Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

I too am able to sleep on my side, with a small pillow up against me. Congrats to you for your great progress. I have had some discomfort when drinking even if I wait the 30 mins before or after a meal. Still sipping slowly.

I had my sleeve done on the 27th. So far gas pains have been the worst. I took a stool softener last night before going to bed and that helped me a lot. I was able to sleep the whole night for the first time since surgery. I haven’t vomited yet and have been able to get down Clear Liquids like crystal light and G2 fine. I start the stage II diet today and think I’m going to start with Protein Shakes.

Congrats and welcome to the group. Take it easy today. Today was the first time since my surgery, I woke up feeling nauseated. I hadn't eaten or drank anything. Not sure why that was...I had been trying to piece the sensations together. What I have come up with is the uncomfortable sensations I am getting are like a rolling from my esophagus to my belly button. Kind of like those massage chairs at the mall when you select that feature and it rolls slowly down your spine. This is what happens when I drink to quickly. I still can't tell when I have a full feeling so I suppose that's good because I have heard that isn't such a nice thing to have to experience. Well be sure to walk a little.

Congrats and welcome to the group. Take it easy today. Today was the first time since my surgery, I woke up feeling nauseated. I hadn't eaten or drank anything. Not sure why that was...I had been trying to piece the sensations together. What I have come up with is the uncomfortable sensations I am getting are like a rolling from my esophagus to my belly button. Kind of like those massage chairs at the mall when you select that feature and it rolls slowly down your spine. This is what happens when I drink to quickly. I still can't tell when I have a full feeling so I suppose that's good because I have heard that isn't such a nice thing to have to experience. Well be sure to walk a little.

I haven’t been wanting to eat anything! No cravings or nothing. I know I have to drink a Protein Shake today and I’m not looking forward to it. Had my surgery 2 days ago.

Same here I really am not hungry however as far as cravings go I have to say maybe it just has to do with my mind knowing what normally gets eaten around this time of year. I found myself daydreaming about the Breakfast Frittata, gumbo, black eyed peas, cornbread, greens, potato salad, pork chops, lol well you get the picture as all these things are my family traditions. I believe my new calling may have to be that of a full time chef. As long as I am preparing food I have no desire to eat. I get more joy and excitement out of others experiencing and enjoying it.

Hi, i had mine on 12/26. It’s been pretty rough. I didn’t realize how much I was going to miss food.

Edited by Jbrava24

I miss food too. I’m not hungry, but I have a hard time sipping my Protein Shake while my family eats delicious, balanced meals. It’s even worse that I am still the one making their meals. Just today I’ve made apple/banana oatmeal with yogurt, a chicken sandwich with avocado, popcorn, and for dinner I made chicken sausage and spinach orzo. Man, that’s tough!!! But I keep telling myself that I’m only 1 month I can eat with my family again, only smaller portions. Think how fast a month goes by. That thought is giving me strength. Hang in there!!

Lotte I am usually the cook for my 16 year old and since I've started this I really haven't been preparing him much of anything which is horrible because the kid is mostly eating junk. I am patiently...not so patiently waiting until I can get back to preparing healthy meals. My food choices were never the issue really. I think the way and times at which I ate was my problem along with portion. Don't get me wrong I do have my vices such as Peach Cobbler or Cake but that was not an all the time thing thank goodness and after I had it the craving was gone. Any way until I get to the point where I can do that safely I've been thinking of making my own healthier versions of sweets such as Protein Bars with dates, cranberries, raisins etc which will satisfy that for now when I can eat them.

Had my VSG Thursday the 28. No problems with keeping liquids down. On stage 2 with Protein Drinks and doing fine.
My biggest problem is left shoulder and rib pain. Wet towel and heating pad do help but when it’s starts to seize up it hurts pretty bad. Made it to the shower today. Can’t wait for what’s to come!!!!

I am currently incorporating Protein Shakes in with my clear liquids. I’m not missing food and don’t really have an appetite. I have to remind myself to eat. The only pain I have is nausea every once in a while. Can’t wait for it to go away.

Surgery 26th. I was an overeater, and this morning I had two bites of yogurt and felt full, I thought it tasted so good, I'll have another bite. Big mistake, nausea ensued, and I have learned I have to put my food away when I am through. I realized when they talk about head hunger, and old habits, it's going to be hard, but I haven't come this far to screw it up. So, this might sound strange, but my head and I are going to have conversations all the time, and hopefully, my old thoughts will change to this new way. It's a battle, I used food since I was little to comfort me, but I know I can do it with the support of all of you. Just sore today, glad we are all in this together.

Hi everyone. I had my gastric sleeve surgery on 12/26, and for the most part I am feeling okay. I feel like today I have had a dip in my energy level, and am wondering if the low calorie count with stage 2 foods is catching up with me a bit. I just feel sleepy, and so I am having a lazy day. I think I will try to get out on a walk with my kids later this afternoon, just to stay active.

So far I have been relying on chicken bone broth, bipro Protein Water, and Protein Shakes as my main Protein sources, but in the last day, my nurse practitioner cleared me for stage 2 foods, so I have tried cottage cheese, sweet potato blended with broth and a little spice mix, and even a little Decaf coffee with Lactaid milk. I have to eat really slow. When I think about how fast I ate in the past, it is a trip! In fact my only bad reaction was drinking a cup of Water in the middle of the night, which I used to do all the time (I always wake up super thirsty at night) and it came back up. It is a totally unconscious habit, but boy did I learn my lesson!

If anyone else is having issues with the dry mouth stuff, my dad actually started using Biotene mouth wash, which really helped him because of some issues with medications causing the same problem, and it works really well! I was so glad he mentioned it while I was in the hospital, since the dry mouth was driving me nuts. I hope to hear more about your journeys, and wish all of you well.

I miss food too. I’m not hungry, but I have a hard time sipping my Protein Shake while my family eats delicious, balanced meals. It’s even worse that I am still the one making their meals. Just today I’ve made apple/banana oatmeal with yogurt, a chicken sandwich with avocado, popcorn, and for dinner I made chicken sausage and spinach orzo. Man, that’s tough!!! But I keep telling myself that I’m only 1 month I can eat with my family again, only smaller portions. Think how fast a month goes by. That thought is giving me strength. Hang in there!!

I am in the same boat, I have a two and a six year old, and the basis for many of their meals is rice, Pasta and potatoes. It is hard, but I know healthier eating habits for me will help them too. I am grateful that my husband is off for holiday break right now, and can cook for them more--at least at the beginning.

@Lotte22 my surgery date was also Dec. 26th.

How are y iu feeling? Has your gas gone away? Liquids are going down easier as the days go by. My doc has me on the 3week liquid diet. So excited!

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app