Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are solid foods more satisfying?

I'm 10 days post op and still on liquid only. I drink 3 Protein Shakes a day, 11oz each. It goes down very easily...no discomfort at all. It only takes me about 5 minutes and then I can still drink Water in between shakes.< /p>

I'm nervous that my doctor didn't take enough stomach haha. Some of you are struggling to get 4oz in 30 minutes and I'm over here feeling like I'm still at pre-op capacity.

I'm hoping when I get to solid foods I'll feel that full feeling after a few bites like a lot of you mention.

I had seven days of full liquids and could not wait to get to my two weeks of puréed food phase (still in it, day 4). I was shocked at how much more filling the purée was compared to liquids. It took me 45 minutes to eat 2 T of eggs and 2 T of mashed avocado. You will see! Good luck.

Oh, and yes - to completely answer your question, satisfying and filling!

I'm 10 days post op and still on liquid only. I drink 3 Protein Shakes a day, 11oz each. It goes down very easily...no discomfort at all. It only takes me about 5 minutes and then I can still drink Water in between shakes.
I'm nervous that my doctor didn't take enough stomach haha. Some of you are struggling to get 4oz in 30 minutes and I'm over here feeling like I'm still at pre-op capacity.
I'm hoping when I get to solid foods I'll feel that full feeling after a few bites like a lot of you mention.

Yes they are dense Protein will fill you.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

Liquids pass through the stomach faster than solids, and yes, it isn't often you'll get a full feeling from liquids only (shakes included). One you hit solids that will all change. First time I tired to eat a single egg I couldn't finish it. In time you'll be able to east slightly larger portions. It's the density of the food that really matters. Months later a cup of cut up chicken would leave me feeling stuffed and miserable, but a cup of something like mashed potatoes wouldn't make me feel full at all.

Be thankful you're having an easy time getting things down! At that point I was still struggling to get anything down without a fight.

Not for me. I'm one of the 'lucky' individuals who ended up with constant hunger after surgery. I never had constant hunger before surgery, and I was one of those people who would go most of the day without eating. The solid foods I'm on right now (Semi-Regular Diet stage), even tuna, ground beef, etc.... causes fullness, but it doesn't last very long, and once my stomach has emptied my stomach is growling again and the hunger is back.

Now, to clear any confusion... I don't have cravings....I have hunger. Not head hunger, but real hunger that is never satisfied with more fluids or additional heartburn meds.

Not for me. I'm one of the 'lucky' individuals who ended up with constant hunger after surgery. I never had constant hunger before surgery, and I was one of those people who would go most of the day without eating. The solid foods I'm on right now (Semi-Regular Diet stage), even tuna, ground beef, etc.... causes fullness, but it doesn't last very long, and once my stomach has emptied my stomach is growling again and the hunger is back.

Now, to clear any confusion... I don't have cravings....I have hunger. Not head hunger, but real hunger that is never satisfied with more fluids or additional heartburn meds.

A 4 ounce steak will not do the same as ground beef or tuna. So don't lose hope. How far out are you ? My hunger settled almost went away month three.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

The wonders of the pyloric valve. Liquids and mushy foods like processed carbs are dumped to the small intestine very quickly while dense Protein like beef and chicken will sit in your stomach being digested for much longer, leaving you feeling full.

Yes. Even 5 months along it is the dense animal Protein that keeps me full and stops me from eating more than 3 Oz.

Yes they definitely fill you up and keep you full longer, especially Protein.