Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Breast reduction- did anyone get one after surgery? If so why?

So now that i'm closer to my goal, i'm looking into possibly having some work done so i can feel great about myself.

I'm definitely buying a bigger butt. But i'm debating on whether or not i should get a breast reduction too. I'm not having pains or anything that would require me to get one. And i'm conflicted because i'm glad they're still intact post op. The reason why i'm actually considering it is because of buying clothes, my waist is a small, but my chest is definitely a large, so it makes buying anything with a button or a zipper a challenge. I'm also afraid that if i do get a reduction then my stomach will become more noticeable. 04AA6886-C793-4EB7-8FBE-7383104CB9B9.jpg IMG_2636.JPG

Below are my before and after photos. What do you suggest i do? (Obviously the two photos on the left are my before pics and the jumpsuit is my after)

16 minutes ago, xoxococojay said:

I'm also afraid that if i do get a reduction then my stomach will become more noticeable

Congrats on your weight loss! You look FABULOUS! I'd say that your breasts are not proportional to your body now. Even if they aren't bothering your back now, they will likely later. I wouldn't be worried about smaller breasts making your stomach look larger... girl... your stomach is pretty darn flat!

Again, way to go!

Congrats on your weight loss! You look FABULOUS! I'd say that your breasts are not proportional to your body now. Even if they aren't bothering your back now, they will likely later. I wouldn't be worried about smaller breasts making your stomach look larger... girl... your stomach is pretty darn flat!
Again, way to go!

Thank you. It's just so hard finding winter coats and things like that, that actually zip up all the way. But i think i would miss them if i got rid of them too.

When I was thinner, I had the same problem. I've always had large breasts. I feel like I was born with them. So I know the feeling. My mom is the same way. She was a DD. She has always been thin though (120-130 lbs, at 5'2). She had a breast reduction and I couldn't believe how much smaller she looked afterwards. It was crazy. Her shoulders became less broad... it was an interesting transformation to say the least.

When I was thinner, I had the same problem. I've always had large breasts. I feel like I was born with them. So I know the feeling. My mom is the same way. She was a DD. She has always been thin though (120-130 lbs, at 5'2). She had a breast reduction and I couldn't believe how much smaller she looked afterwards. It was crazy. Her shoulders became less broad... it was an interesting transformation to say the least.

Yeah that's definitely my family too. Everyone in my family has large breasts too, ranging from FF -J cups. Some had breast reductions but due to back pain. They were all also smaller in frame. I haven't talked to them about it, maybe i should.

You look amazing! I've lost about 70 pounds and my huge boobs are starting to deflate. :huh: I remarked today to a friend that I didn't think one should be able to fold over their boobs. :P

I don't know that I would do it just for clothing, but it's 100% what you feel comfortable doing. There are lots of types or coats and clothing. Plus, anything can be altered by a good tailor. You can for sure be documenting as they start to hurt, and I imagine they will. Hopefully with that, the insurance will be more likely to cover it.

My breast reduction was the best decision EVER!!! I am so much more comfortable with them, and as my dr. told me: pick a size, any size, you have enough material to work with!!! Only you can answer the question for yourself, but personally I think you would look more stunning with smaller breasts and people would notice your whole body at first glance and not just your breasts which look very large with your small waist. Also, my recovery time was so easy! Just my opinion. Good luck!

HOLY MOLEY Girlfriend!! That is some boobs there!! I have always had large boobs too!! A-DD most of my life...thin or whatever. But you are so small everywhere else it is your decision and only yours, but,,,like I said man o mighty!! You could go down some and still look awesome!!!

My breast reduction was the best decision EVER!!! I am so much more comfortable with them, and as my dr. told me: pick a size, any size, you have enough material to work with!!! Only you can answer the question for yourself, but personally I think you would look more stunning with smaller breasts and people would notice your whole body at first glance and not just your breasts which look very large with your small waist. Also, my recovery time was so easy! Just my opinion. Good luck!

How long was your recovery time? Did they do a lift also?

I've considered it and talked to plastic surgery. My plastic surgeon said that after he does the panni and Tummy Tuck, if I don't do a reduction I will look more lopsided than I do now. I'm 5'3", 166 lbs., wearing size 8 pants right now and likely to be a six at goal. Right now I'm a 36F or DD depending on bra. When I was my heaviest, I was a 42 J. I've had two kids, so right now my boobs are major saggy. My doc said he'd reduce and lift - probably leaving me with a 36 or 34 depending on my band size when I get to him) C. I'm good with that.

I will likely have the abdominal work done in July 2018. I probably won't have boobs done until summer 2019.

So now that i'm closer to my goal, i'm looking into possibly having some work done so i can feel great about myself.
I'm definitely buying a bigger butt. But i'm debating on whether or not i should get a breast reduction too. I'm not having pains or anything that would require me to get one. And i'm conflicted because i'm glad they're still intact post op. The reason why i'm actually considering it is because of buying clothes, my waist is a small, but my chest is definitely a large, so it makes buying anything with a button or a zipper a challenge. I'm also afraid that if i do get a reduction then my stomach will become more noticeable. 04AA6886-C793-4EB7-8FBE-7383104CB9B9.thumb.jpg.9a95ea9c9eaae005faadad68c4b98c98.jpg IMG_2636.thumb.JPG.8cd0fe08c0cf2efe25df87245b717d81.JPG
Below are my before and after photos. What do you suggest i do? (Obviously the two photos on the left are my before pics and the jumpsuit is my after)

You look amazing. I worry though everyone buying big buts when big butts aren't in style what will happen ? But whatever makes u happy I think u look perfect. But it's not about what anyone thinks

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

There are many slim people who get fake boobs your size lol. You said you'd miss them. If you wouldn't miss them I'd consider. But some people really don't mind big boobs mine have really deflated so my boobs are a lot of fat yours are clearly all real boob!

Sent from my Vivo 5R using BariatricPal mobile app

15 hours ago, xoxococojay said:

How long was your recovery time? Did they do a lift also?

I was out of the hospital in one day; and was up and about the next day. Just about 6 weeks of just not lifting anything heavy or doing heavy workouts. Easy!

I’m definitely going to have a reduction. Since my loss (55lbs) my body is shaped like the letter ‘P’.
I’m a 38 DDD