Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breaking some rules

I am so pathetic right now. I’m licking salt off pretzels. I’m still on a full Fluid diet. All I want to do it eat something that requires chewing and SALT!! I want to have some beef Jerky or salted nuts or salt straight out of the shaker. I’m 9 days post op. I have another week and half to go on full fluid.

Can you have Jello on the full liquid stage. I'm almost 9mo. Post op so I don't fully remember but if so that will give you the chewing sensation. If not you can use a sugar free flavored drink pack, pour it into a bottle of Water then poor that over a cup of ice...

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I am so pathetic right now. I’m licking salt off pretzels. I’m still on a full Fluid diet. All I want to do it eat something that requires chewing and SALT!! I want to have some beef Jerky or salted nuts or salt straight out of the shaker. I’m 9 days post op. I have another week and half to go on full Fluid.< br>

It's understandable that you have cravings and miss chewing. Something you have done your whole life. I suggest creating a journal you can write in for times like this. So you can write your goals your wishes and so on regarding losing weight and why you committed to this challenge. I assure you when the time comes when you can eat beef Jerky and so on.. it may not when interest you. Take one day at a time. And you will get there. Put the pretzel down and get a pen and paper. And write some weightloss goals and what you would reward yourself with when you achieve it ( not food related rewards) I find this very effective. :)

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

Can you have Jello on the full liquid stage. I'm almost 9mo. Post op so I don't fully remember but if so that will give you the chewing sensation. If not you can use a sugar free flavored drink pack, pour it into a bottle of Water then poor that over a cup of ice...

Sent from my SM-G955U using BariatricPal mobile app

I have pudding (sugar free) and I do have a full Fluid approved jello thing in the fridge. I’ll try that. I’m just really into salt right now!

It's understandable that you have cravings and miss chewing. Something you have done your whole life. I suggest creating a journal you can write in for times like this. So you can write your goals your wishes and so on regarding losing weight and why you committed to this challenge. I assure you when the time comes when you can eat beef Jerky and so on.. it may not when interest you. Take one day at a time. And you will get there. Put the pretzel down and get a pen and paper. And write some weightloss goals and what you would reward yourself with when you achieve it ( not food related rewards) I find this very effective. [emoji4]

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

The pretzels are down. I will find a pen and paper ASAP!

I too craved some salt on the full liquid stage, mainly because I was sick of the fake sweet Protein Drinks and jello...A saving grace for me was Tomato Soup! It was salty enough and I felt like I was drinking pizza... Try it..

I also craved salt a ton immediately post op. I found cheap ole lipton Soup a saving grace (obviously I didnt eat the noodles).

Its pretty damn high in sodium, but my blood pressure has never been a problem and ive never been afraid of sodium. Not to mention its always been a childhood comfort food, so that definitely helped me feel better from a mental perspective

I too craved some salt on the full liquid stage, mainly because I was sick of the fake sweet Protein drinks and jello...A saving grace for me was Tomato Soup! It was salty enough and I felt like I was drinking pizza... Try it..

That actually sounds really good. I’ll have that for lunch.< br>

I am 7 days post-op and in the same boat! I actually just had some Tomato Soup. Dietician also recommended Campbell’s cream Soup, 98% fat free, as long as it is strained before eating. I make it with Skim Plus milk to add Protein to it. Had the mushroom kind last night for dinner!

I suggest creating some milestone rewards and concentrating on those. For example, a pedicure or new book, whatever you can get excited about! Good luck :)

I am 7 days post-op and in the same boat! I actually just had some Tomato Soup. Dietician also recommended Campbell’s cream Soup, 98% fat free, as long as it is strained before eating. I make it with Skim Plus milk to add Protein to it. Had the mushroom kind last night for dinner!

The cream Soups made me so nauseous couldn’t do it. I’m have Tomato tomorrow for sure.