Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Have any of you guys tried to make your own fast food? And do any of you have issues with mayo? Please let me know

I have seen a while back on PINTREST there was a BIG MAC CHEESEBURGER recipe. PINTERST has lots of recipes for all kinds of different diets ETC> You might check things out, you never know what you will find. Have a great day.

How do you make your own fast food? Seems like it would take a long time.

And no issues with mayo

How do you make your own fast food? Seems like it would take a long time.

And no issues with mayo

I found a couple recipes online so that way when I have to start cooking again for my boyfriend and I it’s a healthier option. Like oven baked fries that you cut yourself are lower in calories and stuff. But the biggest issue I had was if I’ll have issues with mayo or not

My NUT told me to use real mayo vs reduced fat. I had an issue with the reduced fat since to me it tastes like miracle whip. Just use it sparingly and you'll be fine. I've made chicken salad and egg salad with real mayo no issues at all.

Sent from my LGMS330 using BariatricPal mobile app

That sounds perfect. And I used to do Greek yogurt or avocado instead of mayo for chicken salad

I have seen a while back on PINTREST there was a BIG MAC CHEESEBURGER recipe. PINTERST has lots of recipes for all kinds of different diets ETC> You might check things out, you never know what you will find. Have a great day.

That’s the recipe I found!!

Have any of you guys tried to make your own fast food? And do any of you have issues with mayo? Please let me know

I can't imagine why there would be an issue with mayo. I love it

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

2 hours ago, ancirasd said:

I found a couple recipes online so that way when I have to start cooking again for my boyfriend and I it’s a healthier option. Like oven baked fries that you cut yourself are lower in calories and stuff. But the biggest issue I had was if I’ll have issues with mayo or not

Sounds like you should read up on an Air Fryer (theres definitely lots of threads on them here)

I know preop ive made virtually oilless airfried fries before and they were delicious. Baked/broiled fries are delicious one of my previous favorites, but usually are sitting in oil the whole time. Im not even remotely close to being ready to introduce potatoes back into my diet so it will be a while until I try them post op. Im looking forward to trying airfryed chicken cutlets using almond meal as well for a high Protein high Fiber low carb version of fried chicken. Probably will be incredibly dry and flavorless unless its brined though.

A related question ive had for anyone who knows, is whats the verdict on leaving the skins of the potato on post op ? I know its the healthiest part of the potato and high in fiber, I just dont know how well the stomach handles that (and a litle dirt). Or if its something you probably want to wait till like a year or two postop for.

Edited by Mhy12784

Sounds like you should read up on an Air Fryer (theres definitely lots of threads on them here)
I know preop ive made virtually oilless airfried fries before and they were delicious. Baked/broiled fries are delicious one of my previous favorites, but usually are sitting in oil the whole time. Im not even remotely close to being ready to introduce potatoes back into my diet so it will be a while until I try them post op. Im looking forward to trying airfryed chicken cutlets using almond meal as well for a high Protein high fiber low carb version of fried chicken. Probably will be incredibly dry and flavorless unless its brined though.
A related question ive had for anyone who knows, is whats the verdict on leaving the skins of the potato on post op ? I know its the healthiest part of the potato and high in fiber, I just dont know how well the stomach handles that (and a litle dirt). Or if its something you probably want to wait till like a year or two postop for.

My mom had gastric bypass and did well with the skin on the potatoes around 10 months pp. so since I’ve gotten my sleeve I’m helping her get back on track with eating healthy again same with my dad. And I’ll def have to check them out thanks!

10 minutes ago, ancirasd said:

My mom had gastric bypass and did well with the skin on the potatoes around 10 months pp. so since I’ve gotten my sleeve I’m helping her get back on track with eating healthy again same with my dad. And I’ll def have to check them out thanks!

I mean Air fryers are kinda difficult to perfect and are absolutely a gimmick. But if you focus on a handful of foods and perfect them it can be beneficial

On 12/3/2017 at 0:41 AM, Mhy12784 said:

I mean Air fryers are kinda difficult to perfect and are absolutely a gimmick. But if you focus on a handful of foods and perfect them it can be beneficial

I haven't found it to be a gimmick if you get a good one and follow the instructions. We have had one for 2-3 years now and love it. We do more with it than just make french fries (rarely use it for that). We have the Philips brand, and they are one of the first ones to come out with it. There are tons of knock-offs out there now that aren't worth a crap. Do your research and get a good brand.

I'm almost a year post op and I have no issues with full fat mayo. My NUT is not a fan of the fat free trend and she said fat is good for the diet in moderation so I've always been okayed to use full fat Condiments.

Also an air fryer is a great investment in my opinion. My husband cooks in ours a lot. We also do things like oven baked fries or grilled potatoes when were having burgers, etc.

Yesterday I made a chicken & egg salad for sandwiches with mayo and it was fine. As far as making my own fast food, I do try to make some of my favorites to save money. Just google chick fil a grilled chicken recipe (or whatever Restaraunt and your fave food and you will find recipes for them [emoji177]

Have a great day!
Amanda [emoji16]
HW 248 CW 230 SW 231 ASW 239
Surgery Date: 11/21/2017.
Goal weight 150’ish 🤞🏼