then proceeded to tell me if it doesn't get better I will have to have the bypass surgery. I'm super nervous!

Oh my gosh, good luck with everything, and let us know how it's going please!

Is anyone else tired of talking about it with friends? I feel like I made a mistake telling so many people... I keep getting asked what I can eat now, and do I feel like I have more energy, and my face looks thinner, are my clothes feeling looser?!
I mean, the compliments are fine, but I am not used to talking about these things... Also, I'm scared to venture beyond soft foods too much. I also haven't noticed the scale moving much lately... I try to only check once a week.
I don't know, I'm just tired of dedicating so much of my life to thinking about food!

Sent from my Pixel using BariatricPal mobile app

Yes! Personally people looked at me like I was disabled when I would tell them no I can’t eat that for lunch (typically McDonald’s, KFC, anything with grease) I rarely even hang out with the so called friends I used to have since their lives have been dedicated around food apparently that I no longer get talked to or invited. I see it as you keep doing what you have to for yourself! Talk about it if you want to and don’t if you don’t want to.

Btw I’m on soft foods too and am scared as well.

Good luck!

I am 12/26! I have a service dog who is well trained - a true service dog- so she goes away for her intensive training a few weeks after surgery. I have her for an auto immune condition that flares when I am stressed - I am worried about her being away - while I am going back to work etc - she will be gone 12 weeks.

image-0.00298023223876953.jpg

I’m just scared I won’t be able to keep anything down and will be nauseated all the time. And getting dehydrated scares me too. I have anxiety as it is so I worry anyway.

I got sleeved last week and everything went very well. The doctor did a lot to prevent me from getting sick..just pay attention to your body. Take the pain meds.. they put an anti- nausea patch behind my ear and gave me Zofran..which helped a lot. Drink very slow. It's a big adjustment..set a timer for every minutes to drink your fluids to not get dehydrated.

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am 2 yrs post sleeve. I was scared too and had some anxiety but all for nothing! It is the best thing I have done for my life. It was so good with the surgery that I thought some thing was wrong. I felt so good I could not believe it. Only had some gas pain which went away when you walk it off. Had no problems with swallowing at all.
Did everything by the book. I have lost 110lbs.
No more meds! Health is good!!
So don't fear!! It will go well. Just do what you are told.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using BariatricPal mobile app

I am super prone to nausea so was really worried about recovery as well. I never had any vomiting and only had mild nausea a handful of times - months into recovery & usually when trying new food phases. Not everyone gets sick and the meds are helpful if you do. Don't worry (I mean, you will, obviously) but you got this!

Oops, I forgot, I have found ice chips and Wint-O-Green Lifesavers to be helpful w/any nausea/upset stomach, especially after eating!

On 12/13/2017 at 11:26 PM, Lotte22 said:

Anyone scheduled for sleeve in late Dec? Mine is on Dec 26, and I’d love to be in touch with others going through it with me.

Had mine on the 20th! :)

Today makes a year since I got my sleeve done and I’ve lost 135 pounds! I’m the happiest I’ve been in years and this was the best decision I’ve ever made. Good luck to anyone going through the process now. It truly is worth it!

Today makes a year since I got my sleeve done and I’ve lost 135 pounds! I’m the happiest I’ve been in years and this was the best decision I’ve ever made. Good luck to anyone going through the process now. It truly is worth it!
Thanks for the update and the encouraging words!! Your progress is amazing. I had my sleeve done 12/20

Sent from my SM-N950U using BariatricPal mobile app

So how are you faring@ RiseUp? Ready to start your bright new 2019 with your renovations in place?