Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help! Office Potluck!

My team at work is very... food-centric. I knew this before, and I've been doing a phenomenal job sticking to only eating what I bring. I'm almost four weeks post-op, and I didn't tell the majority of people at work (except my bosses), as I really feel like its no one else's business. But I knew it would happen sooner than later... there's a potluck scheduled for next week! Any ideas on what I can bring that I'll be able to eat but that everyone else also might enjoy? Ultimately, what I don't want is a bunch of questions about why I'm not consuming the way I used to or bringing something that everyone else won't enjoy... help!

Meatballs? cheese and crackers? What is typically served - all casseroles, appetizers, sweets?

Do something that everyone would like, maybe dip and veggies, green bean casserole, fruit tray.

At 4 weeks out, she can't have veggies n dip, she needs something she can eat. I am sure everyone else can eat what the others will bring. Quiche would be good too, if you can tolerate eggs or deviled eggs.

1 hour ago, Sosewsue61 said:

At 4 weeks out, she can't have veggies n dip, she needs something she can eat. I am sure everyone else can eat what the others will bring. Quiche would be good too, if you can tolerate eggs or deviled eggs.

Deviled eggs would be good! But oh what I wouldn't give for some raw veggies and dip... :)

59 minutes ago, Angie's_Ocean said:

How about pull apart chicken in a crock pot?

You know, I had that thought almost immediately after I posted it, so I checked the list (which was put up by my group while I was out for my surgery... we're planners, ha) and someone's already doing pulled pork. Harumph. It sounds great, but not making it myself and not knowing what the sauce is on it will probably rule that out :/

I was sleeved on 11/20 and we just had our potluck last Friday. I brought buffalo chicken meatballs. I could eat 1 and a half. :) The rest went like wildfire. They're not overly spicy and I plan to bring them again to family Christmas. For 2 meatballs, I calculated 173 cal, 15 g Protein, 14 g carb, 1 sugar and 5 g fat.

https://damndelicious.net/2014/04/30/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-meatballs/

2 minutes ago, beckyagain said:

I was sleeved on 11/20 and we just had our potluck last Friday. I brought buffalo chicken meatballs. I could eat 1 and a half. :) The rest went like wildfire. They're not overly spicy and I plan to bring them again to family Christmas. For 2 meatballs, I calculated 173 cal, 15 g Protein, 14 g carb, 1 sugar and 5 g fat.

https://damndelicious.net/2014/04/30/slow-cooker-buffalo-chicken-meatballs/

AMAZING! Thank you! This will be perfect :)

Yeah I forgot about that! I’m 8 months out and still have problems with raw veggies!

You can't go wrong with mashed potatoes. Who doesn't like mashed potatoes?

When I went on my pre surgery diet and now post op I started bringing drinks to potlucks—diet and regular coke to be exact :) people usually forget about drinks assuming people will bring their own, but on my team at least, people forget that a lot!

**oops, forgot you might be wanting to bring something you can enjoy as well. I don’t like soda but my office does, so for a couple bucks it all gets consumed and I don’t have anything to bring home! So that probably wouldn’t work if you want to be able to enjoy.

I am def going to try the Buffalo chicken meatballs!! Thanks! Also, How about Swedish meatballs warmed in crock pot? Easy and good.

I like the idea of the quiche. A soft Protein at 4 weeks is a good idea. If you haven't had much meat yet, I would hold off eating the pull apart chicken or pulled pork in public. Chicken was the first meat I tried when I was cleared for meat. Came right back up.