Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Acceptable Low Carb Snack?

Bottom line in my opinon... No I wouldnt eat them because there is not nutrientional value in them at all! Just sugar!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

11 hours ago, AshAsh1 said:

I have been wondering about these Quest Protein chips. I wanted to order them from Amazon, but wasn't sure if they have that weird after taste that some Protein Powder does.

Have you tried other flavors?

Glad you like them! I'm going to order them for sure.

Thank you! :778_heartbeat:

I would buy samples first. I like the BBQ and Cheddar flavors. Salsa does wonders for taste...

9 hours ago, niseys4 said:

I like the Quest chips as well! Ive tried all the flavors & i like the cheddar ones. My 2nd choice is the bbq.
Not sure if you knew that you can get the variety pk on Amazon!

Sent from my SM-T530NU using BariatricPal mobile app

Are we twin sistahs from a different mistah? :D Get outta my mind! That's not yours! :D

It can be hard to find good Snacks and you are now 11months out from surgery so it may become easier to be less diligent with your food choices being on plan

if you really want it no one can stop you but this one item may trigger a slippery slope, and no one wants that

Edited by Tealael

Has anyone tried or heard of Papa Steve's No Junk Raw Protein Bars? This company is based in Southern California which is where i live. These bars are made fresh daily, has lots of great reviews but they are pretty expensive! I went to the papa stevies website where I found a variety pack for $34. A package of 10 with 1 flavor cost that much on Amazon!

On 12/12/2017 at 10:04 PM, Sleeveforme2017 said:

Found this today. Low carb are these ok for just for an occasional snack?

IMG_3956.JPG IMG_3957.JPG

i eat lightly salted rice cakes from quaker with a little cream cheese. it shouldnt be an issue

I have been wondering about these Quest Protein chips. I wanted to order them from Amazon, but wasn't sure if they have that weird after taste that some Protein Powder does.
Have you tried other flavors?
Glad you like them! I'm going to order them for sure.
Thank you! :778_heartbeat:

I tried the bbq after someone suggest in this post. Didn’t like the after taste and consistency of the chip.

I tried the bbq after someone suggest in this post. Didn’t like the after taste and consistency of the chip.

Good to know! Thanks.

I just ordered some BBQ and some sour cream and onion (they are a little cheaper) as part of my subscribe and save order on Amazon. I will let you know what I think. The cheddar ones looked darned appetizing as well, maybe I'll try those next month.

I was doing the fava bean crisps from Enlighten and ordered a case of the garlic and onions but I'm kind of getting sick of those. Maybe if I can enter these chips into my rotation it'll spruce things up! I've been good this year so I think Santa has no problems ordering these for me ;)

My chips finally came, at least the BBQ ones did. To be honest I don't really like them, certainly not as much as I like the Enlightened fava bean crisps for a snack. Of course, these only have 2g net (4g total) of carbs per bag, and 130 calories, while the Enlightened crisps have a lot more (like 450 cal per bag, which makes it dangerous for me, as it's hard just to eat a few). And I have to admit I do like the 21g of Protein they pack.

I have a case (8 bags I think) of these, so I will give it a while to see if my taste buds adjust. They don't have a very strong taste at all, they just don't do much for me. They don't taste "bad" but taste more like nothing. This morning after eating a bag for Breakfast, I had to fire up some bacon (yay!) to "wake up" my taste buds. Oh well, I guess that's more protein, win/win.

I'm waiting for the case of sour cream flavor I ordered to come in, so let's see if I can find a flavor I like. Fellow bariatrics, do any of these other flavors have a stronger flavor, or all they all weak sauce like this?

56 minutes ago, gwbicster said:

My chips finally came, at least the BBQ ones did. To be honest I don't really like them, certainly not as much as I like the Enlightened fava bean crisps for a snack. Of course, these only have 2g net (4g total) of carbs per bag, and 130 calories, while the Enlightened crisps have a lot more (like 450 cal per bag, which makes it dangerous for me, as it's hard just to eat a few). And I have to admit I do like the 21g of Protein they pack.

I have a case (8 bags I think) of these, so I will give it a while to see if my taste buds adjust. They don't have a very strong taste at all, they just don't do much for me. They don't taste "bad" but taste more like nothing. This morning after eating a bag for Breakfast, I had to fire up some bacon (yay!) to "wake up" my taste buds. Oh well, I guess that's more Protein, win/win.

I'm waiting for the case of sour cream flavor I ordered to come in, so let's see if I can find a flavor I like. Fellow bariatrics, do any of these other flavors have a stronger flavor, or all they all weak sauce like this?

Yes, it's all a compromise. :) I like having the crispy chippy experience and am willing to deal with the dryness thing so that I don't feel guilty or gain. Plus, it's very easy for me to have 1/2 a bag with a lc wrap and know I haven't whacked my day or anything. :D I feel very virtuous and superior. *snort*

Yes, I agree with Fluffy chick! They taste good on the first bite then the taste changes!

Has anyone tried or heard of Papa Steve's No Junk Raw Protein bars? This company is based in Southern California which is where i live. These bars are made fresh daily, has lots of great reviews but they are pretty expensive! I went to the papa stevies website where I found a variety pack for $34. A package of 10 with 1 flavor cost that much on Amazon!

My official opinion on the Protein chips is that they require a dip of some sort. Of course when I enjoyed them with a little whipped cream cheese they were considerably more tasty lol. Another poster suggested fresh salsa that sounds like a winner as well.

I'm personally not a fan of the Protein chips, I'm not a fan of the taste at all. I would rather eat cheese or some beef Jerky personally.