Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro time: who's new to the group, who's pre-op, & who just recently made it to the loser's bench?

Hi f.f.Monty &, welcome. What surgery will you be having and where are you located? Also let us know your surgery date when you get one. We have everything from newbies to seasoned veterans on here and we all want to help any way we can, so ask if you have any questions.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

1 minute ago, frust8 said:

Hi f.f.Monty &, welcome. What surgery will you be having and where are you located? Also let us know your surgery date when you get one. We have everything from newbies to seasoned veterans on here and we all want to help any way we can, so ask if you have any questions.

I plan to get the gastric sleeve and I'm located in NYC. I hope to soak up all the knowledge the forum has to offer as well as give support to others!

Hello everyone. I’m Ashley. 32F. I am pre-op and located in Michigan. My surgery date is 3/21/18. I am having RNY. My surgeon is the AMAZING Dr.Matthew Weiner. He has great informative videos on YouTube if your curious. I am struggling with knowing if I’m prepared. And which Vitamins to choose. And what all I will need. I am leaning toward getting the Celebrate Multivitamin. Any suggestions?

I plan to get the gastric sleeve and I'm located in NYC. I hope to soak up all the knowledge the forum has to offer as well as give support to others!

I’m in NYC too just had VSG last week on the 28th at Montefiore.

The Road 2 A Better Me

6 hours ago, SleevedSoulSistah said:

I’m in NYC too just had VSG last week on the 28th at Montefiore.

The Road 2 A Better Me

Oh, wow! How are you feeling?

3 months to go pre op.

Sent from my LG-M153 using BariatricPal mobile app

What surgery are you going with.

Hi I am just waiting on insurance clearance and then can set my date for vertical sleeve gastrectomy. Surgeon said that he would try to get me on March schedule. It will be so nice to have buddies going through this!!!

Hello everyone. I’m Ashley. 32F. I am pre-op and located in Michigan. My surgery date is 3/21/18. I am having RNY. My surgeon is the AMAZING Dr.Matthew Weiner. He has great informative videos on YouTube if your curious. I am struggling with knowing if I’m prepared. And which Vitamins to choose. And what all I will need. I am leaning toward getting the Celebrate multivitamin. Any suggestions?

I have been taking the gummy vitamins for adults but I just ordered the Vitamin patch's from the store on this app.

Which surgery did you choose?

I get my first consult with the surgeon this thursday.had a psych eval and orientation already. I have Kaiser and it appears everything is covered. I'm still torn on the RNY vs the sleeve. Seems the sleeve is getting more popular but there isn't as much long-term data to see how it compares. Any help deciding would be great.

Do you have diabetes or GERD? Those 2 conditions your doctor will suggest a RnY, in the long run you'll lose a tad more with RnY(which is another name for gastric bypass). I think on Bariatric Pal there are a few more sleevers than bypasses but it's like 53% to 47% by my guess so really pretty even, I could tell you my reasons for RnY but it truly is a decision for you and your doctor to make. Sometimes it relies on your age as well as other conditions. He/She will know more of your physical condition and other factors than I do. I'll make you a promise, I'll tell you what made my decision but let's let some other people weigh in, then if you want still to hear, I'll tell you, okay? At any rate welcome and we're here to answer any other questions you may have.

Don't have diabetes or GERD. Thanks for the reply.