Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Please help me settle down a little!

I'm on day 6 of my pre-op diet. I've been sticking to it, only cheated once, but that's because I was about to pass out at work and ate half a PB&J. I am FREAKING OUT that my liver isn't going to be small enough. I get ATLEAST 90g of Protein a day, and ATLEAST 120 oz of liquid... Water, broth, Protein Shakes, and Jello is all I have except my 2 low carb meals a week I'm allowed to have, and so far that's been chicken and veggies, and the other a salad. But I still am so scared that my liver won't be small enough and I won't get the surgery on 12/18. :( I'm going for RNY.

Try to calm down. Every pre op diet, liver shrinking diet, are different for everyone. My surgeon put me on a 14 day Liquid Protein diet with the last 2 Days all Clear Liquids. This does help shrink our fatty livers and make our surgeries safer. I cheated one day of mine do to feeling very faint. It happens.
You sound like you are doing all your surgeon requires and that is what matters. These pre op diets suck, but they also prepare us for the all liquid diet post op. It helps get you into ketosis and jump start weight loss.
Keep doing what your doctor requires of you and you’ll do great. I’m 5 1/2 months out and doing great. I worried about my liver also, but everything went off without a hitch.
Take another deep breath, remember why you are doing this, and how far you’ve come in this journey to a better, healthier you. You got this girl! [emoji2]

it won't be if you cheat again and sometimes they go into do rny and you come out with a sleeve if they were not able to do it if liver is to big. You were not going to pass out after 6 days on a pre op diet unless you have other health conditions associated with eating less. It's a horrible feeling but there is no nutrients in what you opted to eat so I doubt it would stop someone passing out unless your diebetic or something. If I'm honest I have to ask when you feel like your about to pass out what will you eat next time? Have things on hand that are on your plan in that case because we can have reasons why we think it's ok to go off plan and passing out is a good one. Another popular one is " I had to eat these headaches were bad " when headaches and feeling like crap can be part of detox from bad food. I'm not doubting you didn't feel you were going to faint. But even if you ate nothing for 6 days our fat could keep us going lol. You will be fine if you just stay on plan. And don't allow any reason be okay to come of it. Now you know you might faint have that (insert whatever it is you can have ) so you don't end up having something that can jepodise this chance of a life time.

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app