Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro time: who's new to the group, who's pre-op, & who just recently made it to the loser's bench?

I've been to Campbell River and Quadra Island, I was there for the. Centennial of Confederation. Never been to Victoria but spent some time in Vancouver coming-and-going. My dream is to someday see the Peace River country after I read a novel when I was a teenager. Yes they had invented paper back then, I'm only 72! I'll have a RnY in early-mid March in Columbus, our state capital, I can hardly wait to effect t his change in my life.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

Just starting my journey. Consult is on the 14th of Feb. Can't wait.

Hi. I just joined the group. I am in the pre stage where you visit all the doctors and I am doing nutrition counseling as a requirement from my insurance. I am nervous and excited. My surgery date is 3/12/2018 as long as everything falls into place.

Hi. I just joined the group. I am in the pre stage where you visit all the doctors and I am doing nutrition counseling as a requirement from my insurance. I am nervous and excited. My surgery date is 3/12/2018 as long as everything falls into place.

Your one of the lucky ones that only have to wait 3 mths I have to see a dietician for 6 mths. Next week is my 5th visit [emoji3]

Sent from my XT1650 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, I had my surgery on 18/1/2018, so am 2 weeks post-op. I have lost around 15 pounds and am sick of just drinking fluids (really need food) I am going on a cruise next week ( I know bad timing right) and am wondering would I be able to drink a glass of wine. I will be 3 weeks post-op.

Thanks Nicki

Hi.. I am new to this group. Having sleeve surgery in late March. Going out of the US for this, and was wondering if after released (day 4) would I feel like a little sight seeing before flying home?

Also, starting to look at options for the liquid diet and wondering?? which am I trying to avoid...fat or sugar?

Many of the Protein Drinks I checked had sugar, and I thought I was supposed to be sugar free, but also have fatty liver disease, so I know its important to get that shrunken down.

Any input would be appreciated!

Hello my name is Dee.

I’ve trolled on here (in a good way) to get, what I’ve found to be some very useful information. I’ve started my journey in November with my first appointment weighing in at 358 (I’m 5’8”) My second appointment was 12/21/17 and I lost 4lbs. Third appointment I just had 1/30 and I was down another 2lbs. My last and final appointment is 2/13 ( I do have nutrition and psych evaluation 2/7) then after that off to the insurance company (Aetna) to be approved. I’ve fluctuated so much with my weight. I’m super excited that I’ve FINALLY made this decision and so is my husband, whom by the way had his sleeve done in September and he’s down 94lbs and looks amazing! We support each other and that’s what matters but I also would love the outside positive influences from you guys [emoji4] I look forward to sharing this experience.

Hi all,

I've had my first appointment on Jan. 15th, and am going through the motions for the next 6 months (nutritional counseling, monthly meetings with the surgeon, etc). I've had the psych eval, had a sleep study, and am trying to show some weight loss before the next appointment with the nutritionist.

Decided on the surgery since I'm getting older and getting more concerned about my health. Been dieting for the past 25 years, losing, gaining, never maintaining for more than a year or two at most. Hoping this all works out and I find a permanent solution to being healthy.

Tentatively slated for surgery in late July.

I'm new here and in two weeks I am going to a seminar that i am required to go to before i can make any appointments. I hope i at least get an appointment to see someone to get started soon after that. I have been preapproved by my insurance and they have assigned me one of their nurses and I have a phone appointment with her or him in a few days. This seems to be a big process and I am so excited and ready to get started.

I think i have decided to the the bypass surgery for sure after much research.

I also have decided to only tell two people. My best sister/friend and my boyfriend. I was terrified to tell him but finally broke down tonight and did. He was very supportive and man do i love that man!!

Now i can openly talk about it to someone and that feels great!!

Hope everyone is having a great night!!

Hi and welcome sammi123. I hope you will have a successful WLS journey. There are newbies like you, people who are on their way to fulfilling their prerequirements for surgery, ones who have recently had surgery, others who,are veterans and mentor the rest,of us.I have learned so,much myself from them and now I want to help others. I haven't had my RnY yet it was supposed to be early-mid March in Columbus, haver run into a delay, hope to have it fixed soon. Beleve you me ,when it gets straightened out, I'll shout it from the rooftops. So if you have any questions please ask, if I don't have an answer somebody else will. Where do you live? I'm switching programs and have to go to a. Seminar myself on March 9th. I live in central Ohio, I've lived within 60 miles of my hometown my entire life. Let's be friends ,we could end up surgery buddies even. Have a good evening.

Sent from my VS880PP using BariatricPal mobile app

My seminar will be in Lexington, Ky. I live nearby. Which surgery have you decided on and yes!! I would love to be friends!! This is all so new, scary and exciting at the same time!!

Hi my name is Teri. I live in Florida.
I started my journey in January and will complete my “pre” consults (psychology, cardiac, sleep, GI) and all nutrition requirements March 2nd.

My surgeon recommended RnY and I am hoping for an April surgery date.