Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi,

I start my pre-op liquid diet on 12/14/17 and was wondering does anyone have good ideas for things to have other then Protein Shakes?

My dietitian said that she doesn't want me going over 1000 calories. Any suggestions help!

Hi,
I start my pre-op liquid diet on 12/14/17 and was wondering does anyone have good ideas for things to have other then Protein Shakes?
My dietitian said that she doesn't want me going over 1000 calories. Any suggestions help!

Protein Jello, sugar free popscicles, sugar free pudding, and Soup. Ask your nut if you're allowed some soft Protein rich foods like yogurt or string cheese.< br>

thank you so much ! :)

I'm also scheduled for surgery (RNY) on 12/28! No pre-op diet for me, except for the day before surgery. Best of luck to you!

On 12/14/2017 at 0:44 PM, Subaru said:

I'm also scheduled for surgery (RNY) on 12/28! No pre-op diet for me, except for the day before surgery. Best of luck to you!

Lucky! I am on day 2 of 14 and it's a struggle. Day by day it gets better though :)

My surgery is 12/29. I only have to do the liquid diet for 7 days. Not looking forward to it. The struggle is going to be over Christmas.

I'm scheduled for 12/27. Just started my two week liquid. Are the BA Protein Shakes only 8 oz? I'm starving then a crisp or bar 3 hours later. What are you all doing

Hey I’m doing: 8am Premier Protein Caramel shake 9am 16.9 Water & sugar free Jello 11am Premier Protein Bananas & Cream Shake 12pm Water 16.9 & Crystal Light, Sugar Free Popsicle 3pm Premier Protein strawberry Shake 4pm chicken broth and water 16.9 oz 7pm Premier Protein Caramel Shake 8pm water 16.9oz I’m on about a 800 calories diet. I hope this help you and someone else. It’s hard but we going to make it for the greater good. Just know your not along.

My surgery is 12/28 as well, and I'm a few days into my liquid diet. Below is the diet my surgeon's nutritionist gave me. Basically Premier Protein shakes for Breakfast, lunch, and dinner, with a mix of vanilla greek yogurt, broth, Jello, apple juice, and milk for additional Snacks, which shakes out to around 1000 calories/day. I'm not loving it but I'm managing, and I'm following it pretty well except that I don't like popsicles so (with my surgeon's approval) I'm swapping those out for one Yasso Greek Yogurt Vanilla Frozen Bar per day (WAY better).

preop.jpg

Edited by kaydo

Absolutely everything is done. All my pre-op tests. Blood typing. Pre-op visit with anesthesia. Instructions given for showering with hibiclens and sleeping in clean sheets the night before. All. Done.

Now I have 8 days until my clear liquid pre-op day, and 9 days until surgery. A week and a half to just get nervous and stress. :o

Congrats! I had my pre-admission appointment this morning as well so it's starting to feel very real (and a little nerve-wracking). My period started today which has made the liquid diet particularly tough (oh god, I want chocolate) but I'm hanging in...

My surgery is the day after Christmas. I’m on day two of Clear Liquids diet and I cheated the first day. My head feel like my eyes might blow out and I want to gnaw my co workers arm off. So early to be second guessing everything.

Thank you everyone !

Oh my gosh oh my gosh oh my gosh!! One week from today!!