Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Intro time: who's new to the group, who's pre-op, & who just recently made it to the loser's bench?

New here, pre-certification 6 month diet phase. Looking at May 2018.

Hey all!
Just signed up on BP today. I'm pre-op; had my first appointment a little over a year ago on 08/08/2016. Thus far I have jumped through all the hoops presented save for getting to the surgery-safe weight they want me at. As of this morning, I am 22lbs away from it, and down 110lbs from March of last year, my highest weight ever of 652lbs. My next weigh-in (and hopefully the day I will be greenlighted for surgery), is the 21st of this month.
I'm busting my butt to try and get rid of these last 20ish pounds, but am very worried that I am going to just miss my mark. I'm currently on a modified liquid diet of 900-1000cal/day, consisting of 4 Premier Protein shakes and one lean and green meal of approx. 300cals, and do what exercises I can, but I am still limited in my mobility, thus my activities. Does anyone have any suggestions to amp up weight loss? I've heard of doing a milk diet in the week or two right before actual surgery to help shrink down the liver etc., but I'm open to anything. I'm so close, I just need an extra little push!
Any advice is much appreciated. [emoji4]

XOXO,
Mo

This is kind of a hard one, i'm not sure exactly what to suggest that best suits your lifestyle. So far i think you're doing great with the semi liquid diet. If you are able to maybe just light walking around the house for 20 min before bed. Or possibly Water aerobics. But it honestly sounds like you're doing everything else right! Best of luck to you.

Hello, new to the group. I am currently starting my journey to have a gastric sleeve done hopefully in the spring time. I am looking forward to this to help me with keeping the weight off and living a longer life. I am from Texas .

You'll do great. Once you start getting used to buying smaller clothes, you'll be afraid to go backwards. Just remember it's 75% diet and 25% exercise. You'll be fine. You'll learn tons of healthy habits from reading other's posts that can be super helpful. That's how i learned.

On 12/8/2017 at 10:20 AM, Gretsada said:

January will have my surgery! Very excited... but I don’t know when I have to start my liquid diet.... when should I start my diet?

Your surgeons office usually gives you that info but typically it is 2 weeks before your date.

Sleeved on 11/30 already down 20 pounds. I have a follow up tomorrow so may be down some more!

Hi I am Lisa and I'm having my Gastric bypass surgery December 12th. This liquid diet is killing me. I am so sick of Protein Shakes popsicles broth and Jello. Is there any secrets out there to make these things taste a little more glamorous? I have just a couple of more days to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Z981 using BariatricPal mobile app

I'm so glad someone was able to give you suggestions on that. I was nervous to answer because i was not perfect on my pre-op liquid diet. The struggle was real. I will say the post op liquid diet is much easier to stick to because you will have no appetite.

If you're a coffee drinker, mix Decaf coffee with fat free milk and your favorite Protein Powder. I did that on accident one day because i was seriously craving a caramel frappucino. That's unfortunately, the only thing i can think of.

Thank you

Hi I am Lisa and I'm having my Gastric bypass surgery December 12th. This liquid diet is killing me. I am so sick of Protein Shakes popsicles broth and Jello. Is there any secrets out there to make these things taste a little more glamorous? I have just a couple of more days to go. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

How’d surgery go yesterday? How ya feeling today?

Hi! I'm relatively new, but been moving through the process for about 9 months. Surgery is on Wednesday. I've been excited for this for awhile--but now I'm getting nervous. I'm thankful my dr. doesn't have a 2 week liquid diet because 2 weeks no carbs, no sugar has been hard enough. liquids only tomorrow!

Let us know how surgery went!

I’m new to the sleeve part of BP. I had a lapband 6 years ago, had to have it removed beginning of November due to slipping and now I am scheduled to be sleeved on December 18. Super excited! This is my third day on liquids, only four more days to go and then it’s surgery day!

Let us know how surgery went!

Hello gastric bypass surgery is scheduled for Monday December 18, will find out Friday what time to report, not nervous yet, just looking for the next chart to start, I have a beautiful support group couldn’t have done with their help and support. 10 days following the liver shrinking diet, next four days liquid diet with a softer treats that on my diet plan, will spend two nights in the hospital, if no complications arise, I’m Usely in ICU within 24 hours after any major surgery. We’re going for a gastric bypass surgery but sleeve if too much scaring is discover. 96hr to go started this year at 292 seen the surgeon May 27, 17 wt 282 4days out 257 goal 145. 5’2 great journey.