Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sleeve Revision to Bypass in January! Looking for a book...

Hello all,

I was sleeved in September 2012 and lost about 70lbs but have gained it back over the years. I’m having a revision to bypass due to severe GERD. I was looking for some books to read on the bypass procedure and maybe recommended eating plans etc. can anyone recommend a book that helped them?

Thanks in advance!

I just bought the Fresh Start Bariatric Cookbook (there is s kindle version on Amazon) and I love it already!

I'm catching up on reading (because I'll be converting from sleeve to bypass next month) and I just downloaded that cookbook. Thanks! :)

I just bought the Fresh Start Bariatric Cookbook (there is s kindle version on Amazon) and I love it already!

Thanks! I’ll check it out.

i would HIGHLY recommend watching every video on youtube from this bariatric surgeon, Dr. Matthew Weiner. he also has a book called "Pound of Cure" which applies to bariatric patients as well.

Edited by JohnnyCakes

I’ve seen many of his videos! I will look for his book on Amazon right now!
Thanks so much, surgery is approved and looking at January 29th.

I’m converting from sleeve to bypass in 2 weeks. Now that my friends know they’re all trying to talk me out of it. Saying the complications are so much higher with bypass than sleeve. They’ve got me second guessing myself!

I'm scheduled to convert (sleeve to bypass) in just over 2 weeks and I'm currently questioning EVERYTHING -- I have 80 pounds still to lose, and if converting to a bypass will only be a minimal help (with potentially higher complication risk), I am just not sure it's worth it.

Thanks for posting that video, @JohnnyCakes it was really interesting and informative.

Shell

8 minutes ago, Shells_Almost_There said:

I'm scheduled to convert (sleeve to bypass) in just over 2 weeks and I'm currently questioning EVERYTHING -- I have 80 pounds still to lose, and if converting to a bypass will only be a minimal help (with potentially higher complication risk), I am just not sure it's worth it.

Thanks for posting that video, @JohnnyCakes it was really interesting and informative.

Shell

I'm in the same boat. When I told friends and family I was converting they all were all trying to talk me out of it. I have 80 pounds to get to my goal but 115 to get to a healthy weight.

Yep,

15 minutes ago, Shells_Almost_There said:

Yup. I'm definitely moving forward with the bypass in about 10 days! @MonkeyNurse you still on? :)

Yep, 7 more days til my bypass :)

I just had a revision from sleeve to bypass on Jan 10th.... how are you guys doing ?

My surgery was delayed a week, so I'm up next Tuesday. Getting nervous!

How is your recovery going? Much different from your sleeve recovery?