Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Late December Sleevers?

7 hours ago, Sullie06 said:

Just wanted to say good luck to all of you. I'm a late December sleever and coming up on my 1 year anniversary of my sleeve (12/30) so I was experiencing all you are now, last year. You will do great and it's completely worth it. Just listen to your body, sip sip sip and follow your surgeons plan to a T.

Thank you for your encouragement! You're starting weight is about where I started as well. Your post made me feel so much better because you're about the same height as i am! You're really inspiring.!

I actually made my husband take over meals for my kids during my pre-op (which was only 4 days) and then during a couple months post op. It was actually easier post-op because in the early days I had no desire to eat.

Just now, Brittanyblue said:

Thank you for your encouragement! You're starting weight is about where I started as well. Your post made me feel so much better because you're about the same height as i am! You're really inspiring.!

Thank You Brittany! This site was so helpful to me early out so if I want to do something for someone else. You will do great, it's a process and it's tough at first but it gets better with each passing day.

I'm scheduled for the 26th also. Good luck for both of us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I had my surgery yesterday. The gas pain is awful and morphine can’t touch it. But otherwise I’m going ok. Just really sore. I get to drink some liquids today. We’ll see how that goes? Swallowing saliva burns my stomach, so I’m a little nervous about drinking. But my mouth is sooooooo dry, I’m also looking forward to it. How are you guys doing? For those of you scheduled for today or tomorrow, good luck!!

Just had my surgery on the 26th. Not having much pain but i am have gas pains and very tired. Just taking ice chips now and going very slow. So far so good

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using BariatricPal mobile app

I had mine on the 20th. Pain and nausea were much worse than I was prepared for, but now things are much better in that department. I was only in the hospital for about 24 hours and had great care while I was there. Down 17 lbs so far! I also started buying smaller clothes through Woot and Groupon deals, but I’m not quite there yet (my wife also bought me a Ross gift card for Christmas). Can’t wait to see what the second week brings!

5 hours ago, Lotte22 said:

I had my surgery yesterday. The gas pain is awful and morphine can’t touch it. But otherwise I’m going ok. Just really sore. I get to drink some liquids today. We’ll see how that goes? Swallowing saliva burns my stomach, so I’m a little nervous about drinking. But my mouth is sooooooo dry, I’m also looking forward to it. How are you guys doing? For those of you scheduled for today or tomorrow, good luck!!

The dry mouth gets better once you’re off the IV drip and drinking fluids. Everything gets a little better each day, I promise!

December 29 is my day! Today and tomorrow (12/27-28) are my clear liquid only days prior to surgery. Nervous about the procedure.

December 29 is my day! Today and tomorrow (12/27-28) are my clear liquid only days prior to surgery. Nervous about the procedure.

I’m home from the hospital. In considerable pain, but no vomiting so far. I’ve been planning and stressing about vsg for months. I can’t believe I did it. Now I’m just trying to get Water in (despite the dagger to my tummy feeling). I hope this gets better soon. The nurses at the hospital were all great except one who told me I don’t look big enough for this surgery in a judgmental tone. I told her it has nothing to do with my looks. I guess some people think of this as plastic surgery. I actually am content with how I look. I did this for my bones and because of my family history. But of course that’s a lot to explain to everyone.
Oh, and I’m seeing double. Did anyone else experience that after surgery???
Good luck to all of you who are having surgery this week!!

On 12/13/2017 at 10:26 PM, Lotte22 said:

Anyone scheduled for sleeve in late Dec? Mine is on Dec 26, and I’d love to be in touch with others going through it with me.

I had surgery on the 26th too. I just saw your post. I would love staying in touch, I don't have a big support group.

Dec. 26th sleeved as well. I came home with quite a bit of stomach pain. I believe partially to a bit of coughing, and laughing. Laughter is the best medicine with the exception of having your abdomen worked on. I have been given the go ahead to eat from the stage 2 menu options, Protein Shakes, 1/4 of rice or cream of wheat. I was given the green light for my meds and so far 3 tablespoons of food is what I can get down. Water intake has been slow as well.

I'm going to full liquids tomorrow. I'm keeping Water, crystal light down, although I do get nauseated if I drink to much, or too fast. My pain is on the left side, but I haven't taken a pain pill all day. I just feel wiped out, although I turn 63 next week, maybe it's my age toon too! lol. I do like to laugh too, but pain, and when I cough is the worse. At least we got through the surgery and to the losers bench.