Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 hours ago, BigViffer said:

I am assuming that she is from either Canada or the UK. She also gives her weight in kilograms. It is common for the date format to be day-month-year (dd-mm-yyyy)in those areas. It actually makes a lot more sense to have it that way. Here at work, I name my files with date stamps in yyyy-mm-dd format so that they sort properly.

So in this situation, her surgery date may be Dec 2nd 2017.

Ah thanks. I didn't even think about that. Usually I see people write it as 2 Dec 2017 if they are abroad or Canadian so I didn't even register in my head that's what she meant. My bad.

So well said by the forum admin. All of you berating and trying to call it ‘tough love’ need to look at yourselves and how rude, offensive and argumentative your comments are. It’s just disgraceful behaviour - there’s nothing helpful or supportive about it.

Image1513117584.603206.jpg

Sleeved: 2/12/2017

SW: 209lbs/95kgs

2 minutes ago, YummyMummy303 said:

So well said by the forum admin. All of you berating and trying to call it ‘tough love’ need to look at yourselves and how rude, offensive and argumentative your comments are. It’s just disgraceful behaviour - there’s nothing helpful or supportive about it.

Image1513117584.603206.jpg

I'm very glad that someone is recognizing it. I realize that some veteran's like her, but I think she just likes to banter and likes belittle people. This forum should be a SAFE place for people who haven't (and of course, who have) had the surgery to get support and advice. Thanks for sharing @YummyMummy303

Image1513117584.603206.thumb.jpg.17bd9e08eed8e51fbaf5a10e045bedfe.jpg

Just block her. Then you will never have to see her.

She hasn't broken any rules on this thread.

11 minutes ago, AshAsh1 said:

I'm very glad that someone is recognizing it. I realize that some veteran's like her, but I think she just likes to banter and likes belittle people. This forum should be a SAFE place for people who haven't (and of course, who have) had the surgery to get support and advice. Thanks for sharing @YummyMummy303

Thank you Ash, that means so much! It really is that group that are spoiling the forum for everyone. So many people are feeling pushed off and afraid to share their stories and questions because of them. It’s a shame as I’m receiving lots of private messages from people that are supportive, but it was about time someone told them. There’s nothing wrong with people disagreeing but the way they do it is disparaging and disrespectful, and you can clearly see there’s no support or consideration. Notice how not a single one responded to my comment that my friend had been diagnosed with cancer, they just continues to act cruely and make fun of me - but then want to call it ‘tough love’... how immature and innate. Do they really think everyone’s that stupid?

I think she has on this thread because it completely got off topic to become disparaging and rude towards me. It was completely outside anything to do with the sleeve and became personal - against the rules.

Just now, YummyMummy303 said:

I think she has on this thread because it completely got off topic to become disparaging and rude towards me. It was completely outside anything to do with the sleeve and became personal - against the rules.

I agree with you. I feel like people are like... well, she does have some good advice, sometimes... How about all the other times? Or, she didn't do anything wrong in this thread... OK, how about the other threads she is rude, degrading, belittling... you name it!

I got disgusted with it, and called her out in two different threads. She accused me of being obsessed with her. Saying that I must love her. Clearly, that is not the case (but I did get a good laugh out of it). I just don't stand by and watch other people being bullied and mistreated.

Needless to say, the thread did get way out of control. I'm glad you stuck up for yourself!

7 minutes ago, YummyMummy303 said:

I would love to but don’t know how. Can I do it on the app?

She is right about being able to block her. But it's not perfect, not like Facebook. I'll send you the instructions in a PM when I get home and can look at it on the app.

I agree with you. I feel like people are like... well, she does have some good advice, sometimes... How about all the other times? Or, she didn't do anything wrong in this thread... OK, how about the other threads she is rude, degrading, belittling... you name it!
I got disgusted with it, and called her out in two different threads. She accused me of being obsessed with her. Saying that I must love her. Clearly, that is not the case (but I did get a good laugh out of it). I just don't stand by and watch other people being bullied and mistreated.
Needless to say, the thread did get way out of control. I'm glad you stuck up for yourself!

Good for you Ash for standing up to her - that was the main point for me standing up to her on here.

I mean yes, I’ve only been on here a few weeks and haven’t seen all of her posts, but I’ve seen enough the last few weeks to recognise how rude and offensive she is towards people and she intentionally takes things they say out of context which is passive aggressive and gaslighting. She is scaring people pre-op and making them second guess themselves.

They should all stick to a 4yr post-op group and let the newbie’s meet and chat. They’re not supportive or helpful.

We need more people like you that will stand up to bullies like that. Nothing like fat people that get skinny to become bullies... smh

I tried to gently point it out to her at first, thinking maybe she didn’t realise, but now I’m confident she absolutely does realise and they just want to be argumentative and rude to people. So no point continuing to discuss it - I just hope there are more people like you that will stand up to her and all her goons in the future.

Bless up xxx

Off topic isn't against the rules and rude/personal is a matter of opinion. I don't see either. If she had broken rules on this thread Alex would have weighed in.

I needed her form of reality check as a newbie, so it's not just the veterans. I continue to appreciate it. All types are needed on this board. The love and light "it will all be OK" irritates me, but I just ignore it.

To block someone click on their name. Once on that screen click on the three dots top right. Then you can select ignore/block.

Good for you Ash for standing up to her - that was the main point for me standing up to her on here.

I mean yes, I’ve only been on here a few weeks and haven’t seen all of her posts, but I’ve seen enough the last few weeks to recognise how rude and offensive she is towards people and she intentionally takes things they say out of context which is passive aggressive and gaslighting. She is scaring people pre-op and making them second guess themselves.

They should all stick to a 4yr post-op group and let the newbie’s meet and chat. They’re not supportive or helpful.

We need more people like you that will stand up to bullies like that. Nothing like fat people that get skinny to become bullies... smh

I tried to gently point it out to her at first, thinking maybe she didn’t realise, but now I’m confident she absolutely does realise and they just want to be argumentative and rude to people. So no point continuing to discuss it - I just hope there are more people like you that will stand up to her and all her goons in the future.

Bless up xxx

Please clarify... you think vets have no place sharing with newbies? You can't mean that.

I learned so much from vets as a newbie! I needed that and wouldn't have been nearly as successful without it. And yes, from people just like her.

Please clarify... you think vets have no place sharing with newbies? You can't mean that.

I learned so much from vets as a newbie! I needed that and wouldn't have been nearly as successful without it. And yes, from people just like her.

here we go again... the ones that are rude and disparaging yes, they should back off because they don’t know it all.

[emoji849] here we go again... the ones that are rude and disparaging yes, they should back off because they don’t know it all.

Thank you for clarifying. I guess I just don't see it as rude or disparaging . I got a lot out of posts you would probably consider rude/disparaging. That's why I just suggest everyone takes what's useful to them and leaves the rest. And uses the block feature if they don't like someone. We all need and appreciate and learn from different styles. I am glad all kinds exist and I seek out what's useful to me and try to give what might be useful to others.