Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

DC or other who has a gastric balloon? How it going?

It's actually "YOU'RE" but you're too f**king stupid to know grammar, spelling, history or fair-play.

It's no wonder so many people arc-up when you engage them. Your ignorance and bad manners seem to know no bounds.

- - -

Even when you are presented CLEAR evidence which refutes your current knowledge or assumptions, your ignorance and stupidity seem to take over.

If you find the opinions and evidence presented by others too distasteful to deal with, why don't you just leave others be? I can see the soul-destroying stuff you have written to some really nice users in a number of threads.

If you don't care for the thoughts and ideas of the others you launch your flames at, just bite your tongue and leave us all alone!

I won't insult you back. It's embarrassing to see someone of your age respond with "your f stupid" lol you sound so smart right now. Weldone you can spell on a forum Lol bye.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

10 hours ago, dreamingsmall said:

You can't correct me. You can not get a balloon on the nhs if you have more than 30lbs to loss. Your unbelievable you think you know more than me due to a program you watch?

Who do YOU think YOU are? I've warned you a few times to follow our rules. Your tone and posts are extremely disrespectful, hurtful, rude and impolite. This is my last warning. Your account will be suspended if you continue this behavior.

Who do YOU think YOU are? I've warned you a few times to follow our rules. Your tone and posts are extremely disrespectful, hurtful, rude and impolite. This is my last warning. Your account will be suspended if you continue this behavior.

I've not insulted anyone. So there allowed to call me stupid and swear at me? I've not called anyone names.

This is a complete joke. I know who I am. This guy goes round correcting people on every single thing even when he's wrong trying to make everyone feel stupid. Your not even barely around on here to see him so you don't even know the back story. In this instance he is saying something that isn't true were I live and they don't even live here. And they are allowed to swear at me and call me stupid and I'm the one unacceptable. Ridiculous do what you want. Pathetic go ahead and look at my post after the last couple of days I've done nothing wrong. I live in the UK and know what my nhs rules are. So how can he correct me based on an old YouTube video when I know what's happening now we're I live in 2017 Do what you want I couldn't care less if you think they are allowed to call me stupid when I have never called anyone names and curse at me. Then perhaps this isn't the place for me anyway. And correction you warned me ONCE in pm. I've never had any other warning from you. But I'm not going to tolerate someone cursing at me. If that's acceptable on this forum then I don't want to be using it anyway. You allow people to make jokes about disabled people and say nothing you allow people to curse at people and call people stupid. But your big issue is me telling someone they are wrong when they are ! And don't live were I live but they want to teach me about the rules of the nhs when I'm actually here !You don't need to suspend my account. I won't bother with this place anymore as I see how you are. I'm the one that reported the cursing and it's me your moaning to when still I did not curse the old man back and I still won't as I know I did nothing wrong.. One rule for one another for another. You don't give a crap about minority insults . The white guy can insult me till he's done if I said one curse word I'd be blocked interesting that isn't it. I see how it is.I'm out of here.Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

Probably a relief to the whole Sunderland community given your obvious abrasiveness, apathy and ignorance.

Very mature. Lol

15 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

I've not insulted anyone.

You really live in a sad state of denial.

You are argumentative in the face of reasoned debate and justifications.

You may be a direct descendant of Canute!

15 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

he is saying something that isn't true

That is plainly against the record of WEIGHT LOSS WARD (UK-TV on ITV) and the case of Terry Gardner which I cited for you.

What I said and described and provided evidence for goes against your WRONGFUL assertion that the British NHS does not ever do gastric balloons for people on higher BMIs.

I clearly mentioned Dr Paul Jaminet's role and his decision to use gastric balloons for people with BMIs over 40. I also presented you a Newspaper reference to a story backing what I said about the weight loss ward at Sunderland AND Terry Gardner AND Dr Jaminet ... and still you bleat like the Black Knight in Monty Python and The Holy Grail.

Your ability to be educated by reasoned presentation is sadly lacking. I probably have a better chance of teaching my wife's cat Astrophysics 101 than getting you to accept clear evidence.

You remind me of the anecdote of the frog in the saucepan on the hotplate on the stove. You won't know until it's too late how your apathy and ignorance holds up your chance to learn from OTHERS WHO HAVE TAKEN NOTICE and tried to share with you.

If you don't get it, try the 1970s advice of foad!

28 minutes ago, dreamingsmall said:

But your big issue is me telling someone they are wrong when they are !

This defies logic as a reason to complain.

You have been carefully refuted with multiple evidence and clear justification.

Edited by Rainbow_Warrior

Well, this thread has been entirely hijacked and the OP's original question has barely been answered. There was a user on here that had the balloon here in the US and paid like 8000.00 out of pocket and literally had it in for like 5 days and had to get it taken out because she felt so terrible. I am not sure what happened to her as I do not see her on here anymore. Personally I would not want the balloon until there is more research about it. I would not want the balloon or the lap band. I feel like those options are for people that cannot fully commit to WLS. I was sleeved on 08-31-17 and it has been harder that I ever imagined it would be. The mental aspect of it is much worse than I anticipated. Other addictions have resurfaced now that I cannot abuse food any more. My wife and I both had it done and our relationship has really struggled we have been on the brink of divorce. I am down 80 pounds and she is down 100. Having said all that, I do not regret getting the VSG.

On 12/10/2017 at 1:25 PM, Julie J said:

I’m considering a balloon and want to see how others have faired. Mostly interested in the middle bit since it seems like most people get better but some still struggle with nausea etc. and nausea is the worst. And I’m a toddler teacher which is impossible to do when you’re not feeling 100% Nw I’ve got two girls. How many weeks/days until folks started to really feel like themselves again. Thanks!

dont waste your money on the balloon ether you will be sick most of the time or it wont work i had it done and i wish i hadnt wasted my money or time i lost 20 lbs and that was the first month and that was it. if i was you i would look into vsg surgery , thats what i am doing now after i waisted 8k on the balloon

10 hours ago, Walter.Sobchak said:

Personally I would not want the balloon until there is more research about it.

It's well-known and much researched in the UK, Europe and Australia.

There are many documentaries about it and a host of Youtube videos.

It is barely akin to the gastric band.

In parts of the UK, it can be the forerunner to a gastric sleeve or RNY when the patient has to lose weight consistently for 6-8 months.

Or, like my wife, successive balloons can be used to help 'fill' the stomach enough to create a feeling of satiety on a very small amount of food.

Look for programs "Weight Loss Ward" (UK) and "The Obesity Myth" (Australia) for a deeper understanding of where balloon technology is helping.

On 12/11/2017 at 1:14 PM, dreamingsmall said:

You can't correct me. You can not get a balloon on the nhs if you have more than 30lbs to loss. Your unbelievable you think you know more than me due to a program you watch?

I just had the Orbera procedure today in America. Their guidelines are different as well. You have to have a BMI of 30-40. I have 60 pounds to lose and a BMI of 39. They take it out after 6 months and keep up the nutrition portion for 6 months after. Most of our insurance companies exclude weight loss surgery so it is only self-pay. It is cheaper than the more permanent options, so yes, different countries definitely seem to have different regulations! I’m just glad that it’s finally approved here.